Stainless steel refinishing?

I have a line on a stainless pistol that has seen better days. It's mechanically sound but the exterior has many scrapes and scratches. I could either have it polished up to look like nickel or CeraKoted. Any suggestions on who would be good to refinish it preferably in Ontario?

If you polish it up it will show even the most minor of blemishes in the future.

The cheapest option would be to have it bead blasted a dull stainless. That should cover up the existing marks and make future one's much less noticeable.

Maybe someone else can chime in about Ontario applicators. Otherwise Blackbox, Ceracoat BC, and Armacoat are all well reviewed.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtlgun View Post
    If you polish it up it will show even the most minor of blemishes in the future.

The cheapest option would be to have it bead blasted a dull stainless. That should cover up the existing marks and make future one's much less noticeable.

Maybe someone else can chime in about Ontario applicators. Otherwise Blackbox, Ceracoat BC, and Armacoat are all well reviewed.
    +1

I've read numerous posts all over the cyber gun world where people have said they will never own a high polish gun again because it's nearly impossible to keep them looking nice. Every micro scratch is visible. I always thought I'd like a high polish nickle 1911, but thought better of it after reading all the stories.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mtlgun View Post

Thanks. I'm not wedded to the polish. Bead blasting sounds like the better choice.