Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PPC Shooters

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Nice!
    We all sucks shooting. Been awhile since we did 20Y. I only came 3rd with a 932. 2nd was 938, 1st was a 939 LOL.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong...isn't PPC the equivalent of IDPA?
    They're very different.

Watch this video:

Retired Maryland State Police Captain Jack McCauley speaking in the Maryland Senate for CCW reform:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUaPDiW-GY

holy crap....this revolver must weight a ton. i like the fully adjustable front sight ,well...in fact, this gun is probably one of a kind. trigger reset seems very,very short for a DA . barrel is super extra thick and after watching him shoot it , seems like it doesn't even move-muzzle flip at all lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I was hoping he would show up and do something useful in front of the cameras. Like beat the flames out with his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    This intellectual midget needs to rub the contents of a large tube of PREPARATION H on his ego and then smack himself with the empty tube until he's in a permanent coma. !

CZ shoots well. 2nd out of 11 shooters. Only 7pt from first.

Huge improvement since I started last Oct.

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RobertMcC

GTW (08-18-2018), lone-wolf (08-18-2018)

Finally got back to the range this morning, was a ppc shoot with 24rds @ 50yrd for the last round(90rds total), so my 1911 was far from the top but up till that point I was getting in the zone pretty good. Really noticed how much I was slapping the trigger and trying to tame that.
    Doing another one tomorrow, duty match so 25yrd match distance.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Good job,

Yeah it's amazing what you learn. I wish we could shoot 50 M

Weird how it seems that PPC is unknown.

My first time shooting was when I was 13, my Uncle took me along when he practiced his PPC shooting at Islington Gun Club. That was 1983.
    First pistols were a Luger, 1911 and a .357.
    Ahhh, the good old days. Uzi, HK, Galil.....
    Previously- Rivetc78 from CGN

Quote Originally Posted by Sabio View Post
    Weird how it seems that PPC is unknown.

My first time shooting was when I was 13, my Uncle took me along when he practiced his PPC shooting at Islington Gun Club. That was 1983.
    First pistols were a Luger, 1911 and a .357.
    Ahhh, the good old days. Uzi, HK, Galil.....
    Yeah..Most of our people moved to IPSC.

I signed up for a 1500 match at the end of the month. So I'll be practicing 50M this week.

So practicing for this PPC match..880 Pt, I scored a 770. With only 5 total misses, and 13 off scoring.

ppc.jpg

Just to get a sense of the scores, Mike and Shawn are shooting revolvers, Calvin & David are both shooting CZs iirc.
    900 is the highest possible score. 90 rounds shot in a match.
    So this includes a 50yrd round, with 6 prone, 6 sitting, and iirc 6 standing right hand barricade. There might be 6rnds left hand barricade but I'm terrible at trying to remember the course of fire.

Anyways you can see the match percentage of the autos being a good chunk lower than the revolvers. Likely missed shots from the 50yrds.
    Every 10% is 9rnds if I math correctly, a possible 90 points missed out on. Min score on a hit is 7 iirc, so even just getting in a scoring zone is 63 points for those 9 rounds.
    Calvin is in the mid 800s when shooting the same pistol in the duty match, which only goes to 25yrds. Same number of rounds fired.

I just wanted to illustrate the difficulty and the importance of the 50yrd rounds in ppc shoots.
    Not picking on David or Calvin either, cause they know I sit right around that score on a good day.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast