What's the lightest 10/22 Stock?

I'm generally happy with my Remington 597, but I think I'm going to gift it to family members who are new shooters.

I want to replace it with a 10/22, and the style I really like is the kind that don't have the barrel band; I think these are generally called the Sporter style.

My goal is to keep the gun light, though, because that's what my wife loves about the 597. Hopefully we can keep it in the 5-5.5 pound range, and not 6+.

I don't like the wood stock on a 10/22, though, and the Hogue overmould style looks beautiful but I think it's even heavier than the wood one?

What other options are out there for synthetic stocks, the lighter the better?
    I have no signature block.

Added: I just saw that they now make a Takedown light ("lite" [sp?]) edition, but the effing thing is over $1000 after tax:

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/97364...-rimfire-rifle

I can see "takedown" adding some money, and "lite" adding some money, but we're now talking about a rifle asking triple what a basic 10/22 costs, which is insane.

It's not really that much lighter, either, but 4.7 pounds vice 5.0 for the basic. I don't really need the takedown option, either, so I think I'll just stick with a basic 5.0 pound model with the 18" barrel, but I'd still like a lighter/better stock if possible.

I can't find a direct comparison of weight for the Hogue vs OEM stock, though. If it's anywhere close I'll get one, and even those together are still only at $500.

I heard the Blackhawk Axiom is. From someone that kept on making lightweight 10/22s. The Houge is indeed heavier than the wood.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    I heard the Blackhawk Axiom is...
    Cool, thank you. Hadn't heard of that one, but I see that it's very light. I just want the basic style, though, as I already have a ton of pistol grip style rifles.

There's a 10/22 compact, ruger has it at 4.5lbs. Wood stock... but one of the cheap ramline/bc stocks shouldn't add any weight.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Surprisingly few posts here, I thought the 10/22 owners would be out in full?

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Surprisingly few posts here, I thought the 10/22 owners would be out in full?
    Not many options for light weight stocks. The axiom that I said, or the factory wood. Other than that everything else is heavier.

Interesting that factory wood is among the lightest. Maybe that will prove to be my option afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Interesting that factory wood is among the lightest. Maybe that will prove to be my option afterall.
    I know when I had a factory syn and a factory wood. It was lighter by a few oz.