Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by IanC View Post
    I have several factory 10/22 stocks and the synthetic is much lighter then the wood one. I dont have a scale but there is a noticable difference especially with a scope mounted.
    Thank you. I ended up going against my criteria for light in lieu of getting a high-quality one, and chose the Magpul.

I think the OEM plastic one must actually be the lightest option, because the thing felt like a feather when it came off.

Unfortunately I ended up adding weight with the Magpul, but hopefully my wife and kids can still shoot it.
    I have no signature block.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Added: I just saw that they now make a Takedown light ("lite" [sp?]) edition, but the effing thing is over $1000 after tax:

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/97364...-rimfire-rifle

I can see "takedown" adding some money, and "lite" adding some money, but we're now talking about a rifle asking triple what a basic 10/22 costs, which is insane.
    It's not really that much lighter, either, but 4.7 pounds vice 5.0 for the basic. I don't really need the takedown option, either, so I think I'll just stick with a basic 5.0 pound model with the 18" barrel, but I'd still like a lighter/better stock if possible.

I can't find a direct comparison of weight for the Hogue vs OEM stock, though. If it's anywhere close I'll get one, and even those together are still only at $500.
    $900? True that.

Edit: What's more, the weight is virtually identical to the regular Takedown, a fraction of an ounce difference from what I see on the Cabelas.ca site (4.7 vs 4.66 lbs).
    Last edited by Ruff; 01-25-2018 at 08:54 AM.
    "I may not understand what you say, but I'll defend to your death my right to deny it." --Walt Kelly

CSSA, NRA, and OFAH (yeah, I know)

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Surprisingly few posts here, I thought the 10/22 owners would be out in full?
    My Ruger 10/22 carbine (synthetic stock) is about 5.5lbs, including the scope. Nice light weight and easy for me to handle. I shouldered a wooden one too and it was heavier.

Thank you. Already solved in post 11 above.

Nothing is as light as the Ruger plastic one, unfortunately, so it’s too bad the quality is so sh!tty.

The Remington 597 plastic stock is much better, both in shape and quality.
    I have no signature block.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Petamocto

r5s78 (03-19-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12