Misfire/Hammer Hitting Half Cock on the way to the Pin...

This is not a bash Norinco thread. I love this pistol, it is the most accurate pistol I have ever owned, and the best fitting (that includes my High Standard .22)

I have an issue with my Norinco NZ 85B misfiring; the hammer is hitting and catching on the half cock position, preventing it from hitting the hammer. It will do when shooting, and when dry-firing as well.

Canada Ammo is giving me great support (support does not get any better than this!) and for the few minor issues I have had, they sent me the parts I needed and got me up and running quickly. Likewise with this issue they sent me more parts than I requested, including a new sear, firing pin block, springs and pins. I have contacted them again, and expect to hear from them on Monday; I know that they will help me with what ever I need, but I do want to narrow things down if I can.

Last night I changed out the firing pin block first, as I thought initially that it was failing to clear the pin and that was preventing the firing; but after replacing it, I realized that such was not the case.

I then changed out the sear (for those who are tempted to try this, this is not easy, and there are a bunch of near microscopic parts who's assembly sequence is critical) that took me over an hour to get back together. I tested it and no improvement; I then took it apart and reinspected everything, and could see nothing that looked broken or worn out.

BTW, the second disassembly and re assembly went much easier based on lessons learned! I could likely do it in less than 15 minutes now!!!

Has anyone had similar issues with either the NZ 85, 75, CZ 75/85; let me know, it may save a bit of time getting this issue fixed.

Thanks for what ever support or advice you can give me.

It doing it when you pull the trigger or when you release the safety? I'm betting it's caused by incorrectly reassembly. You take the thing totally apart or try adjusting the trigger?
    On a 1911, the hammer dropping to half cock when the trigger is pulled indicates worn parts. Sear and/or the hammer. Those parts require fitting on any pistol. They are not drop in parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    It doing it when you pull the trigger or when you release the safety? I'm betting it's caused by incorrectly reassembly. You take the thing totally apart or try adjusting the trigger?
    On a 1911, the hammer dropping to half cock when the trigger is pulled indicates worn parts. Sear and/or the hammer. Those parts require fitting on any pistol. They are not drop in parts.
    Yes, I took it apart to replace the sear and the firing pin block to remedy the issue; however, after swapping parts, the problem persisted.

I am going no further trying to fix the issue; Canada Ammo has offered to exchange the pistol for a brand new one; they have been supportive sending me the parts that I requested for this issue, a replacement for a broken extractor, and broken front sight roll pin. I truly love the pistol, and the way it shoots, when it shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Yes, I took it apart to replace the sear and the firing pin block to remedy the issue; however, after swapping parts, the problem persisted.

I am going no further trying to fix the issue; Canada Ammo has offered to exchange the pistol for a brand new one; they have been supportive sending me the parts that I requested for this issue, a replacement for a broken extractor, and broken front sight roll pin. I truly love the pistol, and the way it shoots, when it shoots.
    Only other thing it could be is the hammer.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.