DNO Firearms DX-7

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...firearms-dx-7/

Looks like with a long enough barrel it could be Canadian legal as a non-restricted? Might be another avenue besides the M10X? Its not even out yet but looks interesting.

Price will be the key. The M10x isn't selling well in the US, which has access to both cheap and expensive AK's. People don't want to pay a huge premium for rails over a standard AK.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohno View Post
    Price will be the key. The M10x isn't selling well in the US
    They were supposedly jacking foreign prices so they could under-price the m10x in the states.
    If they went through with that, then it's not selling well - despite it being priced lower than it should.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Well the "DMR" marketing price strategy isn't helping the Canadian market either.

I didn't overly care much for the look of the M+M M10X (wasn't super fond of the M-lok front end or the stock, which I know could probably have been changed). But the DX-7 looks nice. It looks AK inspired for certain. But that leaves me with just one, kinda major, question... Is it allowed in Canada?

Is the DX-7 different enough to qualify as not an AK and thusly be allowed in Canada? (As AKs are prohibited here.) I mean in the article they say "modernized the AK platform". But then they talk about a new receiver and all that. Or will it end up banned on looks alone?

Canadian Forceswww.specterarms.ca Specter Arms's Avatar
    My money is on banned.
    Looks like an Ak - strike 1
    Takes Ak parts - strike 2
    Called an Ak - strike 3
    Guns, optics and accessories along with sound professional advice at
    www.specterarms.ca
    http://specterarms.blogspot.ca/

I have to agree it will likely never come to Canada because as soon as the ban faeries read the "an interesting take on redesigning and modernizing the AK platform" in the description they will dub it evil incarnate. Shame though it looks interesting.