Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    I agree, noone should have a firearms license. A right is not a right if it can be taken away. If you have to ask government permission, they can say no.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Magnum v2.5

glockfan (12-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Impaired driving in the Criminal Code for a reason.

If it isn't criminal, take it out of the Criminal Code. But if it is criminal, and it is, a firearms officer should take any conviction into consideration.
    Perhaps they do take it into consideration if they do a CPIC search on an applicant but it is not one of matters that need to be declared on the application.

The questions that must be answered on the application relate to the provisions in the Criminal Code pertaining to violence, firearms misuse, controlled substances. There are a great many CCC charges that would not have to be declared in an application including a DUI.

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    We've all seen how he behaves. He likes the sound of his voice. He likes the attention. Here's a classic example, from November 30 on his Facebook profile.

My point is, he gives the impression that he's trying to be a hero. If he's willing to go bankrupt to claim that title, so be it. There are better ways to navigate through life.
    Never heard of this guy before but I like the way he talks from that excerpt and I respect nothing more but man willing to go bankrupt then sell out.

How do I help out?

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Booletsnotreactwell

glockfan (Yesterday), IJ22 (Today)

Click Click...
    LOL, who wants to take bets that there is an alcohol-related charge somewhere in there?
    He has no problem disclosing the charges that would get him the sympathy of the gun community, but conveniently can't talk about the "other" charges.
    Probably also why he had to deny the help of an org, because there is evidently more to this arrest than what he likes to admit.

He was also removed from the Cadex Contact Us page, so i'm assuming whatever happened was serious enough to cause him to lose his job.

Assumptions of course, but given the guy's history, odds are those assumptions are very close to reality.

I'd challenge him to disclose the full list of charges. but of course that won't happen.
    Last edited by sewktbk; Today at 12:47 AM.

Click Click...
    Quote Originally Posted by Booletsnotreactwell View Post
    Never heard of this guy before but I like the way he talks from that excerpt and I respect nothing more but man willing to go bankrupt then sell out.

How do I help out?
    By letting a guy with multiple DUIs get his act together and deal with his own shitshow.
    But if you really can't help yourself and want to give him money for his legal defense, ask him to give you the full story on why and how he was arrested in the first place.

This guy has been sued and has spent more time in court for more reasons than everyone else I know combined.
    Last edited by sewktbk; Today at 12:59 AM.

I'm not sure I understand some of the thinking in this thread. Are people figuring that if Bevins gets convicted of possessing a prohibited device because of 10/22 mags, that somehow that won't be a legitimate precedent for case law, because it's Shawn Bevins and he had DUI's? I want to see the 10/22 charges obliterated in court, of course I do, why wouldn't anyone in the firearms enjoyment community. It's a no-brainer.

Click Click...
    Quote Originally Posted by IJ22 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand some of the thinking in this thread. Are people figuring that if Bevins gets convicted of possessing a prohibited device because of 10/22 mags, that somehow that won't be a legitimate precedent for case law, because it's Shawn Bevins and he had DUI's? I want to see the 10/22 charges obliterated in court, of course I do, why wouldn't anyone in the firearms enjoyment community. It's a no-brainer.
    here's a scenario (mark my words) ;

- Crown uses 10/22 mag charges to get a plea deal for the other charges
    - Crown drops 10/22 mag charges
    - You end up paying for a case that now has nothing to do with 10/22 mags

If you want to help someone fight the magazine issue in court, i'd suggest doing so with someone who isn't actively refusing to disclose the "other charges" he got arrested for.
    Last edited by sewktbk; Today at 01:33 AM.

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sewktbk View Post
    By letting a guy with multiple DUIs get his act together and deal with his own shitshow.
    But if you really can't help yourself and want to give him money for his legal defense, ask him to give you the full story on why and how he was arrested in the first place.

This guy has been sued and has spent more time in court for more reasons than everyone else I know combined.

The guy being a piece of shit in every other aspect of his life doesn't/shouldn't legally effect him on that specific case and in that narrow scope of how that issue effects the gun community it shouldn't effect us in supporting him for that issue only.

That's like all the people who were bad mouthing and/or didn't support the guy who got charged with prohibited device for Beowulf mags because ohhhh the horror he got caught with weed... I don't care if he's an asshole, got caught for gay polygamy swingerism or he's a gay asshole, has nothing to do with the issue.

We and the orgs at a minimum should go balls out on the gun charge, sink or swim on everything else.

Part of the reason why we haven't progressed over the years on the various legal fronts is because the orgs are waiting for the mystical unicorn perfect God loving, nuclear family man poster boy to get charged and his only fault in life will have been that said charge. Not gonna happen. The HA guys regularly have multiple cases involving firearms offences that could be of benefit if a judgement was found in our favor.

It's not that we can't win the fight, but that we keep looking for this perfect vessel to carry us there.
    Last edited by Booletsnotreactwell; Today at 01:37 AM.

Click Click...
    Quote Originally Posted by Booletsnotreactwell View Post
    The guy being a piece of shit in every other aspect of his life doesn't/shouldn't legally effect him on that specific case and in that narrow scope of how that issue effects the gun community it shouldn't effect us in supporting him for that issue only.

That's like all the people who were bad mouthing and/or didn't support the guy who got charged with prohibited device for Beowulf mags because ohhhh the horror he got caught with weed... I don't care if he's an asshole, got caught for gay polygamy swingerism or he's a gay asshole, has nothing to do with the issue.

We and the orgs at a minimum should go balls out on the gun charge, sink or swim on everything else.

Part of the reason why we haven't progressed over the years on the various legal fronts is because the orgs are waiting for the mystical unicorn perfect God loving, nuclear family man poster boy to get charged and his only fault in life will have been that said charge. Not gonna happen. The HA guys regularly have multiple cases involving firearms offences that could be of benefit if a judgement was found in our favor.

It's not that we can't win the fight, but that we keep looking for this perfect vessel to carry us there.
    see post 87. It does have something to do with the issue.
    a guy who refuses to disclose other charges he was arrested for is not your poster boy, and will more than likely get you nowhere good on the mag charges.

But if you want to blindly give this guy money, knock yourself out. I'll sit back and watch.

Oh and by the way

nuclear family man poster boy to get charged and his only fault in life will have been that said charge. Not gonna happen
    it HAS happened in the past and will again. And even if it didn't, there are MANY versions of a less-than-perfect candidate I would support before this guy.
    Last edited by sewktbk; Today at 02:33 AM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789