Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    I’m sorry I don’t understand what you mean by a 10 round magazine.

I’m still rocking 25 round mags for the 10/22 because I challenge the RCMP’s misinterpretation of the law.

This is not about being a troll or anti-structure, because I’m all for following just laws.

However, a ten round 10/22 limit decided by the RCMP is no more legally binding than my Army stating that we’re now at war with X country. The military doesn’t decide who we go to war with, and the RCMP doesn’t decide how to interpret laws.

25 round rimfire mags are still fully legal until a court decides otherwise.
    I didn't mean mandatory in any legal sense. I am not opposed to high capacity magazines.
    If I had any, I would still be using them.
    I simply meant that a spare 10 round magazine in your pocket is IMHO, the only upgrade to this fine .22 rifle that is really needed.
    Since I just plink at the range, it's the only accessory that I bought.
    A sling and a scope are useful, if you actually want them or need them.

Quote Originally Posted by r5s78 View Post
    My husband put a Volquartsen edge extractor in my 10/22. I've gone from having 2-3 stovepipes for every 10 rounds to 1 in more than 100. Best upgrade ever!
    In recent years, I bought two 10-22 rifles. The first was reliable right out of the box. No stoppages. Sold this one, and bought another later on.
    It had feeding issues relating to Federal bulk ammo, I thought.
    I considered replacing the extractor, but decided to simple tune it up following recomendations on You-Tube.
    I polished the bolt edges to reduce friction, rounded the edge of the bolt that cocks the hammer to reduce recoil effort, very slightly chamfered the edge of the chamber, and aligned the barrel carefully with the extractor. None of which helped much.
    Finally, I disassembled the magazines and polished the inner edges of the feed lips, and wound the helical springs exactly to spec.
    Apparently, some come from the factory over-wound.
    I fired off 200 rounds of ammo at one sitting and experienced 2 stoppages in total, using Federal bulk and some Winchester Super X.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Comanchero

r5s78 (04-30-2018)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345