Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Not really necessary but way to much fun.

DSCN0720.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 6 Users Like This Post By FallisCowboy

GTW (12-11-2017), kennymo (12-11-2017), Mark-II (12-17-2017), Relic49 (01-07-2018), ruger#1 (12-12-2017), Swampdonkey (12-15-2017)

Mandatory? None.
    "...Trigger group replacement..." No. Trigger job, yes. All new firearms require a trigger job out of the box. Just remember that unless you put on a match grade barrel and sights, the 10/22 is a hunting rifle. It doesn't need a trigger measured in ounces.
    Knew a guy long ago who put a STEN cocking handle on a .22. Don't remember which, but it might have been a Ruger. Mind you, stuff like that was easier to come by in those days.

get gun, shoot gun, replace/adjust everything annoying

I’ve got it in hand now, and I’m happy that I started with the stock because the OEM Ruger synthetic stock is terrible. I don’t know how they can get away with selling such cheap plastic, but I guess I just accidentally supported it.

I do like that it came with the scope mounting plate included, so nice touch there.

The Magpul X22 Hunter is a good start, and it was an easy one bolt replacement. However, no sling stud? That’s junk.

I didn’t even really have the money to buy this so I can’t afford anything else, but after taking it to the range I’ll see what’s next on the list.
    I have no signature block.

Manitoba, with Liberals to the East, NDP to the west, Book-ended by village idiots
    Spotted the 10/22 Sporter (walnut stock, sling swivels) at Wholesaleís closeout. $311.00. It seemed to follow me home.
    Furniture polished the stock with the wifeís special polish before she caught me. Looks great, feels great, and the added bonus is the fact that my 12 magazines from my K77/22 fit as well. So just need a new sling and maybe scope it, maybe not.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace him (Justin Trudeau) with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

7. The Following User Liked This Post By GTW

Mark-II (12-17-2017)

That was a good deal-
    I just picked up a carbine from Crappy Tire that came in a ATI stock for the same price, I thought that was a decent deal.

As far as essential mods, I would get a picatinny scope rail to replace the standard.
    "If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell

Trudeau Out Now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    As far as essential mods, I would get a picatinny scope rail to replace the standard.
    Never thought about that, but do you really think it’s worth it? How much better can one pre-cut to size metal piece be than another for such a seemingly simple part?

I’m not suggesting that the sum total of many imperfect parts wouldn’t generate an overall bad result, but 22 ammo is generally so junk that I wouldn’t expect the scope mount plate to be a factor that plays beyond those margins.

For some styles of shooting, the standard mount that comes with the rifle does not allow the scope to be put far enough forward. |Also a quality base will offer more rigidity, - if one goes to the trouble of mounting a heavy barrel,match trigger etc etc then this is not a frivolous consideration. |Also a 20\MOA rail will allow holding center on long range targets-(200,300 m) - if your scope has generous range of adjustment.
    a well and carefully assembled 10/22 will shoot MOA with decent ammo.
    "If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell

Trudeau Out Now!!!

It’s looking like I may eventually just have to replace the receiver with a high end one that has a built in rail. I’ll get there in time but I’ll see what Dlask’s next generation offers.

You could basically replace every part except the receiver, some even replace the receiver.

Each upgrade is considered mandatory by someone.

For what it is worth, buy five cases of .22LR instead, and enjoy.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By CLW .45

DBenn (02-16-2018)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123