What are people thinking about the beretta 71

What do you think of the Beretta model 71
    I am toying with the idea of getting one.

There's been a fairly large batch of them to hit the market in the last year. Overall the reviews seem to be pretty good.

As a target gun they're ok, but you could do better for about the same money. The sights are kind of crappy but they work, the grip is a it on the small side.

If you're thinking of having the barrel cut down to 4.25 it can get a bit expensive but it's the closest you'll get to the good old days of short barrel plinkers.

I like mine. Taught my kids to shoot with it. Seriously pissed that my grandkids won’t be able to have this dangerous, prohibited firearm.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

The small grips don't bother me, as I have small hands and my wife's are even smaller.
    I think I'll pick one up next time I see a restricted one for sale.

Check S&J while you have time. I think they might still have one or 2 of the 4.25's in stock and at a very good price.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlgun View Post
    Check S&J while you have time. I think they might still have one or 2 of the 4.25's in stock and at a very good price.
    Sold out online.
    I held one of the 71s and liked it, but didn't buy one.

I often think about buying a bersa 22, it has a more convenient mag release iirc and still a similar small frame.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty ó and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken