Page 72 of 113 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
    Also got a couple of their 1/10gram gold bills for kicks. I was pleasantly surprised to find a small piece of dark chocolate included. First time for that, if I die overnight better investigate that piece of chocolate I ate.

the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

I sold an ounce of silver today for $150. I had gone to town to get parts for my operation and figured I'd see if gold/silver really were money. I tried trading gold/silver for a truck part but the girl at the desk was having none of that. The manager came out and asked e into his office after I paid for my part. He asked why I wanted to trade and I explained I just wanted to see if anybody would. He then asked to look at my trading material and I showed him 1/10th maples and 1 gram bars in the gold department. Then I showed him silver fro 10 ounce to 1 gram. He was quite interested but when I showed him the Marylin Monroe bar in 1 oz silver it was, "How much". Just show's that bullion can hold value somewhat and isn't easy to try and buy stuff with[I tried at 6 different places today with 0 results], but a numismatic piece of metal worth $21 can actually bring in 7 times that.

Preserving your wealth with gold and silver

I paid for my wife's diamond with bullion. I was lucky to have freed up a considerable amount of cash when the Canadian $ was at about a buck 3. Got a deal on the trade fees because where I worked. Picked up gold. Pure 24k 1 ounce bars. When he saw them his eyes dropped. He was more than happy to make a trade. I think his diamond cost was stagnant. Gold can be considerably more volatile. And it was on its way up. We made a trade I thought was equitable. On another note. More people should try to bargain and trade. Saves the taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't buying coins more expensive than blocks? They need to get cost back from the dies, manpower, shipping, art work, etc etc, and then turn a profit. That spidey one is pretty though

You can buy the paper. Saves on the handling fees of making the bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CaperJim View Post
    Isn't buying coins more expensive than blocks? They need to get cost back from the dies, manpower, shipping, art work, etc etc, and then turn a profit. That spidey one is pretty though
    Mint coins are more expensive, but they have pretty pictures. And as pitw showed, pretty pictures can sell.
    And it makes collecting/stacking more interesting.

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

So, curious, why does a Canadian coin have an Australian bug on it ? They should have put one of those big hairy buggers that are native to Canadian basements.

Quote Originally Posted by short1 View Post
    So, curious, why does a Canadian coin have an Australian bug on it ? They should have put one of those big hairy buggers that are native to Canadian basements.
    Might be because it's an Australian coin.
    It's hard to make an old phone get every word into focus.
    Last edited by lone-wolf; 04-10-2015 at 08:29 PM.

I'm considering placing in any marketplace and EE ads that I post something to the effect of "will take payment of equal value in verifiable silver or gold, at current spot price."
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Might be because it's an Australian coin.
    It's hard to make an old phone get every word into focus.
    OK. I thought that was two of the same coins. One front, One back. It says Canada on the right one

Page 72 of 113 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast