Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    JW15A-13 by Norinco; copy of CZ action. $220.00; great rifle, but they need some polishing and the trigger adjusted (and they are adjustable). I have the 24" version, and it shoots like a laser; I heard a lot of good about these short rifles.
    This would be great with a folding stock, and maybe a peep sight.

Wouldn't fly with a folding stock unless it cannot fire when folded.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Wouldn't fly with a folding stock unless it cannot fire when folded.
    Unless it was manufactured that way by Norinco, I suppose.

If a mare's leg is non-restricted, perhaps a folding stock shorty .22 bolt action would be okay.

I have a Marin Papoose (70PSS). Its a takedown .22LR complete with a carrying case. Great to put in a backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by RPM56 View Post
    I have a Marin Papoose (70PSS). Its a takedown .22LR complete with a carrying case. Great to put in a backpack.
    It’s a great rifle, but I found the sights to be off a lot. Replaced with a red dot, works very well, even out to longer than expected distances. This was from the new run of them a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    JW15A-13 by Norinco; copy of CZ action. $220.00; great rifle, but they need some polishing and the trigger adjusted (and they are adjustable). I have the 24" version, and it shoots like a laser; I heard a lot of good about these short rifles.
    Wow. I am really liking this little backpacking rifle. If I do not post here again would probably indicate that I bought one and the ol' lady found out......

Quote Originally Posted by neos View Post
    Wow. I am really liking this little backpacking rifle. If I do not post here again would probably indicate that I bought one and the ol' lady found out......
    These are usually $220.00 new; the action is a copy of CZ, they do take CZ mags. Sights are not great; I have a scope on my 24" version; if I got a small one, I would put a red-dot on it.

Could assemble your own

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234