Do you hunt with your SKS?

Got this pic in from a customer. A great looking build with the Sabertooth MK-I in Woodland Digital Camo. Do you hunt with your SKS?

DA633F25-1DB7-4AE5-856A-FDDD50BFCBFE.jpg

2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Matador Arms

jwirecom109 (02-10-2018), kennymo (02-10-2018), ruger#1 (02-11-2018)

I do on Vancouver Island. It's a great carbine for the thick, steep terrain here. Loves grease, which helps with the abundant moisture.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Swampdonkey

Matador Arms (02-10-2018)

Jokes aside about how much I like to make fun of it for other reasons, I think it’s way too heavy for what it is to go hunting with.

My 30.06 hunting rifle weighs far less, and if I were dead set on a 7.62x39 hunting rifle I’d take a Ruger Mini 30 before an SKS.

I know the “spend more time in the gym” comments are coming, and that’s fine. Carry 100+ pounds with you for months on end, and you start to care about every wasted ounce.
    I have no signature block.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Petamocto

Matador Arms (02-10-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Jokes aside about how much I like to make fun of it for other reasons, I think it’s way too heavy for what it is to go hunting with.

My 30.06 hunting rifle weighs far less, and if I were dead set on a 7.62x39 hunting rifle I’d take a Ruger Mini 30 before an SKS.

I know the “spend more time in the gym” comments are coming, and that’s fine. Carry 100+ pounds with you for months on end, and you start to care about every wasted ounce.
    We won’t be telling you to spend more time in the gym. To each their own, we figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Swampdonkey View Post
    I do on Vancouver Island. It's a great carbine for the thick, steep terrain here. Loves grease, which helps with the abundant moisture.
    “Loves grease” - ain’t that the truth!

We all know you hate the SKS you have a whole thread dedicated to it. if you can carry a 100lbs for months on end then you can carry a SKS. or spend more time at the gym lol

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Sinbad

Lee Enfield (02-11-2018), ruger#1 (02-11-2018)

My SKS was $250, and very easy and forgiving on maintainance. It's guilt-free, easier to risk and replace than any $1500 setup.

As per weight, I find heavy rifles easier to steady. Maybe I have Parkinsons, but I miss my Swedish Mauser. It was too long, though.

12. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Swampdonkey

Lee Enfield (02-11-2018), Matador Arms (02-11-2018), ruger#1 (02-11-2018)