Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by manic29 View Post
    the solution to this is to get rid of the requirement to have a license.
    and yes every adult should be able to buy a gun. If a certain person is to be prohibited from owning/buying guns, they should not be allowed to roam freely in society.
    Only people I don't think that should be able to roam free are pedos, rapist, criminals with violent past and hipsters. If you trust every adult with a gun? you got some issues.

As a gun owner I barely trust most people.. Wily nilly give idiots guns. See how well that goes.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Quote Originally Posted by MetisWolf View Post
    So for example, my husband cannot own or buy a gun, because he is vision impared and such, which means he should not be able to roam free in society? He's an engineer, owns his own business and has a generous heart.

Your logic is flawed, If your are not allowed to own or buy a gun, there is reasons. Doesn't mean those reasons make you a menace to society.
    There are legally blind people who shoot. Handguns, no less.

Engineers are shifty, though.

PAL/RPAL photo exemption

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Actually, you can. A guy in BC fought it for his drivers licence. And he was allowed to get his picture taken for his licence with a strainer on his head.
    Had to fight for it. Says it all though. Im not interested in delaying my renewal because i send in a photo with a strainer. I also dont want to be on the RCMP radar. As im sure they would think i was crazy and would be treated differently under the law. Its special treatment for muslims I tell ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goosesniper View Post
    I also dont want to be on the RCMP radar.
    [humor]

A stainless steel strainer mounted at the apex of a person is likely to give a strong radar reflection,
    literally (commercial radar), and figuratively (photo to RCMP).

5. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

Coke (02-15-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    Engineers are shifty, though.
    Yes
    MetisWolf

Part Wolf, Part Metis - All Gun Owner and Canadian

If people read up more on this, the knives are in a sewn sheath etc, they cannot be removed.
    Once they are removed, they are considered a weapon and then the problem starts.
    Kirpan.jpg

wdr-sukhdev-kooner-kirpan-unsheathed.jpg

If people read up more on this, the knives are in a sewn sheath etc, they cannot be removed.
    Once they are removed, they are considered a weapon and then the problem starts.
    The 'sewn sheath' bit was a compromise for grade school children, to get around the Zero Tolerance no weapons policy that expels children for brining cutlery in their lunch boxes.
    The 'plastic knife' bit was a compromise for aircraft.

Most male Sikh adults carry a real knife. It's sharp and useable. Given what the young Sikh men are taught about it, what its for, and the Sikh societal rules built up around it, I have no problem with that, and no problem with MPs carrying them in the Parliaments of Canada.

I'm comfortable with Sikh kirpans not because of freedom of speech or freedom of religion, but because of what it's actually for, and for the philosophy and societal responsibility of what it represents and demands of the carrier even when it's not enough.

The kirpan has some similarities to, and differences from, a policeman's badge & gun. Some people feel safe under the protection of police knowing they will respond when trouble brews, and some are scared by the policeman's badge or the policeman's gun. Obviously not identical, just a loose parallel.
    Last edited by RangeBob; 02-16-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    The 'sewn sheath' bit was a compromise for grade school children, to get around the Zero Tolerance no weapons policy that expels children for brining cutlery in their lunch boxes.
    The 'plastic knife' bit was a compromise for aircraft.

Most male Sikh adults carry a real knife. It's sharp and useable. Given what the young Sikh men are taught about it, what its for, and the Sikh societal rules built up around it, I have no problem with that, and no problem with MPs carrying them in the Parliaments of Canada.

I'm comfortable with Sikh kirpans not because of freedom of speech or freedom of religion, but because of what it's actually for, and for the philosophy and societal responsibility of what it represents and demands of the carrier even when it's not enough.

The kirpan has some similarities to, and differences from, a policeman's badge & gun. Some people feel safe under the protection of police knowing they will respond when trouble brews, and some are scared by the policeman's badge or the policeman's gun. Obviously not identical, just a loose parallel.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...cerns-1.897362

Kirpan attack in Brampton renews concerns

An attack in Brampton, Ont., last Friday involving a kirpan has renewed discussion within the Sikh community over the right to wear the ceremonial dagger

The incident happened on April 2 outside of the Sikh Lehar Centre on Bramsteele Road, near Highway 410 and Steeles Avenue West, west of Toronto.

Manjit Mangat, 53, a prominent lawyer and president of the temple, was stabbed in the abdomen with a kirpan, resulting in a 12-centimetre wound.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/...for-six-years/

Sikh who stabbed woman with ceremonial dagger in neighbour dispute is jailed for six years

Published: Jul 1, 2016

A Sikh who twice stabbed a woman with a ceremonial dagger when a neighbours' dispute exploded into violence was starting a six-year jail sentence today.

Kalli-Rae Lavin almost lost a leg after being knifed twice while kicking out in a bid to stop Dilraj Sihota from attacking her, a judge heard.

http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/news...ears-1-3398422

Elderly Sikh stabbed drinker with ceremonial kirpan dagger, court hears

A 60-year-old Sikh man stabbed a drinker in the street with his ceremonial sword, a court has heard.

Bagicha Singh, of Richmond Road, Ilford, is accused of attacking Pritpal Singh, 30, repeatedly with his kirpan during an altercation near Sunnyside Road, Ilford.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345