Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm not sure why this is a big deal. I have several government issued cards that identify me by image...the fed's have it for my passport, the province has it for my drivers license. I'd prefer to have my picture on my RPAL as it makes the entire process of purchasing gun stuff a smidge easier. Whether or not someone else does not for religious (or whatever the reason may be) reasons is no skin off my ass.

This effects me 0.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Soph

DBenn (02-12-2018)

I'm with soph on this. Really who cares? I have a photo on all my gov't documents. If there were no photos who knows what the implications and hold up's would be for driving, travelling, buying firearm etc, with out a photo. If you do not need a photo(for what ever reason) cool, if a photo is required that is cool too, I have nothing to hide, ohh I have no fears of a camera but the camera fears me.

Quote Originally Posted by Soph View Post
    This effects me 0.
    It does effect those of us that work in the industry a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    It does effect those of us that work in the industry a little bit
    How many veiled women you think are going to buy guns ? They're veiled so probably won't talk to any man, other than their husband. Their husbands probably wouldn't let them buy guns anyways. So I'm with Soph. Does not effect me at all.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    How many veiled women you think are going to buy guns ? They're veiled so probably won't talk to any man, other than their husband. Their husbands probably wouldn't let them buy guns anyways. So I'm with Soph. Does not effect me at all.
    It doesn’t necessarily affect you directly, but indirectly we are all affected in that its special treatment for believing in a different god than you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goosesniper View Post
    It doesn’t necessarily affect you directly, but indirectly we are all affected in that its special treatment for believing in a different god than you.

And how many non photo PAL are issued? probably not many.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    It doesn't just effect people who are veiled. Any claim of a photo which is against your religion will be upheld. Legally I'm not allowed to accept a PAL that has a badly worn photograph.

My boss and I talked about this extensively. If someone came in with a PAL without a photo we will refuse to except it for purchasing ammo or firearms. How do we know that PAL belongs to the person if it doesn't have a photo?
    The old FAC didn't have a picture and that seemed to work just fine.

Everyone carries multiple pieces of ID and/or credit cards. Shouldn't be too difficult to have a reasonable indication if the person is who they say they are.

Not at all defending the burka or muslims but lets not forget the FAC worked for decades without a picture.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Suputin

M1917 Enfield (02-13-2018)

It doesn't just effect people who are veiled. Any claim of a photo which is against your religion will be upheld. Legally I'm not allowed to accept a PAL that has a badly worn photograph.
    I understand, but that is a PAL/RPAL that has been issued with a photo, not one that has been issued without a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by goosesniper View Post

I that case everyone is special, I do not believe in god, he and I had a falling out a few years back...Should I be the only one with a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Dano68 View Post
    I understand, but that is a PAL/RPAL that has been issued with a photo, not one that has been issued without a photo.

I that case everyone is special, I do not believe in god, he and I had a falling out a few years back...Should I be the only one with a picture?
    The point being is if I believe in the flying spaghetti monster would i be permitted to take a photo with my strainer on my head. The answer is no. So these woman are getting special treatment.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By goosesniper

50 B.M.G. (02-14-2018)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast