The Survivalist- British movie on Netflix

No spoilers if only because I only watched most of it last night and still have about 30 minutes to go. Filmed in 2015 the woods of Northern Ireland, the premise is that there has been some sort of total social collapse (apparently of sci-fi like origins) and a guy has been hiding out in an isolated cabin for 7 years. He has a tiny vegetable garden that supplies him with food and totes around a double barrel 12 gauge for which he has only 2 shells. An older woman and a gorgeous young woman find him and persuade him to feed them a meal as a trade for sex with the young woman. The plot proceeds from there. I don't know how many survival tips can be gleaned from this movie but it's interesting to spot flaws in the setup: two big things that struck me were the too-small size of the garden (but he says "It's small for a reason."), and the danger of operating a wood stove all night in his scenario- people would be alerted by the smell of smoke, surely. And he does get visited several times, maybe that's why.

Anyway, worth viewing for the 22 year old starlet alone (Mia Goth, quite a good actress), and like all such movies I found it provides food for thought. The following trailer doesn't quite do it justice somehow. The film has its moments.

"All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing." --John O'Sullivan (1989)

CSSA, NRA, and OFAH (yeah, I know)

I watched this the other night, very provocative and it does make you think. There was a couple of scenes that were quite disturbing....worth watching...Steve O

Yeah, definitely a couple wtf moments. A strange movie I wouldn't watch again.
    CSSA / CCFR / CPC

I found it useful to watch, I just hope I never have to live it.

You know it's British because one of the ultimate goals is to end up in a collectivist FEMA-style camp, whereas over here the goal is to stay the hell out of one. But of course the Brits are all disarmed.
    "All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing." --John O'Sullivan (1989)

CSSA, NRA, and OFAH (yeah, I know)

I started it and lost interest... I'll try again.

es I agree ....Wouldn't watch it again either....Steve O

Can't say I'm intrigued from the trailer or your reviews...

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    lol like the scene where the guy jizzes in his plants to give em some protein, fk sakes wtf...

Sounds bizarre. Lord willing I'll never be down to my last two shells!

Iíll probably watch it when I get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk