Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 25 45 sharps

Quote Originally Posted by hallsy88 View Post
    I was more curious if they sold barrels by themselves for something like a macabee slr build that would be non restricted. As for 6.5 Grendel it requires propitiatory magazines to feed reliably from what i understand and also it uses a different bolt. Feel free to correct me if im wrong on that. There is apparently a wildcat called the 6.5 pcc or somthing like that which uses necked up 223 brass
    Grendel uses an x39 bolt. It's based off the .220 Russian which was developed from 7.62x39. 6.5PPC shares the same case head diameter too. It'll fit into a regular STANAG mag, but you'll lose a couple of rounds capacity. Might be better to use mags with an x39 follower to get the proper capacity.

You're thinking of 6.5TCU. It was developed for single shot pistols, like the TC Contender, or Remington XP100. Loads might be a bit on the tame side for a rifle.
    Yes, you can fix stupid, but the stupid folks have passed laws against it. - FallisCowboy

6.5 TCU should be able to be loaded hotter then for rifle i would guess. Here is the link i was looking at for the 6.5 PCC (not PPC my bad)

https://rifleshooter.com/2014/11/6-5...-the-ar15m-16/

interesting concept.
    Yes, you can fix stupid, but the stupid folks have passed laws against it. - FallisCowboy

I'm waiting for Cam Pro (or someone) to come out with a cheap 6.5mm bullet for the 200 yard range warriors, so that I can shoot my Swede for cheap

at 200 yards
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Mark-II

Grizz Axxemann (02-15-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Sharps makes a 20" barrel. Problem is the AR-15 is restricted by name in Canada and the U.S. government restricts exports for all AR parts.
    And it's proprietary ammo and brass only. Doesn't appear there are any whole rifles either. Sharps does uppers though. No mention of exporting on their site.
    The ballistic coefficient is about how a bullet moves through the air. That doesn't make much difference in the real world.
    All you have to do is just use Aztec Armory who is a site sponsor they will import the barrels for you and brass and bullets if you want, I've had them import several AR barrels for me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12