What it takes to get into bow fishing

I have a nice compound bow and am a decent enough shot to hit gophers. I've always thought bow fishing would be cool just wondering if I can throw on a reel and get a fishing licence or is it more regulated or even allowed in Canada.

check the sask fishing regs ,its good to go in man just cant use a crossbow.

Much easier after the hard-water season ends too..
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

All this kind of info comes from your MNR or whatever it's called in Saskatchewan. The most important part is this, "...bow fishing is permitted for carp and suckers only."
    You need good sunglasses too. Sunlight refracts in water and the fish looks like it's in a slightly different place through water.
    Go here.
    http://publications.gov.sk.ca/docume...rs%20Guide.pdf

I know someone who does it in Ontario. I imagine you can buy everything as a kit for the bow. It's a fishing reel and different arrowheads. He has a platform on the front of his boat that allows him to look/shoot down at a steeper angle to help with refraction. He gets tons of carp/gar/whatever other crap fish you're allowed to get. Most of it ends up buried in gardens or given to Chinese friends.

Could you get in trouble for "bow fishing" muskrats? As they may think you're poaching fish

not sure about Sask but i believe muskrat is considered fur bearing in Manitoba and requires a trapping license