Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MetisWolf View Post
    Notice how all these "Flu's" seem to stem from the Asian Countries?
    Considering they seem to have the highest germ phobia's, it seems really strange, is it because there is more of these things being created there?
    these flu's come from Asian countries because these countries have a high density of people and chickens,, yes chickens,, that's where most of our flu strains come from. Chickens pass flu to people, People pass flu to chickens,, that's why I invite NO ONE to my poultry operation, people are dirty buggers

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Billythreefeathers

FALover (03-16-2018)

Canadian ForcesMember
    Quote Originally Posted by MetisWolf View Post
    Notice how all these "Flu's" seem to stem from the Asian Countries?
    Considering they seem to have the highest germ phobia's, it seems really strange, is it because there is more of these things being created there?
    If you get a chance, read a book called "China Syndrome" by Karl Greenfield. It's an account of the SARS pandemic by the chief editor of Times Asia Magazine. For anyone interested in the subject of epidemiology (where/why diseases are and go places) or who has an interest in veterinary medicine, pandemics, flu-related illnesses, it's a book worth your time. Quite insightful about how we humans respond to such disasters.

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billythreefeathers View Post
    these flu's come from Asian countries because these countries have a high density of people and chickens,, yes chickens,, that's where most of our flu strains come from. Chickens pass flu to people, People pass flu to chickens,, that's why I invite NO ONE to my poultry operation, people are dirty buggers
    That's why the disposable coveralls and footwear disinfectants/booties. A simple forgotten cleaning can wipe out an entire barns population is no time flat. Poultry people know the drill.
    cookin' up a batch of fun (and pasta)

Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FALover View Post
    That's why the disposable coveralls and footwear disinfectants/booties. A simple forgotten cleaning can wipe out an entire barns population is no time flat. Poultry people know the drill.
    But the SPCA/HumaneSociety don't. The SPCA/HumaneSociety staff can't be stopped from entering barns, and they're famous for driving farm to farm without washing anything. Often, a few days after their inspection, farmers report sick livestock and call the vet who now has a county wide epidemic on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    But the SPCA/HumaneSociety don't. The SPCA/HumaneSociety staff can't be stopped from entering barns, and they're famous for driving farm to farm without washing anything. Often, a few days after their inspection, farmers report sick livestock and call the vet who now has a county wide epidemic on their hands.
    That is quite a surprise. I know that health inspectors for kitchens cannot get away with that; I have tossed a couple out until they were "properly attired" and then reported them to upper management.
    Yes, you can fix stupid, but the stupid folks have passed laws against it. Old, Caucasian, and male; so I am automatically a "racist". I can live with that, if you can't that's not my problem, cupcake.

Local poultry farmers have gates or chains with "biosecurity area, call this number for access" signs. Then they get to come out with a little pump sprayer and "accidentally" wreck the pants of the unfortunate functionary while disinfecting before permitting access.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By shootemup604

FallisCowboy (03-16-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Talk to visitors from Europe who are contemptuous of being asked if they've recently walked on farm land there and have told me they just lie and say no. Foot and mouth, brucellosis, they don't know or care.
    "All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing." --John O'Sullivan (1989)

CSSA, NRA, and OFAH (yeah, I know)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12