Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtlehead View Post
    i'd come across something like that reading online.its an inability to digest meat protein.dont know if your friend has it but i'd completely forgotten that some people are affected by weird sht like that
    The last mountain man, Sylvan Hart, also could not eat meat. But he did hunt and trap, too, iirc.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Thomas Jefferson

3. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

Turtlehead (03-18-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by murph83 View Post
    I think the whole "fudd" idea is misguided...it is nothing more then a generational difference...those "fudds" didnt have the black rifles "back in their day" its a weird concept to them...add in the different times they came from ( post ww2 etc) and it should be pretty easy to understand, Maybe I am crazy, but I just shrug my shoulders and dont worry about it when these conversations take place with a "fudd"
    Generational?

No.

Iíve met plenty of Fudds generations younger than I.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

I don’t know if you can say this, but I do.

“I don’t care what kind of firearms you have, because they are just firearms. I don’t care what kind of weapons you have because all are entirely appropriate for you to have, including firearms. I don’t care what you do with them.

However, do something wrong, and you may expect to be slammed so hard you may never get over it.

I would appreciate the same consideration from you.”
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By CLW .45

manic29 (03-21-2018)

just a bit of trivia ...

Fudds are not libertarians.

A libertarian is a person who believes that no one has the right, under any circumstances, to initiate force against another human being for any reason whatever; nor will a libertarian advocate the initiation of force, or delegate it to anyone else.
    Those who act consistently with this principle are libertarians, whether they realize it or not. Those who fail to act consistently with it are not libertarians, regardless of what they may claim.
    ó L. Neil Smith
    (In contrast to pacifism, the non-aggression principle does not preclude violent self-defense)

A fudd asserts and requests that it is proper for the government to take someone else's property by force and destroy it. This is unlike taxation which is used to build and maintain. This taking of property which doesn't belong to them, is solely for destruction of that property.

As to why, whether they wish to be eaten last and expect to be left alone if only those politically incorrect lethal black rifles and pistols weren't there so that their less injurious 30-06's can be kept, or whether they honestly fear the black rifles in a Hoplophobia sense, it remains a deviation from libertarianism.

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

CLW .45 (03-19-2018), FallisCowboy (03-19-2018)

CCFR CSSA BCWF

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456