Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Billythreefeathers View Post
    make no mistake any additional gun laws on the law abiding will solidify gun owners like never before,, release the angry hornets
    Very doubtful. Most gun owners deserve what has happened to us. We are lazy and worthless. I bet most members here on a progun site have never donated money, sent a letter or are even a member of a firearms organization. And that's this damn website of mostly pro gun people. The average gun owning Canadian is an idiot that will continuesly roll over and take it.

Our only hope is most Canadians grow tired of Trudeau and vote conservative because they have no other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Really, who doesn't have half a dozen of them... And some parts floating around the bench.
    I don't because I think they are unmitigated CRRRAAAAP! and I refuse to own garbage firearms. However, I will defend to the death your right to own as much crap as you choose. .

......... now where did I put that flameproof suit?

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Very doubtful. Most gun owners deserve what has happened to us. We are lazy and worthless. I bet most members here on a progun site have never donated money, sent a letter or are even a member of a firearms organization. And that's this damn website of mostly pro gun people. The average gun owning Canadian is an idiot that will continuesly roll over and take it.

Our only hope is most Canadians grow tired of Trudeau and vote conservative because they have no other options.
    Stephen,, did you not hear of the angry hornets unleashed on all MPs over the CZ a couple of years ago,, every MP, CON, LIB, NDP, IND got thousands of letters and emails,, it was the talk of the hill for weeks,, as in 'who the F'c did this"? we are more vigulaet today then ever before, and we have the internet to thank for that,, we can comunicate faster then the antis and we have superior numbers

Well Stephen, you know how to make friends.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Billythreefeathers View Post
    Stephen,, did you not hear of the angry hornets unleashed on all MPs over the CZ a couple of years ago,, every MP, CON, LIB, NDP, IND got thousands of letters and emails,,
    The Minister Of Public Safety's phones didn't stop ringing all day, the day the RCMP banned the CZ858s.
    The phone system hardware was overloaded, as well as the voice mail.
    It was chaos.

It completely shut down the Minister of Public Safety's office to all other issues. They spent the entire day doing nothing but that.

The minister was not happy with the RCMP's firearms lab that day.

And then the firearms lab did it again. The minister was not happy with the RCMP's firearms lab that day either.

Months later, when the Minister introduced first reading of legislation, they redirected their phone numbers to an answering service for the day -- to handle the expected load of questions and support.

And then the CFOs did things contrary to the legislation's intent. The minister was not happy with the CFOs that day.

I have to agree, though I would not use the term "idiots". I would use the term "lazy", and "shortsighted".

In the past 8 years, I have joined the CPC solely for reason of promoting gun rights in the only party that supports us. I have spent (wasted?) many hours in pointless board meetings and useless funraisers, donated thousands of dollars to political and non-political causes expressly for the support of gun owners in the context of individual freedom and self determination.

Meanwhile I listen to people bash the CPC because it's not good enough. Well, now look what we are facing. Pretty different than when the CPC was in power right?

At one point I paid for 5 memberships to the NFA for people I didn't know, first come first served, just to get more people to join - that was sure a waste, wasn't it? But at least I tried.

I've written dozens of letters, and mailed them hundreds of times.

I've taken a dozen non-gun owners to the range, and talked 3 into getting PAL/RPALs

I organized tables on two occasions by the local CPC EDA at the Pickering gun show.

I've written hundreds, no thousands, of comments at the Globe, CBC, National Post, Sun, and many others (most of which no longer have comments) to argue for gun rights.

I've been loud and proud about my gun ownership with friends, family and at work, none of this wimpy hiding of the hobby - and if you knew where I worked, it's as liberal/progressive as it comes. But I want to normalize gun ownership, not make it seem like a crime.

I tried to organize TMH2.0, where we found 4 ridings where the CPC had a close race, to win or lose, and we hoped to influence it. I set up a web site for donations and for volunteers to help in 2015. The donations were paltry, and in no riding did more than 1 or 2 gun owners actually show up to help. It was embarrassing.

I traveled to the Vancouver CPC convention solely for the purpose of getting the new firearms policy accepted, where I met with the "gun lobby" who consisted of about 20 other guys like me. Except for them, I've run into maybe a half dozen other gun owners who made the same effort, or even a fraction of it. There are some very fine people on this web site who I have been honoured to communicate with, a few even to meet in person. But they are so few.

Spending a lifetime complaining on GOC or the other site is not productive. We have to show up to public meetings, act civil, impress the population with ourmaturity and calmness, and support media outlets that support us. We have to give the gun organizations more to work with, and not quibble about microissues while government takes everything away.

Gun owners have to enter the political process, stop being cheap about a 50$ donation while spending 100 times that every year on ammo and gun paraphernalia.What good is all that money spent going to do you when half the guns you own can't be used any more? Or when all those mags you bought are prohibited?

It's frustrating...
    Last edited by TJSpeller; 03-13-2018 at 08:16 PM.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

7. The Following 8 Users Like This Post By TJSpeller

Coke (03-14-2018), Doug_M (03-14-2018), FallisCowboy (03-14-2018), firemachine69 (03-14-2018), Magi (03-14-2018), Rebel_Gunner (03-14-2018), Stephen (03-13-2018), Swampdonkey (03-13-2018)

To the above I would add, why should Canadians send money to the NRA? We need that funding at Canadian Orgs right now. The U.S. has no problem getting funds enough for their issues.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By labradort

Grizz (03-13-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloomike View Post
    Well Stephen, you know how to make friends.

I ain't here to make friends, man. I just try state the facts and have an open mind. A poster mentioned thousands of people responded in an outcry but there are MILLIONS of us.

***maybe I am wrong about millions I've been at the vodka hard tonight. 21 million long guns, right? How many licensed owners?
    Last edited by Stephen; 03-13-2018 at 09:15 PM.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Stephen

Swampdonkey (03-13-2018)

Shooters being independent individuals, we'll likely have a string of lone-wolf protests/reprisals. Gerald Stanley seems to have started a new mentality, even though Dennis Galloway did the same thing and not much came of it. Not every hunt nets a kill, but it's still worthwhile to hunt. Not every landmine detonates, but minefields are well worth laying.
    Last edited by Swampdonkey; 03-13-2018 at 11:43 PM.

I ain't here to make friends, man. I just try state the facts and have an open mind. A poster mentioned thousands of people responded in an outcry but there are MILLIONS of us.

***maybe I am wrong about millions I've been at the vodka hard tonight. 21 million long guns, right? How many licensed owners?
    Source: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/2016-co...irearms-report RCMP, 2016

Total 2,066,961 PAL as of 2016 works out to about 5.88% of the total population. Voting population ratio is 8 percent of eligible voters, going by 2015 fall election. It is a big percentage to piss off, regardless whether they belong to anything or donate to anything.

Recent history shows the Liberals tend to lose after enacting or proposing stuff attacking the rights of firearms owners. Given the Hill Times article, the proposal must include something broad impacting everyone or the rookie MPs wouldn't be freaking.

If the Liberals look at the situation based on the number of seats they have now, they are living on a balloon. Everyone said in 2015 the result was unexpected and it was an anti-Harper vote, not a strong show of support for Trudeau. I could expect the arrogance of Butts and Trudeau will be their down fall.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast