Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do We Have the Solidarity to March?

I realize we are all waiting for the other shoe to drop and see how ugly it is and if its as bad as one is led to believe,how many of us could actually turn up on the Hill?

I think most of us are above average on income, have lots of air miles and been hacking away at our jobs long enough to pull a furlough? Id take the wife and me and make a few days of it but damn Id be there!

This smear campaign against the very people that uphold the law, are taxed to the hilt while carrying this country has to be checked. I have a couple kids in university and the some of the social engineering ploys being brought to bear on them are incredible.

This is one heck of a lot more than our firearms but Ill settle for starting there with some real traction. When the clowns roll out the newest sheeple reforms, I hope to see the ORGs roll out a demonstration date. Hell of high water we will be there from the BC interior.

I just got a few of my work mates up to speed, their jaws where hanging and theyre younger but just not tuned in....

CVO

You're not going to get many people to Ottawa in my opinion. It's a big country and travel isn't cheap. However we can leverage the Internet to organize and coordinate efforts in other ways.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Call Ralph Goodale every week to Stop Bill C-71 >>> 1-306-585-2202
    Fight Bill C-71 by visiting http://oneclearvoice.ca now with new printable/editable versions

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Doug_M

FallisCowboy (03-14-2018)

A dollar doesn't get you as far as it used too. Cost prohibitive for many.

I hear you, but with 2.1 million of us you’d think 5K of us gathered up would be within reasonable hope.....
    Especially with what is at stake! I’d just like to see all the differences set aside and the entire group get busy with the task at hand.

CVO

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By 2012Cvoguy

FallisCowboy (03-14-2018), Waterloomike (03-13-2018)

Well you'd hope, but with 2.1 million we only have 32,000 in the CSSA!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Call Ralph Goodale every week to Stop Bill C-71 >>> 1-306-585-2202
    Fight Bill C-71 by visiting http://oneclearvoice.ca now with new printable/editable versions

2012Cvoguy:

Just for interest, what do you know of Fed Up II ?

Not a thing, I gave it a quick google before getting on the bird at the aerodrome to get me out of the salt mine and now even though home I’m none the wiser.....

Google brought up all kinds of “interesting” stuff with that search.

CVO

FED UP II Rally, Parliament Hill, Ottawa, 1998 September 22

At the time, and might still be, the largest protest on Parliament Hill ever.
    About 30,000 people.
    The press rented helicopters, or flew their Toronto traffic helicopters, there to film the event from the sky to get a feel for how big it was.

A bunch of speeches, by several who remained famous in the gun community for decades.

The Federation chose to reject support of C-68, primarily the registration and licencing sections as they posed a substantial waste of scarce resources both in manpower and finances, with no measurable effect on the criminal element.
    Saskatchewan police officers do not feel threatened or intimidated by responsible law abiding citizens owning any type of firearm be it rifle, shotgun, handgun, or military rifle; engaging in any activity that does not threaten or affect the peace, good order and safety of our society.'
    Murray Grismer; Saskatoon Police Force, Saskatchewan; Saskatchewan Federation of Police Officers, at Fed Up II
    In an abundance of caution, the RCMP were on rooftops, with binoculars and rifles. Ten RCMP were issued Heckler and Koch, Model MP5A3 submachine guns, each with two 15 round and one 30 round magazines. (from a FOI request by MP Gary Berkowitz)

No big surprise, it followed the Fed Up rally, also held on Parliament Hill, years earlier. Same topic.

Liberal MP Anne McLellan was appointed as the Minister of Justice in 1997. Her response on Sept 22 1998 to the Fed Up II protesters was "The debate is settled. The debate is over." She said it in the house of commons, and repeated it for the press on the steps.
    https://openparliament.ca/debates/19...ne-mclellan-1/

Well seriously - they had 15 years to 'fix' it. They didn't want to talk to us - "The debate is over" is what Anne Maclellan had to say.
    Now at the 11th hour the Liberals suddenly want to be 'reasonable'?
    I'm sorry - but if you cheat on your wife and treat her like dirt for 15 years, then act all surprised and promise to 'change' after she's finally fed up and walking out the door, you really can't be shocked if she doesn't believe you.
    And in essence that's what the libs did to us. Lies, confiscations, criminalization, and a complete refusal to listen for 15 years. So now they're all upset we don't want to hear what they've got to say?
    They've got to be kidding.
    -- Foxer

"The debate is settled, the debate is over", gun control is one of the greatest frauds ever perpetrated on society....
    -- Airwolf;9115973

It was never a debate. It was an assault. It still isn't a debate.
    -- Deckard;14437416

11. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

chuckbuster (03-14-2018), FallisCowboy (03-14-2018), GotSauer (03-14-2018), Gunexpert007 (03-14-2018), Waterloomike (03-14-2018)

Rally's in Ottawa have been done. Pretty much with no effect. That's expected when government doesn't care what voters think.
    There were an estimated 5-7 million firearms owners in 2002. Likely not including LUFA adherents.
    "...the ORGs..." Most of whom cannot organize themselves. Too busy arguing about who is boss.
    "...from the BC interior..." Vancouver to Ottawa return air fare will cost you $500 alone.

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    we did a better job filling in boxes and mail boxes a couple of years ago with the CZ debacal,, had ever single MP wondering who kicked the hornets nest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast