Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
    I also signed the petition a long time ago knowing it's effects would be negligible if at all. But I did so because it was one more way to show my dissatisfaction with the anti gun rhetoric.

There's never a good time to present a pro-gun side of things. I mean there's always some kind of event that's happened. Whether it was here, the USA or somewhere else in the world. If it fits the anti-gun narrative then it'll be used as a reason to stop anything that would be remotely pro gun. (Like "Oh, we can't talk about this today... we have to grieve" or "Things are already too lax, look at <tragedy>") So I say it's time to stop caring about that.

Just be calm, use logic (no attacks whatsoever... so no use of "libtard" or anything like that as it does very much turn people away) and present the argument anyway.
    I think it was Rod Giltaca that said it, but it's not the anti-gun person you're trying to convince... it's the dozen or so moderates around them that are seeing both how the anti-gun person behaves and how the facts actually stack up. You might "lose" the argument with the anti-gun person (you could never win anyway, they had their mind made up before they even started) but in doing so those who saw what happened will be more inclined to side with you/the truth.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Jay.ec

FallisCowboy (07-28-2018), LB303 (07-28-2018)

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Those that aren't registered, can be kept until the Amnesty runs out February 28, 2021; but can't load it or take it to the range, and so in Feb 2021 will have to surrender it to the crown for destruction. (here)

Quote Originally Posted by Booletsnotreactwell View Post
    R. v. Kift 2014, 2003 Ontario http://canlii.ca/t/gfd1l

That decision is an interesting read for many reasons, but this made my ears prick up
    [20] ... Mr. Fransky says he sold or traded the firearm to Mr. Kift after August 28, 2012. Mr. Fransky said in his statement to police that he sold five guns to Mr. Kift and that Mr. Kift told him he “was free of all charges” and could legally purchase and possess guns. Mr. Fransky said he believed Mr. Kift because Mr. Kift was an ex–RCMP officer. ...
    I wonder if Fransky was charged with anything? And made a deal to testify?
    At any rate, I am less trusting than Fransky. Unless you are the Queen, I need to see your PAL.

They let him keep his pal!!!!

While they (LPC) publicly choose to ignore it, don't for an instant think that there wasn't an impact by the speed and number of signatures it collected. The campaign people will use a formula to estimate it's impact on the only real "petition" that counts, 19 Oct, 2019.
    Yes, you can fix stupid, but the stupid folks have passed laws against it. Old, Caucasian, and male; so I am automatically a "racist". I can live with that, if you can't that's not my problem, cupcake.

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FallisCowboy View Post
    While they (LPC) publicly choose to ignore it, don't for an instant think that there wasn't an impact by the speed and number of signatures it collected. The campaign people will use a formula to estimate it's impact on the only real "petition" that counts, 19 Oct, 2019.
    you know it,,

Did I tell you I signed up for a seniors art class,, that's right justin I'm learning the 'lost wax' casting technique, and guess what I'm casting??? that's right buddy the lower from an AR-15,, next week it's wood working,, the harder you squezze the more us you make

It did get an honourable mention in the SECU.

Mr. Rod Giltaca: If we could find something that enhanced public safety and wasn't just purely punitive or purely political, then we'd be glad to talk about it. Your assumption is that a great number of Canadians want more restrictive control, and I'm just not sure. Right now there is a petition to scrap the entire bill as punitive, and it's the second most signed petition in Canadian history. It's E-1608, and it has 75,000 signatures. If you had something else to show that there are really that many people who want restrictive gun control, we'd love to see it and have that debate.
    -- SECU-115 May 24, 2018

No member of parliament mentioned it at SECU.

10. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

awndray (08-27-2018), Doug_M (07-29-2018), FallisCowboy (07-29-2018), manic29 (08-28-2018)

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728