Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    100 briefs now.
    https://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees...ityId=10058758

latest 3
    - Midaynta Community Services, in support of Bill C-71
    - Tim Quigley, supporter of Coalition For Gun Control, "No right to bear arms", in support of Bill C-71
    - Peter Minuk, in opposition to Bill C-71

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    - Tim Quigley
    The same Tim Quigley who pushed for different sentencing for natives? I wonder how much money he gets from the Liberals to support things they want to push through and need a "law expert" to stand up for. You start seeing the same names attached to a whole pile of things and wonder.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Grimlock

Doug_M (06-14-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    The same Tim Quigley who pushed for different sentencing for natives? I wonder how much money he gets from the Liberals to support things they want to push through and need a "law expert" to stand up for. You start seeing the same names attached to a whole pile of things and wonder.
    An enemy of liberty and non natives. I don't care for that sob.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Thomas Jefferson

He also lists the parts of the bill that were added word for word. Remember that this brief was published on the same day that the bill was reintroduced to parliament in its revised form. The fix is in.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Grimlock

killer kane (06-15-2018)

He also lists the parts of the bill that were added word for word. Remember that this brief was published on the same day that the bill was reintroduced to parliament in its revised form. The fix is in.

The current bill, Second Reading, as amended by the Committee
    http://www.parl.ca/Content/Bills/421...1_2/C-71_2.PDF

Tim Quigley's brief
    https://www.ourcommons.ca/Content/Co...igleyTim-e.pdf

It's not quite as you describe.
    There's at least one section he asks for, that's not there in any respect.
    A couple others are sort of there, several phrases (10 words or so) identical between the two.
    But I think the biggest coorelation to what you wrote is that several concepts that he's added are now appearing in the new bill (but with different sub-paragraph numbering and wording changes).
    I recall that Pam Damoff's motion presented what she said was a clear and fully drafted amendment but it was immediately apparent that wasn't going to fly for a variety of reasons. So that might explain the 'different sub-paragraph numbering and wording changes'.
    However, Pam Damoff explains the sources of the text of the amendment here in SECU meeting 118
    https://www.ourcommons.ca/DocumentVi...g-118/evidence
    beginning with her speech
    "It's not often that, as members of Parliament, we have the opportunity to make an amendment"
    and they're not all from the Coalition for Gun Control, although she says that several are from the Coalition for Gun Control.

101 briefs now.
    https://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees...ityId=10058758

latest 1
    - Assembly of First Nations, lists several problems with Bill C-71

Many of the anti briefs are extremely similar, with a few token paragraphs on each end. I suspect that they may have had the same author. They at least were written by referring to the same bullet list of points. I wonder if the origin is the Coalition for Gun Control or the government lobbying themselves.

They at least were written by referring to the same bullet list of points.
    Wendy runs a top down organization, that tells everyone what to write.
    The question is, is it a bit like Harper's Prime Minister's Office, where not only are they told what to write, but it goes back to her for approval before it's sent.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516