Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.

Just Picked This Up!

Picked up this little gem today. (and the C1A1 bayo). The only problem is that the caliber is not known 100%. Any idea from you fine folks on whether it is 7.62X39 or 7.62X45?IMG_1170.jpgIMG_1172.jpgIMG_1173.jpg
    cookin' up a batch of fun (and pasta)

Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

2. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By FALover

6MT (05-16-2018), Ballsofice (05-17-2018), Doug_M (05-17-2018), Waterloomike (05-16-2018)

Nice, hope it's x39, not sure where you get x45
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Nice, hope it's x39, not sure where you get x45
    The 45 comes up at auctions now and then. I have a case of the 39 here so I am hoping it goes that way.

Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

That looks like an AIA. I know I'm wrong, but that parkerize job is nice. And it looks to be in decent shape.

From what I understand......

IMG_2255.jpg

But there are apparently some 52's bubba converted to x39 with the original x45 magazines. Generally unreliable feeding, and it seems more prevelant in the USA than here.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    From what I understand......

IMG_2255.jpg

But there are apparently some 52's bubba converted to x39 with the original x45 magazines. Generally unreliable feeding, and it seems more prevelant in the USA than here.
    Yea, I'd say it's 45 judging by the mag. I traded mine with 120 rounds form some 50bmg ammo. The bore was badly pitted. Your gun looks pretty good. I brought mine to a smith to install the sleeve so it could shoot 39. It flew out after 7 or 8 rounds. You should be able to find 45 at gun shows. There was one guy that usually had a few boxes and I always bought what ever he had.
    THE WIND BLEW, SH!T FLEW, OUT CAME THE LINE CREW

Could always cast the chamber ...... nice find

If it is the original 7.62x45 and that '57' is the build date it might be nearly new. 1957 was the year the Russians put their foot down and demanded the Czechs stop using a superior cartridge so they switched up production to the bland sameness of the x39 round. Then with the switch to the Vz 58 the following year the conversion program was largely abandoned and the Vz 52's in 7.62x45 were shipped off to various loosely Communist backed governments around the world. Vz 52/57 production in 7.62x39 carried on for a few more years, I'm not quite certain when they finally shut it down.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Thanks for the help folks. From that photo, it looks like it is indeed a X45. Looks like I have a good reason to scope out some of the local gun shows again!

Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

p.s. It looks like it is a mixmaster gun. No two serial numbers are the same anywhere on the rifle. I will have it lubed up and back together in the morning.

Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast