Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmytro Bryushkov View Post
    Why I am not allowed to have
    Because that's the Law. The Firearms Act requires the CFO to consult with your spouse.

Besides, life with a happy woman is MUCH easier. (corollary: men find smiling women attractive.)

Do you really think is a reasonable requirement?
    The Liberal MPs who passed it, and the Supreme Court of Canada, don't care if it's reasonable or efficacious.
    If you watch parliament long enough, you'll conclude that Laws are built by political force.

...Do you really think is a reasonable requirement? I am former military officer and used to shoot fully automatic rifle. Why I am not allowed to have 2 barreled side- to- side 12 GA...
    From a current infantry officer and gun owner, the reason is because civilian firearm ownership is significantly different than military weapon usage.

Can you name the different types of firearm classifications? Do you know what the different storage/transport/usage laws are for each of them? Do you know how to safely unload a single or double action revolver if you come across one?

Temporarily being in the Army doesn't teach you anything about civilian firearm ownership, shy of knowing you're not intentionally supposed to shoot good people.
    I have no signature block.

All I know is a happy wife = a happy life.
    Which is why I always get the last words in an argument: “yes, dear”
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

Wrong. She gets the last word. Anything said after that is the start of a new argument.

Here's the key to a successful marriage: As soon as possible after the nuptials, figure out who is in charge, and do whatever she wants.

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By shootemup604

Drache (06-14-2018), GTW (06-14-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by shootemup604 View Post
    ...As soon as possible after the nuptials, figure out who is in charge, and do whatever she wants.
    No offence because I do not mean to sound like a chauvinist in writing this, but that's a terribly weak and submissive attitude.

No strong woman wants a pitiful husband who says "yes dear" to everything she says. Toddlers should respond with obedience like that, not husbands.

It's okay for her to get what she wants when it's reasonable, and it's okay for you to get what you want when it's reasonable.

You should both respect each other enough to know when you're each asking for something reasonable.

I feel sorry for any wife who has a husband who says "Happy wife happy life", because a man having the mindset that he'll do whatever the wife wants will not result in a happy wife.

Most wives want a strong husband, because they need a man and not another child.

7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Petamocto

Dmytro Bryushkov (06-17-2018), spider69 (07-16-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    No offence because I do not mean to sound like a chauvinist in writing this, but that's a terribly weak and submissive attitude.

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Drache

GTW (06-14-2018), wai556 (06-14-2018)

I feel sorry for any wife who has a husband who says "Happy wife happy life", because a man having the mindset that he'll do whatever the wife wants will not result in a happy wife.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

11. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By GTW

Drache (06-14-2018), IJ22 (06-14-2018)

I do not hide anything. But if police interview my wife, she will try to persuade them I am not safe. She is smart enough do not tell she does not want me out of home for any reason and does not want to see any game. My friends already discussed it with her, and what she said.
    You need a new wife, or at least get rid of this one.
    Dear NFA - I quit.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By RimfireFans

Dmytro Bryushkov (06-17-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by RimfireFans View Post
    You need a new wife, or at least get rid of this one.
    So ditch the wife, because she doesn't want to have a gun? Maybe just accept that might not be able to do this hobby. Or educate her or try and change he thought. Not force her.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

I agree on the education piece. It worked for my wife, and a safe and fun day at the range changed everything.

A decade ago I had no PAL, and zero guns worth zero dollars.

Then after a fun day at the range and me respecting her wishes, I now have ~15 guns including practically every category possible shy of a belt-fed MG, and she’s cool with it.

If you want to bend cold iron you don’t force it or it will snap. Slowly warm it and nudge it in the right direction.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345