Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Quote Originally Posted by shortandlong View Post
    Glock fan , there is a lien to free speech in Canada, its called hate speech .
    I personally don’t agree with it because everybody is not protected equally under the law unless your one of the protected groups.
    Yes exactly. We should have true free speech as it seems to me to be a human right. But it is only the US that actually has free speech. We have the illusion of free speech and it is being eroded one human rights tribunal (and C-16) at a time. The UK has already lost it. We're headed that way.
    Call Ralph Goodale every week to Stop Bill C-71 >>> 1-306-585-2202
    Fight Bill C-71 by visiting http://oneclearvoice.ca now with new printable/editable versions

2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Doug_M

killer kane (06-19-2018), lone-wolf (06-20-2018), Swampdonkey (Yesterday)

.... give a few years

Still, the solution remains the same. Don't be stupid. If you disagree with that, then you clearly have a different view of what it means to live in a civilized world. If you'd like, then be stupid. Just don't complain if your actions land you in a heap of feces.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By awndray

Rory McCanuck (06-19-2018)

Made a few inquiries this week with some old acquaintances and I guess "that" forum is in the top 5 Canadian forums that are considered hate speech forums. Also, my data collection wasn't just recon info. It was the start point for data collection on what is going to be submitted for charges against the forum Admins and their membership. So, I guess it is too late to clean up any mess you might have made. Hopefully nobody here was making any seriously offensive comments.

Expect an influx of new members since that forums membership numbers are dropping like a rock. Historically it was losing members at 7.8 - 12.3 % a month since it's peak in 2014 which is a lot considering 150K (yes, 150 000) accounts there are dead or faked to pad their membership total. Any inactive after introduction posts can be considered non active or fraudulent. When "Jim Smith" posts and introduction and then logs out for good, it's fairly suspect and it's been like that since the beginning so chances are... It's unknown if the Administration did that to fake their membership numbers or if it was people acting on their behalf or without their knowledge. Not that it's the thing that will burn them in the end but it's interesting how many levels of deceit are going on there. Kind of disgusting really. Especially if they are charging their vendors based on phony forum activity stats. Lots of examples of forums that do this so it should come as no surprise really. That and they seem to have every function turned off that would show actual forum numbers.
    Last edited by Degothia; Yesterday at 08:50 AM.
    What if it was one guy with 6 Guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Degothia View Post
    they seem to have every function turned off that would show actual forum numbers.
    On CGN, click on "Forum" on the top tool bar, and scroll to the bottom of the page, and you'll see

CanadianGunNutz.com Statistics
    Threads 781,456 Posts 12,373,420 Members 195,703

I didn't say that was the forum I was talking about but if you want to use it as an example.

That's not what I'm talking about. That shows how many accounts have been created since the forum went online. Unless you consider one person making 100 accounts they never post on 100 members. I'm talking about the active member functions and the member directory where you can list all the members by post count to see how many actually post anything. An active member is considered someone who posts once a week or once a month if you want to stretch it and that function as well is disabled. It's a default in vBB software and any Admin could turn it on if they want to show how many people actually use the forum. It's a lot harder to fake membership numbers when it's on. Showing how many accounts were created, in your example, doesn't mean those people ever existed or have logged back in after creating an account.

I could create 100 memberships here with throw away email addy's that look like it's 100 members when in fact it's just me spamming. Not that I would do something like that but it's not hard. Especially if the Admins are well aware of it and allow it and it's been going on for years. Same as saying every spam and banned account are members. The members ticker doesn't go down when they are banned.
    What if it was one guy with 6 Guns?

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    You know I'm a bit more curious now, I figured it was BS but you do seem to know a bit about how v Bulletin works. Forget what you said before, but your current post is a pretty reasonable and likely scenario if you ask me, the part about the whole membership padding to boost revenue/sponsorship subs, increase their SEO ranking, etc...

As for the "hate speech" thing, it dosen't surprise me. There is actually an unusually large amount that goes on there and it's mostly left unchecked. Certain members are just free to spread around whatever tin foil racially charged articles they want yet anything counter = instant ban/dog pilling. OT there looks a like like discussions on stormfront.

Good luck charging a few thousand members of a forum lol the amount of police needed would be crazy. Much more than what we have available. Unless they wanna force military members to go start arresting citizens. I doubt anything is actually going to happen.

Strangeday:

Thank you for confirming what we all suspected. I hope that you'll stick around (here) and become a regular presence in this forum.
    Retired Maryland State Police Captain Jack McCauley speaking in the Maryland Senate for CCW reform:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUaPDiW-GY

I hope he tails degothia or whatever their name is lol

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617