Kel-Tec RDB is better than a Tavor for like half price.

No seriously, I think it actually is. I have my full review here, but my reasoning is thusly:

It was (a tiny bit) more accurate:

It was as reliable (they both are).

It's more modular and more adaptable due to the design of the bolt and barrel assembly. I suspect RPM will have an M-Lok handguard out in no time, and the barrel would be incredibly easy for an AR barrel manufacturer to produce... it appears to be an AR barrel sans barrel extension shoulder, and with a rifle-length gas port. Basically, making one is an exercise in exterior profiling. And since the barrel extension threads on completely, there's no weakened area where the barrel extension meets the shoulder on a conventional AR barrel, so it's even stronger.

And most freaking importantly... it is ACTUALLY AMBI. No BS ambi kit required. No inability to fire it off-hand. It's nearly the exact same gun left- or right-handed with zero modifications, and the only thing that you need to adapt to is the charging handle being on one side or another.

Full review: https://calibremag.ca/kel-tec-rdb-an...-tavor-killer/
    Proudly publishing Calibre; The Canadian Firearm Publication, online at www.calibremag.ca!

Like us on Facebook or Instagram to follow along with what's new around the office, as well as to get a glimpse into what goes into producing a gun publication.
    Follow us on Twitter @calibremag to enjoy all the stuff that's deemed too unprofessional for Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Calibre View Post

I have little interest in anything keltec, but I'm wondering if you have more tables like this for other non res 223s
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

The RDB is the only good looking bullpup on the market.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Call Ralph Goodale every week to Stop Bill C-71 >>> 1-306-585-2202
    Fight Bill C-71 by visiting http://oneclearvoice.ca now with new printable/editable versions

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    I have little interest in anything keltec, but I'm wondering if you have more tables like this for other non res 223s
    Yup... it's still a newer thing we're doing; one of the first was the ACR. We probably started making it a consistent thing for the past year or so.

We're doing it for every long gun now.
    Proudly publishing Calibre; The Canadian Firearm Publication, online at www.calibremag.ca!

Like us on Facebook or Instagram to follow along with what's new around the office, as well as to get a glimpse into what goes into producing a gun publication.
    Follow us on Twitter @calibremag to enjoy all the stuff that's deemed too unprofessional for Facebook!

And whenever someone thinks we publish BS groups...

We do all the testing rested fore/aft, and we usually use a benchrest optic to try and ensure we're not the weak link, but that's it. No trickery. We just try to remove the human element as best we can, so that the groups show the mechanical accuracy the gun's capable of. We don't do any bs stuff like strapping guns down or the like that some other outlets use to improve groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibre View Post
    And whenever someone thinks we publish BS groups...

We do all the testing rested fore/aft, and we usually use a benchrest optic to try and ensure we're not the weak link, but that's it. No trickery. We just try to remove the human element as best we can, so that the groups show the mechanical accuracy the gun's capable of. We don't do any bs stuff like strapping guns down or the like that some other outlets use to improve groups.
    Those published group sizes, is that for a single 5-shot group or an average of several 5-shot groups?

Is the shooting done outdoors or indoors?

Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    Those published group sizes, is that for a single 5-shot group or an average of several 5-shot groups?

Is the shooting done outdoors or indoors?
    Outdoors, usually two five-round groups shot, and averaged out. We're probably going to transition away from the two group averages because to be honest it's just costing a bloody fortune and we don't see a lot of point in shooting the two groups in such controlled circumstances. We just end up shooting two groups, that end up being nearly identical, and burning through twice as much ammo. Our BCL102 review burned through something like $800 or $900 in ammunition in the course of testing.

Fantastic
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken