Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Billythreefeathers View Post
    Once a CPC canidate is selected I will donate directly to them,,
    I thought all candidate level donations went to the EDA; and it was the EDA that signs the tax receipt.

YOu can only donate to an individiual candidate once the election is called and the election period begins. Until then, the EDA is where you donate. Once the campaign begins, the EDA should normally give all of their funds to the candidate, except for a few thousand that they need to keep operating. Our EDA kept 5K in the bank account and turned the rest over to our candidate.

The EDA's job is to fundraise, collect data, look for volunteers to help come election time, etc, setting the stage for arrival of a candidate. The EDA also has to carry out the fairly rigorous process of finding and selecting potential candidates for running for the party come election time. However, some EDAs are very professional and well organized, and others are totally hopeless or basically don't exist.

Historically, Chris Alexander's riding has had a very solid conservative EDA with good Board members. They will do right by their candidate, whoever they may be.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

3. The Following User Liked This Post By TJSpeller

Billythreefeathers (07-22-2018)

Have gun, will travel. Forbes/Hutton's Avatar
    The EDA has to get a candidate that can not only beat Holland, but will do it while being pro-gun, and not be a red tory. I don't see a point in giving up my money for someone that will lose, or is only a slight improvement over Holland, or an improvement in only the one category.
    Remember: the opposite of "Far Right" is Far Wrong.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Forbes/Hutton

Billythreefeathers (07-22-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by FALover View Post
    I lived in Ajax in the early Sixties. Nice little town, nice memories. Now its just a part of the all expanding GTA and with that, it's problems as well. I will send a few bucks to #TurfMarkHollandAgain for old times sake's.
    And you can add a former Bay Ridges boy to that group
    "If we had a vote tomorrow I would vote, once again, to keep the Registry..." - Justin Trudeau
    "... if Canadians are to trust their government, their government needs to trust Canadians." - Justin Trudeau

7. The Following User Liked This Post By LB303

FALover (07-22-2018)

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSpeller View Post
    YOu can only donate to an individiual candidate once the election is called and the election period begins. Until then, the EDA is where you donate. Once the campaign begins, the EDA should normally give all of their funds to the candidate, except for a few thousand that they need to keep operating. Our EDA kept 5K in the bank account and turned the rest over to our candidate.

The EDA's job is to fundraise, collect data, look for volunteers to help come election time, etc, setting the stage for arrival of a candidate. The EDA also has to carry out the fairly rigorous process of finding and selecting potential candidates for running for the party come election time. However, some EDAs are very professional and well organized, and others are totally hopeless or basically don't exist.

Historically, Chris Alexander's riding has had a very solid conservative EDA with good Board members. They will do right by their candidate, whoever they may be.
    As a famous Canadian once said,, ‘I’ll be riding a giraffe down main street, swinging a bag of gophers, naked’

there’s the candidate I’ll be supporting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12