Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    There are many variations of these slings- the ones that come with a Norc M14 are way too shortfor example, the one I prefer is around 52" long. -I also prefer the Nylon version as compared to cotton or linen. I have seen shooters at Appleseeds in the US with a thicker drab green version that I found difficult to operatecompared to the nylon.
    Thats what I got.. Thicker drab green cotton one. Def stiffer than my 1942 M1 Carbine sling.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

The main features needed for the sling for Mapleseed is easily detachable at stock end and the ability to create the self tightening loop.

https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=39762.0

It's an easy DIY,especially if your rifle has sling studs. I ended up using 1" webbing and hardware as it was(for me) easily/cheaply available. Your looking at an H slider, a cam buckle, two quick disconnect sling swivels and a length of webbing.

If sewing is an issues you can use an second H slider to create the loop needed for securing primary H slider.

The finished length should allow you to make a 'hasty sling' which needs more material then the 'loop sling'

Well done LW, I missed out by a couple points, I will not subject everyone to a list of 'excuses'. Looking forward to the next one(likely next year).

3. The Following User Liked This Post By ESnel

lone-wolf (07-10-2018)

Oh, I just added up my score and I had 214 not 224 like they thought, so I qualified but probably didn't get the top score
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty — and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Oh, I just added up my score and I had 214 not 224 like they thought, so I qualified but probably didn't get the top score
    Still good, What scope did you use?

nikon rimfire 2, 3-9x

jumping between 5-8x

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty — and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

nikon rimfire 2, 3-9x

jumping between 5-8x
    Whats the preferred power they say?

You can do it with iron sights, I think finding good eye relief/eye box is the challenge. I adjusted based on that.
    I think you mentioned a fixed 4x? should be good.

I had my scope set up for offhand shooting, prone I had(they had it available for everyone to use) to add numerous padding on the butt and cheek rest parts to get the eye relief correct.
    Which was then not ideal when we switched back to offhand.

We use the 30 cal rule. Any broken line counts up

Envoyé de mon SM-T380 en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NB Hillbilly View Post
    We use the 30 cal rule. Any broken line counts up

Envoyé de mon SM-T380 en utilisant Tapatalk
    Oh I'm not scoring them, I'm adding up the numbers they scored each stage.

20180710_185531 - Edited.jpg

11. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By lone-wolf

Magi (07-11-2018), NB Hillbilly (07-11-2018)

Well done!
    We were told he wasn't ready, now we know he will never be!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123