Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Another of my hobbies is flashlights. I have more than 10 flashlights. Who needs more than 10?
    ME. Why? They're different.

Tory would say that they all do the same thing - project (or shoot) light. Sure they essentially do.
    Some have a wider beam (flooder) others can cast further (thrower), I have lights with different reflectors either orange peel textured (even beam) or smooth (more focus).
    Different firmware, formats, battery capacities, emitters. I could go on....

I'm talking about bloody flashlights. I can't believe Tory is ignorant to not know why someone would want more than 10 firearms.

I'm sure he has a hobby himself and has a collection or wristwatches or golf clubs etc... and can tell you why he has them and what the differences are.
    I bet he collects panties.
    There is a madness to my method!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    All the easier to get them all in a twist that way.
    Yes, you can fix stupid, but the stupid folks have passed laws against it. Old, Caucasian, and male; so I am automatically a "racist". I can live with that, if you can't that's not my problem, cupcake.

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By FallisCowboy

killer kane (07-13-2018), Shoe (07-13-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    If he showed up for work every day in only a speedo
    Well there's an image I didn't need
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Disclaimer: I don't golf....If money wasn't the limiting factor...
    I don't golf any more, because it was. Back when green fees were $25 and the drive was local, it was a fun day out.
    Now they are in the $90 range and that's driving further, with gas prices through the roof...
    After the equipment costs, which can be whatever you like, the ongoing costs are what will eat at you. Just like shooting.
    I find shooting less expensive these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    I could ask for a show of hands for how many people think the news media is 100% accurate.
    I'll give them 50%, on the 10% of stuff that actually happens, that they choose to cover. Is that 5%?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    Doesn't everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by LB303 View Post
    Well there's an image I didn't need

I don't golf any more, because it was. Back when green fees were $25 and the drive was local, it was a fun day out.
    Now they are in the $90 range and that's driving further, with gas prices through the roof...
    After the equipment costs, which can be whatever you like, the ongoing costs are what will eat at you. Just like shooting.
    I find shooting less expensive these days.

I'll give them 50%, on the 10% of stuff that actually happens, that they choose to cover. Is that 5%?

Doesn't everyone?
    Oddly enough, I when I took my safety course years ago the instructor said that golf is way more expensive than firearms.

This is what annoys me with anti firearms types.
    I'm open about my hobby and have a few people at work that are shooters as well.

When one of the supervisors heard us talking he started making jokes that he's afraid of me. Offering me paid time off anytime I want.

I laid it out to him - with the amount of money I spent to get into this I could have probably purchased a few firearms on the street and still had beer money left over.

Safety course, paperwork for PAL, range fees, storage equipment and locks, cases for transport and ammo, eyes and ears, cleaning and maintenance equipment etc...

At least $2000... and THEN the cost of my firearms and ammo on top of that.

I didn't commit this amount of time, money and hassle to run around committing crimes.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Shoe

LB303 (07-13-2018)

Yes, you can fix stupid, but the stupid folks have passed laws against it. Old, Caucasian, and male; so I am automatically a "racist". I can live with that, if you can't that's not my problem, cupcake.

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By FallisCowboy

chuckbuster (07-13-2018), Shoe (07-13-2018)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123