Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Picked up a 453 American.

Have not been to the range yet, but can say something about the rings fitting on a CZ bolt action 22 453/455. The scope is 40mm objective, typical 3-9x. Leupold medium rings for dovetail are barely enough to clear the bolt movement, but when removing the bolt for cleaning, it will strike the scope, so a high rings would be needed. Most CZ take the 11mm, but the American is 3/8 inch. This detail isn't in the manual. DIP have a good reference chart. https://www.diproductsinc.com/Products.aspx?CAT=4268

My concern about getting good comfort with finding the eyebox is answered by just doing dovetail style rings. They allow more positions than the two piece weaver I was coming from on the previous rifle.

The store that had the rings carried only a couple of CZ bolt actions I didn't want - zombie green and Canadian with the maple leaf. The store that carried the CZ rifles varieties in walnut stock had only pellet gun style dovetail rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Why do American made pistols come with test cartridges
    In states such as Maryland the FFL that you pick up your gun from will strip out that fired casing and submit it to the state police

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...crimes-solved/
    Last edited by LB303; 07-20-2018 at 09:33 AM.

I was at the range for initial sighting in, and I believe it sends the bullets where I am pointing.

Zeroing in was a logical process, not a "what the?" at the next few shots. In the past with the previous Marlin 22 Magnum I had blamed my Simmons scope (replaced now), the rings, and then me finding the eyebox, when it was mainly the rifle giving me grief.

I have only done a sight-in session on the CZ 453 with elbow on the table shooting and can hit a loonie sized dot fairly reliably at 20 yards. On top of all that, the thing looks nice. It is a satisfying shooting experience. I'll see what Terry says about my crown in the "CZ quality" thread. Is it a pass or flawed?

Interestingly enough, I have a 455 and it does not perform well with Mini Mags. It works best with cheap bulk ammo like Thunderbird or AutoMatch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123