Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bulletproof backpack transforms into bulletproof vest - Toronto Sun 2018 09 13

https://torontosun.com/life/living/b...1-0d5992b7e63a

Bulletproof backpack transforms into bulletproof vest

Associated Press
    Published:
    September 13, 2018

Updated:
    September 13, 2018 1:49 PM EDT

This undated photo provided by the Msada-Armour company, shows a bulletproof backpack. Masada-Armour, an Israeli company, says it has come up with a first-of-its-kind protection gear against the threat of school shootings -- a bulletproof backpack that can transform into a bulletproof vest in less than two seconds by flipping out an armored plate from a concealed compartment. (Masada-Armour via AP) ORG XMIT: DV501AP

JULIS, Israel — An Israeli company says it has come up with a unique item to protect against the threat of school shootings — a bulletproof backpack that transforms into a bulletproof vest.

Masada-Armour says its backpack also deploys a protective vest in less than two seconds by flipping out an armoured plate from a concealed compartment. The standard protection claims to stop handgun bullets while upgraded versions can block rifle fire.

Co-owner Yair Rosenberg says the product, with its front and back protection, was designed to provide schoolchildren defences against mass-shooting attacks. He says “people are looking for solutions and this is very beneficial.”

He says in an era when schools have become war zones, his company has seen increased interest in the product.

The basic version weighs three kilograms (6.6 pounds) and sells for $500. The upgraded version, weighing 4.2 kilograms (nine pounds) costs $750.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Shoe

Turtlehead (09-13-2018), Waterloomike (09-13-2018)

Gecko45 must be getting very excited over this. It’s not a briefcase, but it might be close enough for him.

The tactical wheelbarrow guy is still unimpressed, I suspect...

4. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By SIR VEYOR

GotSauer (09-14-2018), kennymo (09-14-2018), play.soccer (09-14-2018), Rory McCanuck (09-13-2018)

https://www.masadagear.com/p/Bulletproof-backpack

BTW, these would be seized in England for their intended use. (A few years ago they were banned because not all children in a single school could have one, so they banned them all for equality)

I went looking for the more expensive version. Didn't find it.

Found these

Inflatable mine shoes
    https://www.masadagear.com/p/EOD_Cor...ble_mine_shoes

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    https://www.masadagear.com/p/Bulletproof-backpack

BTW, these would be seized in England for their intended use. (A few years ago they were banned because not all children in a single school could have one, so they banned them all for equality)

I went looking for the more expensive version. Didn't find it.

Found these

Inflatable mine shoes
    https://www.masadagear.com/p/EOD_Cor...ble_mine_shoes
    $650/780 if adding more plates might be it.

And I think myth busters disproved the idea of the mine shoes as a flotation aid for water crossings...

I wonder if anyone has realized that several provinces have laws regulating the sale a possession of Body Armour.
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

8. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Strangeday

FallisCowboy (09-14-2018), play.soccer (09-14-2018), Rory McCanuck (09-13-2018), shortandlong (09-14-2018), SIR VEYOR (09-14-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Gecko45 must be getting very excited over this. It’s not a briefcase, but it might be close enough for him.

The tactical wheelbarrow guy is still unimpressed, I suspect...
    Aztech has a briefcase option?

https://www.aztecharmory.com/ar500-e...r-p-38695.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hidyn View Post
    Soft sided, can’t function as an actual briefcase. No trace back to Israeli special forces. I think Gecko45 would pass...

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    I wonder if anyone has realized that several provinces have laws regulating the sale a possession of Body Armour.
    Just show them a motorcycle license and you’re all good. It’s for riding...

I don't think the provincial laws regarding body armour would sustain a charter challenge. It's about a inoffensive an item as you can think of, and the charter protects the right to life - and body armour is clearly designed to protect life.

Decided that being pink is in
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemup604 View Post
    I don't think the provincial laws regarding body armour would sustain a charter challenge. It's about a inoffensive an item as you can think of, and the charter protects the right to life - and body armour is clearly designed to protect life.
    But who has the $100,000 to pony up and challenge? I remember once being taught that the SCC was there to protect ordinary citizens from governments writing "bad" laws. Our current reality is something much different, much more along the lines of keeping the "subjects" in line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast