Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I'm not falling for the "illicit guns" crap. Leave ALL the guns alone and go after the criminals. If I say illicit guns are the problem in opens the door for them to make all guns illicit. Try enforcing existing laws. As for demographics all I gave was age and that I was urban. I did not indicate gender, ethnicity or if I owned any guns.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By TheHydrant

manic29 (10-12-2018), Soph (10-15-2018), TheMerlin (10-12-2018)

Leading questions

This survey is one leading question after another. "Have you stopped beating your wife?" No! I mean Yes! I mean No!!
    "Missed it by that much."

I filled it out yesterday. I found the statements and questions to be quite leading; as in a particular agenda. Anyhow, I commented that the use of the term "assault weapon" is deliberately misleading and that all centrefire semis are already limited to 5 rounds.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By chuckbuster

Smc (10-12-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by TheHydrant View Post
    I'm not falling for the "illicit guns" crap. Leave ALL the guns alone and go after the criminals. If I say illicit guns are the problem in opens the door for them to make all guns illicit. Try enforcing existing laws. As for demographics all I gave was age and that I was urban. I did not indicate gender, ethnicity or if I owned any guns.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
    Yeah. I also commented that if X number of laws are already on the books, but not being used effectively, how is X+1 going to solve the problem when that additional law is aimed at those already following the law?
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    You might break the original post link -- to prevent tracking.
    Exactly ; it is best " not to use " the OPs link directly as it may be tracked to this site , and disregarded .
    " Better To Fight For Something , Than Live For Nothing " ; " When In Doubt....ATTACK ".......Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Misses and I both did this bs consultation. By the way did anyone notice that the government more or less kills the Australian and UK gun ban argument? In the engagement paper PDF (which you can only get to at the end of the survey) there is this gem on page 6 under “International Experience”

“Jurisdictions differ in their approaches to controlling handguns and assault weapons. For example, Australia and the UK have both enacted bans that limit or prohibit handguns. Federally, the US enacted a federal ban on assault weapons, but this ban expired in 2004 and no federal legislation to renew or replace the ban has since been enacted. In all cases the data does not conclusively demonstrate that these handgun or assault weapon bans have led to reductions in gun violence, though some studies drew other conclusions.”

First of all. Is this a sticky yet?

Second. It appears that youcan fill out the form as many times as you like. Good job government workers. Way to make a poll that can be taken at least half seriously when it’s easily manipulated.

I seriously doubt that they will sort submissions by ip address or cookie. It was either set up this way to let the rabid left vote multiple times, or (more likely) through incompetence. Sorting the results after the fact would require keeping a bunch of extra data, and is a backward way of doing things.... ok maybe they are doing it, it is the government after all. (And it’s probably outsourced to CGI)
    Last edited by Smc; 10-12-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMerlin View Post
    Misses and I both did this bs consultation. By the way did anyone notice that the government more or less kills the Australian and UK gun ban argument? In the engagement paper PDF (which you can only get to at the end of the survey) there is this gem on page 6 under “International Experience”

“Jurisdictions differ in their approaches to controlling handguns and assault weapons. For example, Australia and the UK have both enacted bans that limit or prohibit handguns. Federally, the US enacted a federal ban on assault weapons, but this ban expired in 2004 and no federal legislation to renew or replace the ban has since been enacted. In all cases the data does not conclusively demonstrate that these handgun or assault weapon bans have led to reductions in gun violence, though some studies drew other conclusions.”
    They're not doing it for public safety. They know it won't do anything, and they don't care.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Grimlock

manic29 (10-12-2018)

which you can only get to at the end of the survey
    You can get it before reading the survey.
    I read it before I did the survey.

Nifty.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    You can get it before reading the survey.
    I read it before I did the survey.

Nifty.
    You are correct...I was on mobile so it just looked that way for me

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast