Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

***WINNER**** Gun Owners of Canada's "I need a Upgrade BADLY !!! Contest!!"

Gun Owners of Canada Presents the;

I need a Upgrade BADLY !!! Contest!!

Sponsored by

and

Here's the Deal!!

Show us the Reason why you need to upgrade that AR-15 Style stock!! and we might just do it

From Jan 11, 2013 to Jan 18, 2013 GOC members will be able to post the reason why they need to upgrade their AR-15 Style stocks.

On Jan 19, 2013 we will judge all entries and the Top reason will get an upgrade.

Questions? and standard stuff

-No it doesn't have to be an AR 15, but it has to use an AR -15 style stock.

-All registered members are entitled to 1 entry regardless of referrals, post counts etc. (duplicate entries, accounts, etc will be removed)

-Standard rules of the forum Apply (so tasteful pictures people)

-Standard members can apply (sorry no dealers, or moderators <- going to hear about that one lol )

The Prize????

Oh yeah the prize I guess I should tell you what you could win!

Vltor IMOD: Improved Modstock Clubfoot in Tan or Black (winners choice of color)

http://www.armtac.com/product/vltor-...tock-clubfoot/

New for 2010, the introduction of the Improved Modstock, appropriately named the “IMod”. Since 2002, the original Modstock has become well known and respected by Military, Law-Enforcement and sports shooters worldwide. Even though the Modstock is considered the best on the market, Vltor believed it was time for improvements. The improvements are subtle but necessary. Feedback from end users will make the IMod the choice over the competition.

When compared to the original Modstock, the IMod series is now available to fit either the Milspec or Commercial diameter receiver extension/buffer tube. Unfortunately, the IMod will not fit both receiver extensions, so when ordering, pick the correct item and part number.

Like all Vltor stocks, the IMod is available in the three most popular colors; Black, Flat Dark Earth (tan) and Foliage Green. As with the original Modstocks, the IMod is offered in the conventional, “Standard” configuration and the unconventional, “Clubfoot” configuration. Even though the Standard model is the most well-known model amongst the shooting public, the Clubfoot version is a hybrid model that bridges the gap between tactical and prone shooting positions. In other words, the Clubfoot portion of the stock allows the shooter, with his/her off hand, to support the stock and to control the rear of the weapon, while shooting in prone or rested position.

The improvements of the IMod are as follows: Integral, but removable non-slip buttpad (color matched to stock components)

Rolled/angled buttpad toe with wide traction area. This will assist in running the stock high on shoulder, making the IMod system more user friendly when using web-gear and/or body armor.
    Improved lock paddle, making it easier to operate and making the contact surface non-slip when operating the lever.
    Removed most sharp edges that may cause “snag points” to web-gear or other vital equipment.
    Improved strength throughout construction of the stock chassis. This will provide maximum strength during “Mortaring exercise” or unexpected impact.
    Integral, but removable non-slip buttpad (color matched to stock components)

The 3 judges have reviewed all posts and chosen a winner!!
    Our Winner is Bolivar

Thank you to all three of our judges.
    Last edited by jwirecom109; 01-19-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

EM Precision Rifles stevesummit's Avatar
    Another great give away. When will the madness stop Or is the saying "I'd buy that for a dollar"

Shield of the north Mass-effect's Avatar
    Where do we apply? Right here? Id like to be considered because im too poor to buy this and anything else for myself. As the thankless father of a household, i spend my time money and energy on things for my family. (worth it) However, It would be nice if somebody spoiled me like i try to them Im no Blanche Dubois, relying on the kindness of strangers, but sometimes im pleasantly surprised by the kindness of strangers

Post em right here boys and girls

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

My AR 15 is a plain Jane would like to start moding it a little but have had two knees replaced in the last year so money is tight .Thanks for a great site and the give away just makes it better .In these crazy times its nice to visit GOC and get to spend time and unwind from the crazy world out there talking and reading some great story's and interesting views from fellow gun owners.

first ar platform.....bought a beowulf upper, buying atrs lower, have no stock so definately need to upgrade

My AR has an Ace Skeleton Stock which I REALLY don't like. Now since this VLTOR stock is Mil-spec it means I need to change my whole buffer tube which I'd be willing to do! And If I get this VLTOR stock I'll gladly have a small give away on the Ace Skeleton Stock along with the commercial tube setup!

Or if I get this stock I will buy a whole new lower that has a mil-spec tube and give away my SGW lower, tube, and skeleton stock!

This would be a nice upgrade to a short barrelled Grizzly with the right adapter.

I bought this National Ordinance & Rifle Company (NORC) AR off the Equipment Exchange over on the "nasty" forum. The OP advertised it as a "National match" style with custom walnut stock and many upgrades, including a precision match trigger. He indicated to me that this was his personal weapon used in the operation to eliminate Osama Bin Laden as a active SEAL. As beautiful as this rifle is, I can't seem to hit crap with it. I don't want to sink any more money into this project as I am currently working on improving 1000yd accuracy of my F class SKS. A new stock would go a long way towards helping me improve my shooting with this historic rifle.
    Last edited by 3MTA3; 01-12-2013 at 05:41 AM.

I need an upgrade because my CTR went kaboom the last time I was at the range. As you can see from the pictures, she is well and truly broken.

This is what I am left with. So sad

I sure could use a replacement commercial sized butt stock in Foliage Green to match the rest of the add on furniture.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast