Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I need an upgrade because my CTR went kaboom the last time I was at the range. As you can see from the pictures, she is well and truly broken.
    Would you be willing to part with that item for the right price?

The broken CTR? Send me a PM

Just kidding- I thought it might go good with my " Walnut" AR.
    Last edited by 3MTA3; 01-12-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Not to sidetrack a very cool contest, I would really like to know how you broke that CTR stock!! You can send a PM if you don't want to post it here.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes an act of rebellion."
    - George Orwell

Have gun, will travel. Forbes/Hutton's Avatar
    I'm tempted to enter on the basis of my sad story that I haven't been able to get to the range (or anywhere else) since May (for the range), August for everywhere else due to a herninated lumbar disk causing sciatica pain from the toes to the knee, which caused guarding craps from the knee to the waist. Had surgery on December 5th and the sciatica and crapping was gone right away, the last couple of weeks have been spent getting used to the stitches and muscles that were poked and pushed during the surgery and having all the muscles in both legs re-learning to do there jobs again and together (nothing major, it was a vast improvement when I came out of the OR, just a little weak and unbalanced). I'm back to about 95% now, the last of the stitches hasn't dissolved yet and is still pulling at the skin/scar.
    Anyways, I figure pictures of my back could win me the stock and if that wouldn't do it I'd have to go into the weird feelings of having my ass shaved to allow the bandages to stick, to problem is they left lots of stubble that grabs at any fabric "back there".
    But I'll spare you all.

Shotgun, rifle and a 4 wheel drive! BrotherRockeye's Avatar
    y'know this is just the sort of thing that could push me over the edge and get me to buy that AR I've been thinking about...thanks alot..!

edit:

the contest...not F/H's shaved arse...
    Last edited by BrotherRockeye; 01-12-2013 at 05:27 PM.
    We're kin cuz we shoot! What we shoot, and what we shoot at, shouldn't matter!

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" ~ Augustus McCrae
    There is no Justice...SUNRAY Lives

Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I'm tempted to enter on the basis of my sad story that I haven't been able to get to the range (or anywhere else) since May (for the range), August for everywhere else due to a herninated lumbar disk causing sciatica pain from the toes to the knee, which caused guarding craps from the knee to the waist. Had surgery on December 5th and the sciatica and crapping was gone right away, the last couple of weeks have been spent getting used to the stitches and muscles that were poked and pushed during the surgery and having all the muscles in both legs re-learning to do there jobs again and together (nothing major, it was a vast improvement when I came out of the OR, just a little weak and unbalanced). I'm back to about 95% now, the last of the stitches hasn't dissolved yet and is still pulling at the skin/scar.
    Anyways, I figure pictures of my back could win me the stock and if that wouldn't do it I'd have to go into the weird feelings of having my ass shaved to allow the bandages to stick, to problem is they left lots of stubble that grabs at any fabric "back there".
    But I'll spare you all.
    Big a$$ thank you from all of us for that. Jeebus, sorry to hear about your operation. Glad it's getting better. I think we should all chip in and buy you the stock if you don't win. Don't know if I could go that long w/o some range time.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes an act of rebellion."
    - George Orwell

Have gun, will travel. Forbes/Hutton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    Big a$$ thank you from all of us for that. Jeebus, sorry to hear about your operation. Glad it's getting better. I think we should all chip in and buy you the stock if you don't win. Don't know if I could go that long w/o some range time.
    It's all good.

After all that misery for that long I'm happy now, and it's not easy to knock me out of a good mood (work's trying).

I got to the range January 2nd and did my re-qualification for work, despite being stiff from the stitches and itching, I got by with a 97.4%. 85% is a pass.

Right now the closest to a AR I have is a Mossberg Tactical. The spring will bring a AR or a Kel-Tec SU-16, haven't decided yet.

To the eventual winner: congrats and enjoy you lucky SOB.

To the sponsors (GOC and Armtac), nice work, it's a great way to promote the site and the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    Just kidding- I thought it might go good with my " Walnut" AR.
    Hey, it does come with some pretty cool stickers which is added value. It's gotta be worth something. LOL.
    Co-Host: MODERN RIFLEMAN RADIO

GREASY CIVI Black Rifle Shooter
    Member: BDHACC, OFAH, ORA, OSPE, PEO, CSSA, NFA

My Magpul MOE stock is fine and dandy, and a definite improvement over the fixed stock that the SR-22 came with, but I find myself wanting more. Because this is my tactifool gopher gun, I'm looking for a stock that will feel more at home in the prone position. The modstock seems better set up for shooting with a rear bag.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast