Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Gun Shows

Did anyone here go to the Steinbach Gun Show this past weekend? (Oct 14)
    I decided to get some footage of the event since I was in the area. Brother and I ended up buying some stuff we wanted. Here is the video of it and some shooting at the end.

My brother bought the SVT-40 and is having some issues but I can fix it, no big deal. (pretty sure he didn't put it together perfectly after cleaning).
    My biggest concern is the "Lee–Enfield"magazine. It wasn't pinned for 5 rounds and I didn't know this until I started loading it at the pits. It's not hard to get it pinned but If we got stopped my the RCMP at some point and it was checked.....It wouldn't have been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatBeard View Post
    My biggest concern is the "Lee–Enfield"magazine. It wasn't pinned for 5 rounds and I didn't know this until I started loading it at the pits. It's not hard to get it pinned but If we got stopped my the RCMP at some point and it was checked.....It wouldn't have been fun.
    The enfield is specifically named as not needing the magazine to be pinned.
    Which is funny because bolt actions magazines don't need to be pinned in general.
    So why is it specifically named? Apparently it was included because they made(or converted) semi-auto versions of the enfields, and covered their bases by making sure it's known that the magazines do not need to be pinned regardless.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty — and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314