IV. What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our Site you may provide us with two types of information: (i) personal information (such as your name, birth date, phone number, email address and mailing address) (collectively, “Registration Information”) collected on an individual basis; and (ii) Site use information collected on an anonymous and aggregate basis as you and others browse our Site. Whenever Gun Owners of Canada Inc collects personally identifiable about you, it reserves the right to use that information for marketing Gun Owners of Canada Inc and its various activities. This is true in both the unpaid and paid sections of the Site. Gun Owners of Canada Inc may use the personally identifiable data collected to undertake a variety of marketing activities including, but not limited to, email, direct mail, site personalization, telephone marketing and other digital and traditional methods of advertising and communication. Gun Owners of Canada Inc does not sell or “monetize” data to 3rd parties. Gun Owners of Canada Inc, however, does and will send marketing messages on behalf of its sponsors and partners. It will do so without giving any of your personally identifiable information to those sponsors and partners for their own use.
V. Personal Information You Choose to Provide.
1. Registration Information. You will provide us with certain information about yourself, your firm or company, and your practices when you register to be a member of www.gunownersofcanada.ca, register for certain services, or register for email newsletters and alerts.
2. Email Information. If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
3. Site Use Information. Similar to other commercial websites, Gun Owners of Canada Inc utilizes a standard technology called "cookies" (see explanation below, "What Are Cookies?") and server logs to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Site, and the websites visited just before and just after Gun Owners of Canada Inc. We, our advertisers, and ad serving companies may also use small technology or pieces of code to determine which advertisements and promotions users have seen and how users responded to them.
4. How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us? Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering and expanding our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Site, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by emailing us at [email protected]. From time to time Gun Owners of Canada Inc will allow its Sponsors or marketing partners to offer Site visitors an opportunity to opt-in” to receive marketing information directly from that Sponsor or marketing partner. In such cases, on the registration page, an “opt-in” question will appear clearly explaining that by checking the box you agree to share your personally identifiable information with that particular Sponsor or marketing partner. If there is not a Sponsor ”opt-in” question on a registration form, Gun Owners of Canada Inc will not give any of the data collected to any Sponsor or partner.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information. We may disclose your personal information if required: (a) by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law or legal process served on us or affiliated parties; (b) protect and defend our rights and property, our site, the users of our site, and/or our affiliated parties; (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of our site, us, or third parties.
6. Referral Service. If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend [email a friend, refer a friend, send to a friend, email a page, invite a friend] about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Gun Owners of Canada Inc stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at [email protected] to request that we remove this information from our database.
You can decide if and how your computer will accept cookies by configuring your preferences option within your web browser. To disable this function in your web browser, choose the “help” menu and follow the instructions for deleting cookies and preventing your browser from downloading additional cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, you can still browse our Site, but you may be unable to post on the Site or otherwise access certain services and content available on the Site. Gun Owners of Canada Inc does not store personal or confidential information in cookies (although our third party advertisers may – and we take no responsibility for their actions).
9. Sharing Information with Third Parties. We may enter into alliances, partnerships or other business arrangements with third parties who may be given access to personal information including your name, address, telephone number and email for the purpose of providing you information regarding products and services that we think will be of interest to you. In connection with alliances, partnerships or arrangements, we may also provide certain information to third parties if we have determined that the information will be used in a responsible manner by a responsible third party. For example, some of our partners operate stores or provide services on our site, while others power offerings developed by us for your use. We also use third parties to facilitate our business, including, but not limited to, sending email and processing credit card payments. In connection with these offerings and business operations, our partners and other third parties may have access to your personal information for use in connection with business activities. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or any dissolution.
11. Facebook Connect. You can log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
12. Blogs/Forums. Our Site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas becomes public information and you may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. We recommend that you do not post your email address or other personal information in our forums because this information is publicly available for anyone to see and unscrupulous third parties may use this information to form 'spam' lists or may otherwise misuse this information. We are not responsible for the use or misuse of information posted by you in public forums by other users of the Site.
13. Notice of New Services and Changes. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Site, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. As our customer, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by sending us an email request at [email protected]
14. How Do We Protect Your Information? The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at [email protected]
15. How Can You Access and Correct Your Information? You may request access or make corrections to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing [email protected]
16. Updating/Accessing/Amending/Correcting Personally Identifiable Information. If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate it by making the change on our member information page or by emailing our Customer Support at [email protected] or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
17. What About Other Web Sites Linked to Gun Owners of Canada Inc.? We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Site.
18. Children’s Privacy. The Site is not intended for or directed to persons less than 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children, and we do not knowingly market our services to children. If you are under 13 years of age, do not use the Site.
20. Submissions. Suggestions, materials or other intellectual property sent or transmitted to us via our Site are governed by the separate terms applicable to such materials identified at the time of submission (if any). All such items shall be deemed to be non-confidential, and we shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such items and shall be free to use and distribute them to others without limitation, including, but not limited to developing and marketing products incorporating them.
VI. Material Changes to Policy:
This document is a prepared template and may change over time, any errors in this document, may be edited at a later date holding members and dealers accountable to review changes.