Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: RPAL interviews

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    WHAT ?!?!?! Now they're too lazy to call themselves ?!?!?! WTF ?!?!?!?!
    this would be one of the rare times they actually call for non restricted?. actually, i cant recall ever hearing about references being called just on the PAL, , usually they only contact them for RPAL only?, .. as for getting the number to call in first, it saves times by having the references call in as soon as they can , helps speed the process up

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by ian745 View Post
    this would be one of the rare times they actually call for non restricted?. actually, i cant recall ever hearing about references being called just on the PAL, , usually they only contact them for RPAL only?, .. as for getting the number to call in first, it saves times by having the references call in as soon as they can , helps speed the process up
    Mental note to self. On the next rpal renewal, where it asks for references, just write "I'll have somebody call you. The will reference this number: 123xyz. Please attach this number to my file."
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

My References called in proactively. I hadn't heard anything or had been called for my interview. I checked the website and it said license had been issued please call back if you do not see it in 2 weeks. Has anyone else as a NEW PAL/R license applicant ever not been personally interviewed?

Quote Originally Posted by sammar View Post
    My References called in proactively. I hadn't heard anything or had been called for my interview. I checked the website and it said license had been issued please call back if you do not see it in 2 weeks. Has anyone else as a NEW PAL/R license applicant ever not been personally interviewed?
    Got mine in March and no calls at all, not even to my references.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Just one reference, and no personal interview.

No personal interview. One reference person. I asked if they needed to talk to my wife, and they said 'Nope, she signed your form, we're good.'

Cool glad its all good then. Should have my RPAL very soon. Does minors PAL take longer?

8. The Following User Liked This Post By sammar

Lazagna (06-10-2016)

Cool glad its all good then. Should have my RPAL very soon. Does minors PAL take longer?
    Minors PAL process varies depending on the province. In Nova Scotia I waited 3 months for my son's PAL to come in. In NS, there is an additional form which goes to the Dept of Justice indicating the mentor. When the NS Dept of Justice have OKed it with the RCMP, the PAL processing continues. It seems to add another 4 weeks to the wait. They should explain the process for your province at the completion of the course.

Nice to see all the posts about only one reference being called; this just happened to me this week and I was worried they couldn't get through but I just checked the site and it says I should receive my license in two weeks. Awesome feeling.

Also; my application for the restricted course was lost in the mail and I almost missed the course. Someone dropped out so I got in at the last minute so to speak. This made me paranoid about sending in my RPAL application through regular mail so I sent it registered mail. Sent it June 1st and it was signed for in Miramichi on June 2nd! Three weeks later one reference was called and license is in the mail
    Last edited by jfarnham; 06-26-2016 at 06:23 AM. Reason: added info

11. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By jfarnham

Gaidheal (06-26-2016), Lazagna (06-26-2016)

Don't let your reference admit that you don't like Trudeau. That will slow things down.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast