View Poll Results: How long does it take to issue a club-level ATT in Ontario?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Within a week

2 14.29%
  • Within two weeks

0 0%
  • Within three weeks

5 35.71%
  • One month

5 35.71%
  • More than two months

2 14.29%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Time taken to issue club level ATT?

I bought a GSG1911 Pistol, and so far it's excelled at the task of being the most expensive paperweight I've ever bought. I applied at the club for my ATT (I've got probationary membership there, I joined a month back).

So now it's a matter of the waiting game for a club-level ATT; I'm wondering how long it takes because it's been an even month so far. What has been your experience? They issued me a one-time ATT so I could take it home within around three days after I bought the gun. I'm just wondering why it would take four weeks for someone to simply give the go-ahead to simply take it back to the place I bought it at.

Should I call in and inquire?
    "I see you have your autocorrect turned off. I aslo liek to lvie dnageruosly."
    I see you have your autocorrect turned back on. I also like to lube degenerates."

The three scariest things in aviation are:
    1. A flight attendant with a chipped tooth,
    2. An air traffic controller on break,
    and 3. A doctor in a Beechcraft Bonzana.

Martyr of Traditional Anarchy Mad Hatter's Avatar
    CFO's have imposed a minimum 2 week waiting period for first time ATT's in Alberta I know.
    Our gun laws are so strict that it's like having a complete gun ban but with Vaseline...

Alberta processed 13000 new not renewed pal/rpal in the first 1/4 of this year and i was told it was looking the same for the second 1/4. Thinks that speed this up. Long membership standing, restricted owner, competitive shooter, which usually shows the above. Stop bitching about wait times i would just as soon see 20000 new card holders and wait an extra month cause that means more votes for us at election time and a bigger voice to make changes. Hope you get your latt soon.
    Desiel
    R U Ready, Standby, BEEP
    production C
    standard C

Jeez. I see.

Well, with anything, I suppose it's never going to not be safe to assume "when hell freezes over" when it comes to anything bureaucratic. *grumble grumble*
    I see you have your autocorrect turned back on. I also like to lube degenerates."

Hopefully two months doesn’t count as a necropost, if it does be nice to me since I’m new here. I didn’t vote as I couldn’t select within 2 weeks, 3 weeks, a month, or more than two. I’m the ATT secretary for my club, so I can give you a bit of insight into the process.

Assuming that the individual has completed an ATT course, or equivalent training, and the member is in good standing, a club can request an ATT. This requires that a letter be drawn up, and signed by two club executives. I am able to provide one of the signatures, so I physically need to meet with another club executive, usually the Range Director to get the second signature. Depending on our schedules it can take a few days to arrange to meet.

Since it takes the same amount of time to one as it does more than one, I usually wait 1-2 weeks before I draw up a letter, and add any requests from the previous two weeks. If I didn’t do it this way it would be a full time job. The bottom line is if you happen to submit a request the day after a batch was submitted you may need to wait a week or two, if I happen to have one that is outstanding it may get done that day.

Once the two signatures are in place the letter needs to be faxed to the CFO’s office. Once this is done it can take as little as two days, or as much as two months to get back, depending on how busy the CFOs is. Usually it takes 1-2 weeks to get back. I have requested them via email now, so I get them the day they were issued. In the past I would wait for the mail, and then had to make arrangements to get it to the member.

I always tell people to give me at least a month to get everything done. As a volunteer I don’t appreciated getting yelled at on a Friday when you have a match on Saturday, and just realized that your ATT is no longer valid. Although I do track when an ATT expires, I have no way to know when an individual has renewed their license unless they tell me.

I hope to be able to retire from this job once the ATTs are rolled into the RPALs.

It took me 7 weeks from the time I finnished my probation period untill I received my ATT...hope yours is quicker.

If you wait till the fall there is no waiting

3 weeks, more or less on the nose to be picked up at the range. (Colby.) Which range did you join Flashpoint? Iirc, you said you were in the Waterloo area?
    Remember High River!

PM sent!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast