PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to the US

Aaron
11-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Good day everyone
Could some one please point me in the right direction regarding what hoops I have to jump through if I want to attend a course or go shooting with my friends south of the border? I would need to bring a couple of pistols and may be my AR. All I know is I can get to the Alberta US border but then what? also how simple is it to get them back home?

Thanks so much in advance
Aaron

Satain
11-30-2013, 09:44 PM
All the basic info you need can be found right here:
http://www.custersportsmensclub.com/visitors.html

Aaron
11-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Thanks man I appreciate that!! Looks like I'm outa luck if I just want to visit my brother in Detroit and go shooting unless I find an event that weekend and get myself invited. Is it a big issue bringing them back into Alberta?

jono_619
12-01-2013, 12:28 PM
There's more information form here: http://www.losttarget.com/form6.html

hercster
12-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks man I appreciate that!! Looks like I'm outa luck if I just want to visit my brother in Detroit and go shooting unless I find an event that weekend and get myself invited. Is it a big issue bringing them back into Alberta?

There is no longer a need for a match invitation or hunting license. All you need to do is complete the ATF application listing your guns and ammo. I've been doing this for six years without a problem. Declare the guys both ways and have your documentation ready and well organized. I have a special binder with everything a customs agent or LEO would need to see laid out so it's all available at a glance. I think being prepared and well organised is a big help. Fumbling with documents at the inspection station is not a good idea. Declare it all on the way back and have your stuff ready. The Canadians may want to verify your serial numbers. Some crossings are better than others; ask around.

Aaron
12-02-2013, 10:43 PM
There is no longer a need for a match invitation or hunting license. All you need to do is complete the ATF application listing your guns and ammo. I've been doing this for six years without a problem. Declare the guys both ways and have your documentation ready and well organized. I have a special binder with everything a customs agent or LEO would need to see laid out so it's all available at a glance. I think being prepared and well organised is a big help. Fumbling with documents at the inspection station is not a good idea. Declare it all on the way back and have your stuff ready. The Canadians may want to verify your serial numbers. Some crossings are better than others; ask around.

Thanks a lot!!! that sounds much better Great to hear