PDA

View Full Version : Sun Media Gun Grab Special

Shawn.Bevins
12-10-2013, 08:27 AM
DAILY POLL: Sun News Network's documentary "Broken Trust" on the High River gun grab debuts Tuesday night. Will you be watching?

1) Yes
2) No

VOTE on our homepage: http://bit.ly/19h2Jr0

RELATED: High River Gun Grab a massive breach of civil rights : http://bit.ly/18RAOUi

WATCH: The trailer for 'Broken Trust' documentary: http://bit.ly/1bTK0aY

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76918135/1466081_645729445469243_1684811190_n.jpg

Doug_M
12-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Hope they put this up on their site after. I don't get Sun News unfortunately.

FALover
12-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Probably not. As much as the Sun News is more 'pro-gun', they are still a media tabloid and this is old news. This story should have been hammered into all Canadians when it happened . As it is the floods are gone, hockey season is here, the liberals are still fookin up Ontario and life stumbles on.

Mad Hatter
12-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Where can I watch it? I don't have access to that channel on my TV. Will it be on line?

coastal
12-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Same, I'm on Telus Optik.

Strewth
12-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Probably not. As much as the Sun News is more 'pro-gun', they are still a media tabloid and this is old news. This story should have been hammered into all Canadians when it happened . As it is the floods are gone, hockey season is here, the liberals are still fookin up Ontario and life stumbles on.

I think if Sun had the tax-funded budget of the CBC, they could have done this quicker.;) They are the loudest pro-gun voice we have in Canada.
I hope they can get a juicy soundbite from Trudeau on this.
I don't have TV, but I'll watch at a friend's. Will this be online?

Prairie Dog
12-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Hope they put this up on their site after. I don't get Sun News unfortunately.

I hope they do as well.

Mad Hatter
12-11-2013, 12:45 AM
Watched it. Confirmed what I knew all along. The RCMP is so paranoid of law abiding gun owners that they now have a target painted on each and every one of our backs.

blacksmithden
12-11-2013, 01:05 AM
I've been snooping their site all night. Can't find it yet.

Prairie Dog
12-11-2013, 01:11 AM
Please post the link if/when you do.

Camo tung
12-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Here it is:

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/2923814901001

Prairie Dog
12-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Here it is:

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/2923814901001

Thank you!

Camo tung
12-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Wait til you get to the part where they start laying out the spikes belts. Innocuous maybe by itself but once you see and hear the rest of the timeline unfold you'll be needing some heart meds.

Camo tung
12-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Also, the part where the S/Sgt reveals all local RCMP in High River were relieved of their duties....very peculiar, and his (their) reasoning is without logic. The same officers still have to perform their duties AFTER everything is restored. How did relieving them of their duties make for better community relations?

The RCMP as an organization committed this community-wide B&E exercise. No one will forgive any of them nor those that come afterwards. Shameful.

Prairie Dog
12-11-2013, 12:55 PM
My blood pressure has been up since I first heard of the gun grab. Hopefully the truth will eventually be told and those responsible suffer the consequences.

Edenchef
12-11-2013, 01:09 PM
My blood pressure has been up since I first heard of the gun grab. Hopefully the truth will eventually be told and those responsible suffer the consequences.

Don't hold your breath, too. I think we have a better chance of finding out who shot JFK. Truth......not likely: consequences......not a chance, ever. JMHO

Cheers!

Mad Hatter
12-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Bottom line of the special was that the RCMP acted completely autonomously with no orders from above and completely illegally, ignoring both civil and property rights. Nowhere is it written that in time of any emergency or disaster do they have the right to usurp our civil liberties to such a degree. The programmed paranoia of their training caused them to do this on their own. Laws were broken, rights trampled and they have to be made accountable for their actions.

Half an hour into the special I suddenly thought that perhaps they had just decided to use High River as a training exercise for invoking martial law. That might explain battering down unlocked doors. Practice. Especially when the one victim was told by an RC what a rush it was to kick down a door. She shouldn't have protected his identity. As I watched I largely changed my mind, but this could still be a partial explanation for what went on.

Did you see the part where the gun ownership advocate lawyer was telling the story about a guy in BC who even though had his 22 properly stored, was charged with unsafe storage because he had ammo too close to it and "readily available" to the weapon. The ammo was shotgun shells. The judge agreed with the police that the 22 could be converted to fire shotgun shells and he lost the case.

Damn! I forgot to watch Gold Rush last night!

HenryLung
12-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Just watched it this morning, such a shame that the government and law enforcement would target gun owners like that.

stevesummit
12-11-2013, 07:24 PM
Well this is just furthering the fact that we are a target in the eyes of the law in this country! This can not become the norm where we are marginalized and it is just blown off !!!

Edenchef
12-11-2013, 08:05 PM
This just proves that the Law Enforcement collective has lost it's objectivity with regards to legal gun owners. There is the great injustice (see Police State)! This same group not only enforces gun laws; they make up public firearms policy, with those same laws.....most clearly a serious conflict of interest, situation. I believe that if the CPC is afraid of losing votes by keeping their promise to rescind the current gun laws; they should at least turn the CFO's and licencing offices over to an unbiased, independant, civilian agency. Pity we couldn't make a case in the courts for "entrapment" (just one case to set precedent); since they(LEO's) "setup" the situations many times by their control of the policies and processing of the paperwork involved. JMHO

Cheers!

Camo tung
12-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Well this is just furthering the fact that we are a target in the eyes of the law in this country! This can not become the norm where we are marginalized and it is just blown off !!!

Well we have precious little time remaining to do something about it, 2015 is very close. A change in the governing party combined with the self-appointed policy interpreters (aka the CFO) and the apparently more than willing LE faction certainly spells doom for our favourite pastimes.

They have indicated by their actions that when they come, they're coming for everyone.

blacksmithden
12-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Well...I've made it half way through watching this documentary on how the RCMP completely and utterly destroyed civil rights. Quite frankly, I can't decide whether to be sick to my stomach or mad as hell. One thing is for sure. If I'm ever ordered to evacuate my home, I will evacuate when I'm damned good and ready to leave, and not before...and when I do, I'll be taking ALL of my guns and ammunition with me....RCMP orders be damned. The whole High River travesty has 100% convinced me of that. Ok....time to watch the second half.

Mad Hatter
12-11-2013, 11:55 PM
Well...I've made it half way through watching this documentary on how the RCMP completely and utterly destroyed civil rights. Quite frankly, I can't decide whether to be sick to my stomach or mad as hell. One thing is for sure. If I'm ever ordered to evacuate my home, I will evacuate when I'm damned good and ready to leave, and not before...and when I do, I'll be taking ALL of my guns and ammunition with me....RCMP orders be damned. The whole High River travesty has 100% convinced me of that. Ok....time to watch the second half.

There were a few hundred who refused to evacuate and the RCMP were unable to forcefully evacuate them. My sentiments as well. I will decide when I go and what I take.

blacksmithden
12-12-2013, 12:51 AM
Ok...just finished watching the second half. The only thing to add......I'll be viewing every RCMP officer as having the potential to be more harm than good to me in any situation because they can easily tell that:
1. I am a gun owner.
2. They, without a doubt, look upon me with suspicion, and that they see me not as a citizen, but as nothing more than a threat to them simply because of the hobby I enjoy and the property I own.

This whole thing stinks and just oozes with cause to disband the RCMP once and for all.

Too harsh ? The RCMP will have to prove me wrong...prove to me that they do not condone these acts by criminally charging the members involved with break, enter, theft, and civil rights violations. As is so common with gun owners, lay the charges and let a judge decide. It should not take a committee study to achieve this. All it should require is honest police work and a decent sense of integrity. Unfortunately, I fear that the RCMP have hit rock bottom on both.

Prairie Dog
12-12-2013, 01:10 AM
When/how/why did it change? Growing up in small town Saskatchewan back in the 70's they were a lot different. We used to hang out with most of them (RCMP), hell, I even dated one of the female members for some time. I took Kathy (she was from Ottawa) and a few others out to the farm a couple times to shoot gophers and we all had a great time. Watching her and the others giggle like little school girls was worth the price of admission alone. We partied with them, drank coffee with them, never gave it a second thought that we were hanging out with cops and they us.

Now, I wouldn't trust a cop for love nor money.

What happened?

stevesummit
12-12-2013, 06:36 AM
When/how/why did it change? Growing up in small town Saskatchewan back in the 70's they were a lot different. We used to hang out with most of them (RCMP), hell, I even dated one of the female members for some time. I took Kathy (she was from Ottawa) and a few others out to the farm a couple times to shoot gophers and we all had a great time. Watching her and the others giggle like little school girls was worth the price of admission alone. We partied with them, drank coffee with them, never gave it a second thought that we were hanging out with cops and they us.

What happened?

What has happened is 30 years of social engineering the populace into thinking that we are the enemy! That we are the ones shooting up the street corner in Toronto. We should all look back at the tapes of Allen Rock and Wendy when they were pushing this garbage on us and see where the root of this problem started! The only way we can fight any of this is more people involved in the shooting sports and making sure they all get thier rpal!! Now I try to be involved in as many shoots as I can, but if everyone took one day a year at thier range and hosted an event and made sure there was at least one new shooter we could change the general opinion of the sheep in this country we call home !

Mad Hatter
12-12-2013, 10:20 AM
If I ever get pulled over by an RC it will be hands on the wheel and I won't move. When they ask for "Your papers please" I will say that I am not moving for fear of being shot.

Mad Hatter
12-12-2013, 08:21 PM
An update.

http://youtu.be/BQzBH7G2i5w

Mad Hatter
12-12-2013, 11:30 PM
This whole "fear of us" paranoia is the only reason I'm not putting a GOC sticker on my car. Much as I would love to, it would be like putting a target on my back and saying "come on, harass me!"

blacksmithden
12-12-2013, 11:59 PM

What happened?

Well...I can tell you this. With regard to guns, I haven't changed a bit in the past 30 years. My guns are used for hunting and target shooting...they're locked up with they're not being used....I'm still basically a boring kind of person who tires to be a good neighbor - blew out 2 driveways besides my own tonight with my snow blower....went to my daughters Christmas concert at school tonight (yes, they still call it a Christmas concert). Apparently this is enough to paint a target on my back as a "it's just a matter of time" guaranteed criminal. Me thinks the RCMP should be seeking some professional help for these paranoid delusions they seem to be having more and more frequently.

Prairie Dog
12-13-2013, 12:03 AM
This whole "fear of us" paranoia is the only reason I'm not putting a GOC sticker on my car. Much as I would love to, it would be like putting a target on my back and saying "come on, harass me!"

MH, I say this with full respect for your decision, but isn't that letting them win?

Mad Hatter
12-13-2013, 12:12 AM
MH, I say this with full respect for your decision, but isn't that letting them win?

They haven't won. I have bought two restricted firearms and stockpiled ammo, am buying a third firearm and ammo and feel with that I am figuratively laughing in their face. But the sticker thing would be like rattling the dog's cage. Eventually the dog bites. I know for a fact that the RC's out here in Chestermere like to harass people. Some of them are OK, but others… I'll just stay off their radar and play good little subservient citizen. I'm better to stay under the radar and can make more headway that way.

Edenchef
12-13-2013, 12:51 AM
They haven't won. I have bought two restricted firearms and stockpiled ammo, am buying a third firearm and ammo and feel with that I am figuratively laughing in their face. But the sticker thing would be like rattling the dog's cage. Eventually the dog bites. I know for a fact that the RC's out here in Chestermere like to harass people. Some of them are OK, but others… I'll just stay off their radar and play good little subservient citizen. I'm better to stay under the radar and can make more headway that way.

Yes, with you they have; by "I'll just stay off their radar and play good little subservient citizen"; you are allowing them to direct your behavior. You have been intimidated and conditioned; and, yes you.......fear. Yes, sometimes the dog bites, if you stay away from the cage, you won't get bit, but......the dog wins, because you have been made afraid and the dog is now in control. "Be Free. Be politically incorrect." do you really mean this? This is not a personal attack; I'm trying to show you how they have already gotten to you. Putting a sticker on your vehicle is most definitely "politically incorrect", and it makes a statement about freedom and your choice. Yes, I display mine with pride, but then....I'm not afraid.

Wow! You bought "restricted firearms" and "stockpiled ammo", that makes you feel, how...........dangerous....... a rebel? Question: what will you do with them when they come to take them away from you?

Sorry, I just see this stuff far too much. Yes, you really got to me, tonight, it was a very bad day. Too many people that talk tough and when the time comes to stand up.............. run and hide(sheeple)? Well in my book, talk is cheap. Guess that's how I earned the Maple Leaf. I don't talk; I do, sir! And I'm not afraid!

Cheers!

Camo tung
12-13-2013, 05:30 AM
"I'll just stay off their radar and play good little subservient citizen."

That's exactly how they're conditioning you to behave for the next "High River". Know your rights, and exercise them.

stevesummit
12-13-2013, 07:28 AM
The only way we will take ground back is by standing up and being vocal! This thing of not displaying a simple sticker is bullshit! Display it , be proud and show as many people as you can that we as a whole are nothing to be feared! That's one of the biggest problems we have faced is that you don't see rifles or shot guns in the back window of trucks anymore and that has demonized our sport! People that are educated about our sport don't have an issue with it ( unless they are being paid by a victim services industry).

Mad hatter you seem like a stand up guy ! Well I challenge you to show that more by putting up that GOC sticker on your back window and showing the establishment that they still work for you and that you have done nothing wrong !

Mad Hatter
12-13-2013, 08:20 AM
I'm not afraid stand behind what I say. I am very vocal about my anti government views in the social media using my real identity. I use terms like civil unrest/uprising/revolt all the time. But I do not advertise to the world that I have guns. Driving around advertising that fact results in the dissemination of info is just, IMHO just setting yourself up for targeting by theives.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Mad Hatter
12-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Hit post before I finished. As for action behind words, my reasons for arming myself have absolutely nothing to do with hunting or target shooting or even collecting. I genuinely fear the erosion of our civil rights and the mayhem that may ensue. I will protect myself and in the interim do not need to be targeted by LE for legally owning guns.

Mad Hatter
12-13-2013, 08:31 AM

Haywire1
12-13-2013, 08:37 AM
Putting a sticker on your vehicle or not does nothing to prevent LE from knowing you have firearms that info is available in their computer system already. As far as targeting by thieves, most firearms thefts are matters of opportunity, ie they break in and discover you own them. I proudly run a sticker on both my vehicles. If a thief breaks in he breaks in, a sticker isnt going to affect things one way or another, anymore than an att prevents crime. It is your choice, but dont justify it by "keeping off the radar". Isnt that hard to find out if a person owns firearms. If hey really want to they can follow you home from the range, watch your house etc.

Mad Hatter
12-13-2013, 08:40 AM
Be that as it may, I'm going to minimize it.

Mad Hatter
12-13-2013, 08:48 AM
At least I openly participate as a gun advocate both here and with NFA. There are those that are so secretive that they won't join either. This according to NFA.

Edenchef
12-13-2013, 02:52 PM
At least I openly participate as a gun advocate both here and with NFA. There are those that are so secretive that they won't join either. This according to NFA.

Too true, the proper term for those people is "Quisling". "a traitor who collaborates with an enemy force occupying their country". They lurk about, hiding from taking a stand on any issue, staying "under the radar", but then when they see one side winning, they jump out to claim membership and the benefits and spoils. Just a specialized form of "coward". JMHO

Careful, Hatter. You are sliding in that direction, my friend. Justification of your uncomfortable choices, based on the worse choices of others is the start of the sell out. It is a psychological coping method.

"Be Free. Be politically incorrect."

Cheers!

Mad Hatter
12-13-2013, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=Edenchef;104975]Too true, the proper term for those people is "Quisling". "a traitor who collaborates with an enemy force occupying their country". They lurk about, hiding from taking a stand on any issue, staying "under the radar", but then when they see one side winning, they jump out to claim membership and the benefits and spoils. Just a specialized form of "coward". JMHO

Careful, Hatter. You are sliding in that direction, my friend. Justification of your uncomfortable choices, based on the worse choices of others is the start of the sell out. It is a psychological coping method.

I sincerely hope, Edenchef, that you're not serious with those comments as they pertain to me. You do not know me, or how I think and reason. Because, if so, I'm outa here and you will all have just lost a pro gun advocate from your ranks. I'll still be pro gun. Just not here.

Edenchef
12-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Correct. I do not know you. All I have to go on is what you post. My comments are based solely on that.

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u539/Edenchef/QuislingHuntingPermit_zps6a422c80.jpg (http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/Edenchef/media/QuislingHuntingPermit_zps6a422c80.jpg.html)

Cheers!

Camo tung
12-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Mad hatter you seem like a stand up guy! Well I challenge you to show that more by putting up that GOC sticker on your back window and showing the establishment that they still work for you and that you have done nothing wrong !

Pity the day when they shame the fly-tiers into basements where their self-indulgent little hobby will not be subjected to the "tsk, tsk" of the "cultured" masses.

Mad Hatter
12-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Then you didn't read them very carefully. At least I'm above immature name calling and insults to others on their opinions. I have never berated anyone's opinion here with a personal attack, only stating my point of view on the subject at hand. This is why given time, most forums fail. I hope the moderators will continue to take a strong stance against personal attack.

stevesummit
12-13-2013, 10:44 PM
I don't think what was said was a true personal attack just his perception of what you stated ! And you are free to fight the battles you see fit , I prefer to be more vocal and show my support in a differing manner , but take it for what it's worth ,we are all in the same fight looking for the same end goal

Edenchef
12-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Me, too. Sorry, but I don't see where I "attacked" you; I seriously examined your actions, from another point of view and gave you my opinion of that. As for "immature" name calling, I'm not quite sure where I did that either. I called a certain group of people "Quislings", based on the description you provided of their behavior. I even provided the proper formal definition for that. I also give you warning that your actions and statements might be interpreted by others in a less than flattering manner. Sorry, if I offended you. However my interpretation was echoed by others on the thread, who knows maybe they noticed something, too? Or maybe we are just all wrong? You do, however, seem very quick to take offense and anger, sir. JMHO.

Cheers!

Mad Hatter
12-14-2013, 12:00 AM
Me, too. Sorry, but I don't see where I "attacked" you; I seriously examined your actions, from another point of view and gave you my opinion of that. As for "immature" name calling, I'm not quite sure where I did that either. I called a certain group of people "Quislings", based on the description you provided of their behavior. I even provided the proper formal definition for that. I also give you warning that your actions and statements might be interpreted by others in a less than flattering manner. Sorry, if I offended you. However my interpretation was echoed by others on the thread, who knows maybe they noticed something, too? Or maybe we are just all wrong? You do, however, seem very quick to take offense and anger, sir. JMHO.

Cheers!

I, seemingly inaccurately, interpreted your reference to a Quisling as a direct reference to me and yes, took offence. Apologies. My "actions" (or lack thereof as seen by others) are but my personal choice. What I decide to do in the future, for whatever reason remain to be seen. But they will be my choice. I would never expect others to follow my actions and opinions nor do I want to be expected to follow those of others. As for anger, I was never angry. Miffed, disappointed, yes. But not angry. But I do react quickly. (Not knee jerk though.) A good thing in today's world.

As SteveSummit says, there is but one goal and we're all focused on that. And believe me when I say none more than me. Such a small thing as a sticker should not derail that. Especially when everything else I do promotes our end game. It is a personal choice about which I may or may not change my mind about down the road. But I have the same goals in mind and will work towards that unfailingly. That is why I feel that belonging to the NFA and a good forum such as this are so important.

The ones we have to convince to change their minds are the gun owners who are secret members of the NFA. They get friends to forward all the material to them so that their names stay off the mailing list. That is true paranoia. That's a lot more important than a sticker.

So onward and upward.

Strewth
12-18-2013, 04:01 PM
The ones we have to convince to change their minds are the gun owners who are secret members of the NFA. They get friends to forward all the material to them so that their names stay off the mailing list. That is true paranoia. That's a lot more important than a sticker.

That's wild, but must be true. I'm very sad the NFA forum here doesn't get more activity, but hopefully it comes in time.

stevesummit
12-18-2013, 07:31 PM
That's wild, but must be true. I'm very sad the NFA forum here doesn't get more activity, but hopefully it comes in time.

So how do we get access to the NFA fourm ????