PDA

View Full Version : emergency food -what brand, preference, and quantity?

Canpop
04-22-2012, 09:51 PM
I keep a little dehydrated food in my emergency travel bag.... but it's almost time to rotate it. There's new products coming out all the time. Since I'm going to get new stuff anyhow, are there any brands or preferences you have for meals?

What about the Costco self-heating meals? That sounds like a good idea. Any of those taste good?
I've been using Mountain House, and I keep water and a small stove in my kit. Enough food for 2 people for 3 days.
Recommendations?

FlyingHigh
04-22-2012, 09:53 PM
i like Mountain House foods. they taste good, are light and packable and only require boiling water to cook.

Alpine Aire and Backpacker's Pantry are good too, and offer some choices Mountain House doesn't

Canpop
04-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Yes, Backpackers Pantry I have also tried. I like some of their stuff.
So, nothing really new in the dehydrated food market? I thought the self-heating meals would be getting a long look from people. It sounds handy.

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
04-22-2012, 10:13 PM
you gotta talk to the folks at Briden Solutions (www.bridensolutions.ca) - they carry the Thrive line of high quality, freeze dried foods. Best in the business. They are located in Cochrane, AB but ship all over North America. Tell them we sent ya ;)