PDA

View Full Version : Should I put a bipod on my classic mosin nagant.

Nelson84
12-24-2013, 12:38 AM
It's a sweet rifle even for the $139 price tag. I put a scope on a rail on the rear sight to clear the straight bolt. I got it lined up with a laser. Shoots real good now. But being light weight and a thin barrel it likes to jump a little. So I was thinking on installing a bipod on it. Just have to find a simple sturdy bipod no plastic crap.

Mikthaniel
12-24-2013, 01:04 AM
UTG makes great cheap bipods, and yes, you should. You're already indicating that you might need it, meaning you have a level of "lack of confidence" in your current setup having optimum accuracy, so take the steps to instill full confidence.

And remember...

:pics:

Nelson84
12-24-2013, 02:18 AM
Another issue is finding a muzzle brake for the 91/30. There seems to be lots for the m44 but not much for the full length rifle.

Satain
12-24-2013, 02:19 AM
Amen...
What am I aloud to say that :p

Haywire1
12-24-2013, 07:11 AM
If you feel it needs a bipod, toss one one there. Considering the soviets made a couple million of them, I wouldnt worry to much about the "classic" portion of it. As far as a muzzle brake, why worry about a mosin specific one? Considering it is a 7.62 diameter bullet, fn fals, m14, ect muzzle brakes will work as well. Lots of yanks are beginning to use m14 muzzle brakes on sks' s. I have a clone of an fn brake on my sks. The bullet diameter is the only thing to really worry about.

road kill
12-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Only you can decide whats right for your rifle, beauty or fuctionality is in the eye of the beholder.

Strewth
12-24-2013, 10:28 AM
What style of shooting are you doing? Off the bench I'd recommend a front bag? If you're in the bush with it, by all means put a bipod on it; although a bipod won't really help with jumping? Maybe try shooting sticks first(two sticks/dowels/etc. and a rubber band/hunk of string) to see if a front support is your cup of tea?