PDA

View Full Version : Drive to 12,000 member giveaway. - Not Drawn Contest Requirements not met

jwirecom109
01-01-2014, 08:14 AM
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr198/50calshooter/GOC%20Site/GunOwnersofCanadaLogo2_300pixels.png

Gun Owners of Canada proudly presents…

Drive to 12,000 member giveaway.

1 Tavor, 1 winner!

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc79/kaz53_photos/IWI%20US%20-%20Tavor%20SAR%20-%20UZI%20PRO%20Pistol/IWI-TSB18-TavorSARFT18-Black-RightSide.jpg

Gun Owners of Canada will be pushing to reach at-least 12,000 members by 2014. To do this we have decided to get our membership involved and offering a great prize up for grabs to push the membership up to 12,000 by Dec 31, 2014.

There is a catch, if we don't get to 12,000 before or by Dec 31, 2014, there will be no giveaway, so its in your best interested to get the firearms community involved and onto GOC so we can give this beauty away.

Please read all Rules for this Contest then Enter the contest

9634 Members on Dec 31, 2014 @ 8:00 pm. We fell short of the Giveaway Goal, and the Giveaway has been closed and will not be drawn.

Tavor will be bought from RDSC, www.http://www.rdshootingcentre.ca/ (http://www.http://www.rdshootingcentre.ca/)

Thanks for Giving us a Great Deal.

Make sure to check them out!!

http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/banners/RDSC.png

The Contest

Gun Owners of Canada Inc. has decided to giveaway 1 amazing prize packages to 1 lucky GOC members. The draw will be called when Gun Owners of Canada reaches each membership mark of 12,000 members.

The Rules

Gun Owners of Canada Inc. will be running the Drive to 12,000 member giveaway, from Jan 1, 2014 @ 8:00 am MST to Dec 31, 2014 @ 8:00 pm. During that time the Gun Owners of Canada Membership must rise to the total of 12,000 members. If we reach 12,000 members before the date of Dec 31, 2014 @ 8:00 pm, the draw will be called early, entries will be closed and the draw will happen within 1 week of closing early. The more legitimate members you get signed up the faster the draw will commence. Good Luck to all of our GOC members.

1. No purchase necessary

1.1 Eligibility: The GOC "Drive to 12,000 member giveaway". is open to all legal residents of Canada who are; the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry, are a member in good standing of Gun Owners of Canada and hold an active PAL license.

1.2 Contest Period: The first draw will open Jan 1, 2014 @ 8:00 am MST time and will commence until we've reached 12,000 members or to Dec 31, 2014 @ 8:00 pm .

1.3 Contest Entry: GOC members will fill out an entry forum found inside each thread for each particular draw via a link, upon completion and submission of the entry form, eligible GOC members will be entered into each draw once, for one (1) chance to win. Members will repeat this process for each draw. Once each membership mark has been achieved, that particular draw will be closed and no new entries will be accepted. Additionally, no entry by mail will be accepted.

1.4 Members of the National Firearms Association will receive a Not receive a 2nd entry into the contest.

1.5 Contest Entry Restrictions: Members are restricted to one (1) entry per draw or one (1) entry per household. Gun Owners of Canada Inc. will track entries via IP addresses, if more then one entry per draw comes from the same IP address, both member(s) and their entries will be disqualified from the entire contest. As stated in the Gun Owners of Canada Inc. site rules policy, one account per user, no duplicate accounts can be used to submit more entries. Again, one entry per member, per household, per draw. Exceptions: see rule 1.4.

1.6 Awarding of Prize: The Prize will be awarded to a GOC member via a random number draw. We will contact the winner via PM and/or email to arrange details so that the winning member can claim his/her prize. See section 4 (Winners Selection) for more details.

1.7 Employees of Gun Owners of Canada Inc. and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, and the household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.

1.8 If for any reason Gun Owners of Canada does not reach the 12,000 member mark by Dec 31, 2014 @ 8:00 pm The contest will be cancelled and no prizes will be awarded. This is a membership drive its in everyone's best interest to ensure that GOC gets as many new members as quickly as possible for the giveaway.

General Rules and Policy

2. Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, "authorized account holder" of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each selected entrant may be required to provide the Sponsors with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.

2.1 Each Prize claim is subject to verification by Gun Owners of Canada Inc. and/or its designated representatives. Entries made with multiple IP addresses, under multiple identities, or through the use of any device or artifice to enter multiple times or entries that are in excess of the permitted number of entries during the Contest period are automatically void. All Contest entries obtained through unauthorized sources or which are incomplete, illegible, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, irregular or fraudulent in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules are automatically void. Gun Owners of Canada Inc. will be the sole and final reference source in validating a Prize claim.

2.2 By participating, each member and selected winner agrees: (a) to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of Gun Owners of Canada Inc., (b) to release and hold harmless Gun Owners of Canada Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent dealers, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability for claims/damages including, but not limited to, claims/damages for personal injury, for property damage with respect to acceptance, possession or use or misuse of the Prize or participation in the Contest; (c) to permit Gun Owners of Canada Inc. to use his/her user name, city and province, for advertising or publicity purposes without any additional compensation and (d) the winner agrees to sign a Declaration and Release Form to this effect.

2.3 The decisions of Gun Owners of Canada Inc. in relation to this Contest will be final and binding on all entrants.

2.4 Gun Owners of Canada Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend this Contest, at its sole discretion, in the event of a technical failure, computer virus or bug, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control that corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness or normal operation of the Contest.

2.5 Under no circumstances will Gun Owners of Canada Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent dealers, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies be required to award more Prizes than what is indicated in these Rules or award the Prizes other than in accordance with these Rules.

2.6 The Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and local laws, as well as the rules adopted in view of said laws. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Gun Owners of Canada Inc. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforce-ability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and Gun Owners of Canada Inc. in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction's laws.

2.7 Gun Owners of Canada Inc. will use the entrant's Personal Information only for identified purposes, and protect the entrant's Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with the Gun Owners of Canada Inc. Privacy Policy at: http://gunownersofcanada.ca/show...Privacy-Policy . The personal information provided to enter the Contest will be used only to administer the Contest, and for no other reason.

2.8 All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by Gun Owners of Canada Inc. and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.

2.9 FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.

The Prizes

3. There is 1 prize (each a "Prize") available to be won by the Prize winner. See items listed below. Approximate cost of the Prize is $1999.99; no cash value will be given for prices.

3.1 Winners are not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.

3.2 Prizes will be distributed within six (6) weeks after each Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.

3.3 Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, or substituted, or redeemed for cash except at the sole discretion of Gun Owners of Canada Inc. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. Gun Owners of Canada Inc reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.

3.4 Gun Owners of Canada Inc. shall not assume any liability for any lost or misdirected Prizes.

3.5 Gun Owners of Canada Inc. shall not assume any liability for warranty.

Winner Selection

4. One (1) winners shall be selected as follows:

4.1 The draw will have a membership requirement amount at the time of that amount the contest will close and the draw will be made. Please see details of the contest for what prize is currently being offered. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by Gun Owners of Canada Inc. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a per-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).

4.2 EACH SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY PM OR E-MAIL NO LATER THAN 48 HOURS AFTER THE DRAW AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by email or PM to the email address or contact number provided in the notification, and the selected entrant's response must be received by Gun Owners of Canada Inc. within two (2) business days of such notification. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected at Gun Owners of Canada Inc. sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. Gun Owners of Canada Inc. are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for Gun Owners of Canada Inc. to receive a selected entrant's response.

4.3 If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the entire Contest's closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.

Good Luck to all Gun Owners of Canada Members!

lone-wolf
01-01-2014, 08:29 AM
Boom

dink27
01-01-2014, 08:36 AM
very cool!

rci2950
01-01-2014, 08:48 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7410/11686835815_7537f64559.jpg

awndray
01-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Thanks for doing this, guys. What a prize!

Now, come to poppa!

Spectre
01-01-2014, 09:01 AM
Woohoo! in!

SantaClawz
01-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Nice but I don't feel comfortable giving away my full name, address etc etc.

How about get all that info from the winner, and not all of us? If you win, you have to give all your info.

Thanks but no thanks.

jwirecom109
01-01-2014, 09:22 AM
Like any contest you need to put in your details so that we can validate the entry.

Here is Gun Owners of Canada's Privacy Policy.

http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/faq.php?faq=terms#faq_pol

And we are a pro gun Company (hence the gun giveaway) that backs and is backed my the NFA and CSSA.

awndray
01-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Thanks but no thanks.

Thanks for improving my odds. :)

3MTA3
01-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Thanks

mrg372k9
01-01-2014, 09:36 AM
sweet!, any the chance there's a consolation prize of that aformentioned bacon?

BrotherRockeye
01-01-2014, 09:37 AM

my thoughts exactly... Much obliged !

always wanted a...whatever that cool lookin thing is ;D

jwirecom109
01-01-2014, 09:41 AM
sweet!, any the chance there's a consolation prize of that aformentioned bacon?

Not giving away my bacon

Haywire1
01-01-2014, 09:44 AM
And just to rub it in that mods cant enter, I just got an email telling me about it. Screw it, I am eating a lb of bacon for brekkie. Good luck guys!!

A corrupted individual
01-01-2014, 09:55 AM
When will you be shipping the tavor to me? ;)

SantaClawz
01-01-2014, 09:55 AM

You are welcome, and I hope you win. :)

Mikthaniel
01-01-2014, 09:56 AM
In like Flynn!

Biggs
01-01-2014, 09:56 AM
I love this site!

jwirecom109
01-01-2014, 09:57 AM
I love this site!

Invite more friends then :)

FALover
01-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Another great giveaway! If I should win this Tavor I will offer it as a wedding gift to the first one of my kids who gets married. Beats Tupperware by a long shot!

Haywire1
01-01-2014, 10:09 AM
Well dad, I am engaged.....

stevesummit
01-01-2014, 10:26 AM
I really think that rule 1.7 needs to be amended !!!!!!!!!!! And I think most of the mods will agree!!!!!!!!!!

PoppaW
01-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Now, come to poppa!

My thoughts exactly

Haywire1
01-01-2014, 10:34 AM
I really think that rule 1.7 needs to be amended !!!!!!!!!!! And I think most of the mods will agree!!!!!!!!!!

All kidding aside, us mods cant enter the give aways for a very good reason. Goc wishes to avoid the impression of favoritism, if a mod wins a contest, even legitimately, it doesnt really look good. To avoid this, we simply cant enter. We are aware of this before we become moderators. For one, I think its a great way to handle things. Besides, jwire said he will buy me bacon so its all good

Slug870
01-01-2014, 10:39 AM
In!

What an amazing giveaway! Some lucky member is going to be very, very happy; I hope it's me!!!

Oh, and if I win, I will send each and every Mod 5lbs of bacon!!!

bettercallsaul
01-01-2014, 11:59 AM
I was right!!!!

is it a non-restricted Tavor?

Too bad I don't win for guessing the prize. :(

I entered. What an awesome prize. Hope I win.

jwirecom109
01-01-2014, 12:02 PM
I was right!!!!

There is a first time for everything ;)

DaScribbler
01-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Tavor????

I'm so in!

Thank You :)

Amanda902
01-01-2014, 01:28 PM
Awesome!!!! Thanks!!

KeNd0
01-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Would be a good mechanics day present

Rory McCanuck
01-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Only 5,951 member to go until I get my new toy ;)
Entered!

zguy
01-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Like any contest you need to put in your details so that we can validate the entry.

Here is Gun Owners of Canada's Privacy Policy.

http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/faq.php?faq=terms#faq_pol

And we are a pro gun Company (hence the gun giveaway) that backs and is backed my the NFA and CSSA.

I'm pretty confident about GOC's privacy policy and it being respected.

However, like SantaClawz, I have concerns. No internet site is totally immune to breaches, hacks or data theft. If 1000 members enter the contest and the data is stolen, that's 1000 addresses in the field which the robbers know there are guns at. I don't want my address on that list, thanks.

SantaClaws suggestion is a good one. You should think of a way of making this safe for the participants as much as for GOC.

Haywire1
01-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Ok, before this winds up heading like another giveaway did in the past where a member carried on about privacy concerns, there is a simple solution, if you do not want your info out there at all, dont join the giveaway contest. Our privacy policy is as clear as we can make it, and also as secure. The fact that we do these giveaways on a regular basis sort of requires we verify information. Internet identities are not as secure as people would think, just accessing any site logs your ip address, which can lead to all kinds of discoveries.

I am not bashing those with questions, however as I said, the solution is simple, dont join he contest if your that concerned. This isnt a thread about debating the policy or anything else, it is a giveaway thread, and like jwire stated, with any giveaway, esp firearms, certain details need to be provided.

jwirecom109
01-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Don't enter then.

Its part of the giveaway, don't like it don't enter.

Anyone that has a problem with it front up $2700 and do your own giveaway, just saying.

The site is secure and so is the data, no one is forcing you to enter, but if you want to then follow the rules.

RobertMcC
01-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Done......

Segue2002
01-01-2014, 04:43 PM
That's amazing ! What a prize. I will be directing as much traffic here as possible!!!

castincowboy
01-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Awesome. Great prize. Hope GOC far surpasses 12,000 members. Great forum!

jwirecom109
01-01-2014, 06:24 PM
Awesome. Great prize. Hope GOC far surpasses 12,000 members. Great forum!

we do too :) thanks

Jim
01-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Great prize, this should create some interest.

zulu
01-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Whhhhhhhhaaaaaat a freakin tavor! Geez now im gonna be excited all year. i just got one friend to look into joining. there ive done my part

wpdk
01-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Whoot! Sweet left-handed bullpup action!

I've already told all my friend about GoC, and he's already a member. Guess I have to make new friends to get us to 12,000.

coastal
01-01-2014, 10:28 PM
Holy crap that's unreal! You guys rock!

Mad Hatter
01-02-2014, 12:17 AM
I liked the fact that there was no skill testing question!

Ballsofice
01-02-2014, 12:23 AM
ah what the hell free plastic poodle shooter not normally my cup of tea but free is free

Fusilier
01-02-2014, 06:08 AM
Entered. Thanks.

So how many members do we have here now? How close are we to the magic number!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

jwirecom109
01-02-2014, 07:15 AM
6100 just over half way

KeNd0
01-02-2014, 08:14 AM
NFA entry asks me for an administrator password?

awndray
01-02-2014, 08:18 AM
For entry to the NFA members section: http://gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?10859-members-section

jwirecom109
01-02-2014, 09:15 AM
NFA entry asks me for an administrator password?

Contact [email protected] for the password

Nit-blazer
01-02-2014, 09:46 AM
Please please please please please come and join your friends in my safe

Shawn.Bevins
01-02-2014, 10:48 AM
Beyond NFA members getting a second entry to this contest , NFA members who recruit new NFA members will be put in for our Roundup-to-win contest as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76918135/NFA016_RoundUp_CFJ_V1_X1a-page-001.jpg

mwmwmwmwmwmmdw
01-03-2014, 12:32 AM
wow hopefully the community will see some big growth from this

zguy
01-03-2014, 08:23 AM
Ok, before this winds up heading like another giveaway did in the past where a member carried on about privacy concerns, there is a simple solution, if you do not want your info out there at all, dont join the giveaway contest. Our privacy policy is as clear as we can make it, and also as secure. The fact that we do these giveaways on a regular basis sort of requires we verify information. Internet identities are not as secure as people would think, just accessing any site logs your ip address, which can lead to all kinds of discoveries.

I am not bashing those with questions, however as I said, the solution is simple, dont join he contest if your that concerned. This isnt a thread about debating the policy or anything else, it is a giveaway thread, and like jwire stated, with any giveaway, esp firearms, certain details need to be provided.

Please re-read my post. I was not arguing any policies but merely suggesting this could be done differently (for latter giveaways implied) in order to better ensure personal information security.

This was meant as a constructive comment, not to start a debate. Facts are that highly secure sites get hacked and data is compromised everyday. And you won't have me believe GOC is a such highly secure site to start with. I've been in this field long enough to know.

Now, if you will excuse me, I'll shut-up and go back under my rock.

Haywire1
01-03-2014, 08:31 AM
Zguy, re read mine. I didnt suggest you were arguing policies. We had another giveaway where the thread derailed into an entire debate. I was simply stated this wasnt going to happen in this one. As I said, the solution is a simple one, noone has to enter the contest, should an individual decides that they dont want their info on the net, dont enter the contest. Jwire stated it even simpler, dont want to provide the legally required information, dont enter.

nikobruchev
01-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Definitely in! And now I wish I could sign up for that NFA contest as well :( But I can't afford any more membership fees this year. Maybe next time.

Tbolt
01-04-2014, 10:45 AM
I'm in.

Slug870
01-04-2014, 04:59 PM
I didn't know NFA members get two entries; how do we identify ourselves as NFA members for draw purposes?

Yes, I am an NFA member, lol.

awndray
01-04-2014, 05:18 PM
As seen in the first post...

1.4 Members of the National Firearms Association will receive a 2nd entry into the contest. This link will be found in their private forum on Gun Owners of Canada.

Redlight35
01-05-2014, 01:44 PM
Got my entry in, now to go and find more members.

Where do you post the membership numbers?

JustBen
01-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Best of luck to everyone!

VancouverSkiBum
01-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Got my entry in, now to go and find more members.

Where do you post the membership numbers?

hit forum at the top, and scroll to the very bottom.

bettercallsaul
01-05-2014, 10:52 PM
I'm already noticing more traffic. I hope people stick around.

themikea
01-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Awesome.

jwirecom109
01-07-2014, 07:09 PM
still along way to go, we need a minimum of 16 new members a day to get to the goal, so press all your friends to enter

dwarrick
01-08-2014, 07:34 PM
joined thanks to awndray

webster
01-09-2014, 12:47 PM
I'm in! Twice! Just as soon as I get the password for the NFA members section. :)

NoLimits
01-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Lol, I cant seem to signup for the give away, it wont load the page. could be couse my computer guy has my system locked down tite so I cant screw it up hehe. Ill ask him next time he is in. Oh well, rather have a new shotgun anyways.

RedDragon
01-10-2014, 09:20 AM
Great contest! Thanks!

olbar70
01-14-2014, 03:20 PM
I'm in ��

nikobruchev
01-24-2014, 08:01 PM
I hope I didn't accidentally enter the contest twice :/

EDIT: Ah crap, I did xD Oh well, my loss

KevinF
01-29-2014, 03:15 PM
I think 12000 is a feasible number. I got a few friends to sign up yesterday!

I would be very happy to win this one!

dunl
02-02-2014, 10:59 PM
Appreciate you people doing this for us. Thanks.

TapRoot
02-03-2014, 06:23 PM
So I may have entered awhile ago but I cannot remember, so I entered just now, but I'm second guessing myself...

Can I remove one of my entries?
Sorry!!

Shotty
02-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Terrific promotion to create awareness - I'm now a member thanks to seeing this; thanks guys!

Dee
02-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Im sorry guys felling lucky I think its mine already fingers crossed

jwirecom109
02-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Make sure to invite your friends then the faster we get to 12,000 the faster we give it away, and we have to get to 12k before the 31st of dec

Dee
02-04-2014, 03:35 PM
How much members we currently have

jwirecom109
02-04-2014, 03:50 PM
you can always check current members by going to the front page and scrolling down to the bottom.
but as of today we are Members 6,533

Dee
02-04-2014, 04:34 PM
you can always check current members by going to the front page and scrolling down to the bottom.
but as of today we are Members 6,533

Thanks for the info ill spread the word

Homebrewer1966
02-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Yea baby very awesome sauce

hazmat472
03-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Say hello to member 6,840! This is an awesome idea.... and I'm totally going to win... :D

Mossy715
03-16-2014, 02:35 PM
Thanks

Brokenplay
03-16-2014, 11:47 PM
Thanks...Very Cool !

P12
03-17-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm in, and feeling lucky.

Shalimar
03-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Well I feel lucky >:)

Kickass Idea btw IMO

awndray
04-10-2014, 12:00 PM
7,255 as of this post. C'mon, folks. We can do this!

jwirecom109
04-10-2014, 12:16 PM
Yep we can we just need everyone on the site to invite a friend and we would have around 14500 !!!

So invite 2!

KevinF
04-10-2014, 12:16 PM
7,255 as of this post. C'mon, folks. We can do this!

I have recruited a few of my friends, and if others would do the same, we will easily make the goal.. How can you go wrong?? Sign up for a great site, get entered to win a great gun.

Maybe somebody should make a recruitment post in off-topic.

Rory McCanuck
04-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Well CGN is down, so I imagine we'll have an influx any moment...
Oh, back up now.

jwirecom109
04-12-2014, 10:45 AM
So alittle math for all of you.

GOC needs from Jan 1 to Dec 31 an average of 16.5 people to join the forum each day to make our goal.

to-date we are roughly 300ish people or 3 people per day behind.

Start spreading the word!!

We can't give this away unless we hit 12,000 by Dec 31, 2014

Mil Specs
04-21-2014, 02:55 PM
+1 invites sent

jwirecom109
04-26-2014, 09:38 AM
We created a quick link to help everyone invite friends without the big long link.

www.winatavor.com

Easy enough ;)

Airborn_69
04-26-2014, 08:25 PM
Check!

steyr36
04-26-2014, 09:30 PM
Two invites sent...

ZMBHNTR
04-27-2014, 08:17 PM
Shared and added. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steveo9mm
04-27-2014, 08:31 PM
Spam cgn :evil1:

PRKR
04-27-2014, 09:14 PM
Joined site, how do you enter?

jwirecom109
04-27-2014, 09:43 PM
Red HERE link up at the top

Jay Swizle
05-05-2014, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys! That's awesome!

captain paul
05-29-2014, 08:01 PM
in!!!!!!!!!!!!

M16LR.50
05-30-2014, 07:16 AM
Im in!

Brordo
05-30-2014, 08:48 AM
Just entered...what a great contest!

Canadiansoldner
06-01-2014, 07:47 AM
Just entered! Nice forums! How do I add my 2nd entry for being a member of the NFA?

jwirecom109
06-01-2014, 08:01 AM
you have to access the NFA members only section the link is at the top next to the NFA banner

Canadiansoldner
06-01-2014, 06:57 PM
It asking me for a password from an administrator???

grady450
06-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Good luck everyone

awndray
06-13-2014, 06:31 AM
C,mon, guys. Spread the word!

jwirecom109
06-13-2014, 07:58 AM
C,mon, guys. Spread the word!

Agreed you guys gotta ramp it up Abit lol we are half way through the giveaway and only 2/5s of the people needed for the giveaway is here.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

awndray
06-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Maybe the NFA can start spreading the word. GOC is their official forum, isn't it? :pot:

jwirecom109
06-13-2014, 09:57 AM
Many groups have spread the word including the NFA and CSSA

jdman
06-13-2014, 10:40 AM
It asking me for a password from an administrator???

yeah same here

awndray
06-13-2014, 11:02 AM
Why does that question keep coming up?

Access to NFA members Only Forum. (http://gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?13343-Access-to-NFA-members-Only-Forum)

jdman
06-13-2014, 11:23 AM

Access to NFA members Only Forum. (http://gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?13343-Access-to-NFA-members-Only-Forum)

likely because not everyone is as active as others are on here.

Thanks for the link!

jwirecom109
06-13-2014, 11:54 AM

No one reads their membership paperwork its right in there how to access

jdman
06-13-2014, 11:59 AM
No one reads their membership paperwork its right in there how to access

:red: Yah that is about right, took out the card, and tossed the paperwork

Moparman1303
06-18-2014, 08:46 AM
So i entered the contest but how do i get my extra ticket due to being an NFA Member? How do i gain access to NFA forum here?

awndray
06-18-2014, 09:45 AM
Look up.

Flying_Finn
06-30-2014, 01:23 PM
Contest worked to get me to finally sit down and join! (but really it's worth joining anyway ;).

Zinilin
06-30-2014, 03:07 PM
Mods:
In the section
--
Rules:
1.4 Members of the National Firearms Association will receive a Not receive a 2nd entry into the contest.
--

Please clarify or edit for clarity. " will receive a Not receive a".

jwirecom109
06-30-2014, 04:41 PM
Previously the GOC was encouraging growth of the NFA by offering a second entry to NFA members as we no longer have any relationship with lobbyist groups the rules have been updated to inform people they will no longer receive a 2nd entry for being NFA members. All entries till the update will be honored.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jdman
07-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Previously the GOC was encouraging growth of the NFA by offering a second entry to NFA members as we no longer have any relationship with lobbyist groups the rules have been updated to inform people they will no longer receive a 2nd entry for being NFA members. All entries till the update will be honored.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
what happened there? why no relationship with NFA/CSSA? WTF... not even a forum here anymore?

jwirecom109
07-01-2014, 01:33 PM
what happened there? why no relationship with NFA/CSSA?

http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?14874-NFA

jdman
07-01-2014, 01:38 PM
alrighty then.

Drache
07-01-2014, 05:05 PM
submitted

Rockinrobbin
07-10-2014, 12:38 AM
not sure how this works ...

awndray
07-10-2014, 04:59 AM
Everything you need to know is in the first post.

Gaidheal
07-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Do we know how many we have yet?

jwirecom109
07-10-2014, 02:55 PM
Around 8200 we started the year at 6000 we are over half way and not at the half way mark of 9000 so you guys better catch up in the last 5 months

BrotherRockeye
07-10-2014, 03:50 PM
No longer having a link on the NFA sight might slows things down a tad...

So if we don't make 12K, who gets to keep the Tavor jwirecom109 ?

...that wouldn't have anything to do with the dis affiliation would it..? hmmmm :pot:

jk ;D

jwirecom109
07-10-2014, 04:57 PM
No longer having a link on the NFA sight might slows things down a tad...

So if we don't make 12K, who gets to keep the Tavor jwirecom109 ?

...that wouldn't have anything to do with the dis affiliation would it..? hmmmm :pot:

jk ;D
NFA link didn't do much for us the amount of entries were a handful and mostly already members although we actively promoted them we didn't see the same return for the contest.

RAYE
07-17-2014, 08:55 PM
This is very cool. Thank you for the opportunity. Good luck to everyone.

Gaidheal
07-23-2014, 04:31 PM
Any new members today?

awndray
07-24-2014, 05:14 AM
I'm guessing 25 or so - not enough if you ask me. There were 8,444 when I posted this: http://gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?12556-Logged-in-as-guest&p=161249#post161249

jwirecom109
07-24-2014, 06:13 AM
35 members

Gaidheal
07-24-2014, 06:17 AM
Do they all know they can help me win? haha

KheSanh
07-25-2014, 04:59 AM
How do we see how many total members there are?

I learned about this site after it was mentioned in a CGN post.... hmmm..theres an idea..but Id prob get banned there for advertising this site..

awndray
07-25-2014, 05:21 AM
This has to be one of the most popular questions on this site.

Main page. Scroll down.

whitetitus
09-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Very sweet, Cheers

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

awndray
09-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Folks, we're currently at 8,792 members. We only have 118 days left to reach our goal! We need at least 27 new members per day to let the Tavor go!

Brian N
09-29-2014, 06:10 AM
8,993 members when I joined this morning. September 29, 2014.
Only 3,007 to go in 93 days. Or, 33 members per day.

Waynetheman
10-21-2014, 09:47 PM
Doesn't look on track to make it. :(

THE_SASQUATCH
10-28-2014, 02:00 PM
Doesn't look on track to make it. :(

Stay Positive!

it can still happen!

Remote Six
11-10-2014, 09:25 PM
Keep inviting people, we can still make this happen

SIR VEYOR
11-11-2014, 07:07 AM
Have dougM tweet it out on all the press and gun control threads he's following. A place for balanced discussion, and once you've become properly educated, you can enter for the "complimentary" gun, awarded every 12,000 membership approvals....

Doug_M
11-11-2014, 07:12 AM
Have dougM tweet it out on all the press and gun control threads he's following. A place for balanced discussion, and once you've become properly educated, you can enter for the "complimentary" gun, awarded every 12,000 membership approvals....
Lol!

Gaidheal
11-28-2014, 11:39 PM
lost cause

jwirecom109
11-29-2014, 07:49 AM
lost cause

1 month to go, each member invites 1 person done in half a day, depends on if people act or not.

Haywire1
11-29-2014, 09:16 AM
Hey I am trying here. I have probably invited 40 people in the last two months...

Waynetheman
11-29-2014, 12:43 PM
I try :/ invited a bunch of people, a couple have joined just cause I asked, but never seem to post. Other people say sure I'll check it out but never do.

M16LR.50
12-05-2014, 08:15 AM
JW sent you a message.

jwirecom109
12-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Last push guys, less then a month to go.

We supplied the prize, help us out by adding 1 member each to the forum.

PMs and Emails sent as reminders. Don't want to miss anyone's chance to get in on it.

kingdarb
12-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Is there a joining link we can send to new prospective members?

Also: How do I tell if I entered the contest? I think I did but I believe that one can only enter once, so I want to make sure that I did.

Thanks!

awndray
12-09-2014, 12:13 PM
The same link you used when you came here for the first time.

http://gunownersofcanada.ca/register.php

mayo
12-09-2014, 07:01 PM
:red::red::red::red::red::red::red::red::red::red: :red::cool1::confused1:

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr198/50calshooter/GOC%20Site/GunOwnersofCanadaLogo2_300pixels.png

Gun Owners of Canada proudly presents…

Drive to 12,000 member giveaway.

1 Tavor, 1 winner!

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc79/kaz53_photos/IWI%20US%20-%20Tavor%20SAR%20-%20UZI%20PRO%20Pistol/IWI-TSB18-TavorSARFT18-Black-RightSide.jpg

Gun Owners of Canada will be pushing to reach at-least 12,000 members by 2014. To do this we have decided to get our membership involved and offering a great prize up for grabs to push the membership up to 12,000 by Dec 31, 2014.

There is a catch, if we don't get to 12,000 before or by Dec 31, 2014, there will be no giveaway, so its in your best interested to get the firearms community involved and onto GOC so we can give this beauty away.

Please read all Rules for this Contest then Enter the contest >>> Here (www.gunownersofcanada.ca/application-forms.php?appid=1) <<<

Tavor will be bought from RDSC, www.http://www.rdshootingcentre.ca/

Thanks for Giving us a Great Deal.

Make sure to check them out!!

http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/banners/RDSC.png

The Contest

Gun Owners of Canada Inc. has decided to giveaway 1 amazing prize packages to 1 lucky GOC members. The draw will be called when Gun Owners of Canada reaches each membership mark of 12,000 members.

The Rules

Gun Owners of Canada Inc. will be running the Drive to 12,000 member giveaway, from Jan 1, 2014 @ 8:00 am MST to Dec 31, 2014 @ 8:00 pm. During that time the Gun Owners of Canada Membership must rise to the total of 12,000 members. If we reach 12,000 members before the date of Dec 31, 2014 @ 8:00 pm, the draw will be called early, entries will be closed and the draw will happen within 1 week of closing early. The more legitimate members you get signed up the faster the draw will commence. Good Luck to all of our GOC members.

1. No purchase necessary

1.1 Eligibility: The GOC "Drive to 12,000 member giveaway". is open to all legal residents of Canada who are; the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry, are a member in good standing of Gun Owners of Canada and hold an active PAL license.

1.2 Contest Period: The first draw will open Jan 1, 2014 @ 8:00 am MST time and will commence until we've reached 12,000 members or to Dec 31, 2014 @ 8:00 pm .

1.3 Contest Entry: GOC members will fill out an entry forum found inside each thread for each particular draw via a link, upon completion and submission of the entry form, eligible GOC members will be entered into each draw once, for one (1) chance to win. Members will repeat this process for each draw. Once each membership mark has been achieved, that particular draw will be closed and no new entries will be accepted. Additionally, no entry by mail will be accepted.

1.5 Contest Entry Restrictions: Members are restricted to one (1) entry per draw or one (1) entry per household. Gun Owners of Canada Inc. will track entries via IP addresses, if more then one entry per draw comes from the same IP address, both member(s) and their entries will be disqualified from the entire contest. As stated in the Gun Owners of Canada Inc. site rules policy, one account per user, no duplicate accounts can be used to submit more entries. Again, one entry per member, per household, per draw. Exceptions: see rule 1.4.

1.6 Awarding of Prize: The Prize will be awarded to a GOC member via a random number draw. We will contact the winner via PM and/or email to arrange details so that the winning member can claim his/her prize. See section 4 (Winners Selection) for more details.

1.7 Employees of Gun Owners of Canada Inc. and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, and the household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.

1.8 If for any reason Gun Owners of Canada does not reach the 12,000 member mark by Dec 31, 2014 @ 8:00 pm The contest will be cancelled and no prizes will be awarded. This is a membership drive its in everyone's best interest to ensure that GOC gets as many new members as quickly as possible for the giveaway.

General Rules and Policy

2. Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, "authorized account holder" of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each selected entrant may be required to provide the Sponsors with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.

2.1 Each Prize claim is subject to verification by Gun Owners of Canada Inc. and/or its designated representatives. Entries made with multiple IP addresses, under multiple identities, or through the use of any device or artifice to enter multiple times or entries that are in excess of the permitted number of entries during the Contest period are automatically void. All Contest entries obtained through unauthorized sources or which are incomplete, illegible, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, irregular or fraudulent in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules are automatically void. Gun Owners of Canada Inc. will be the sole and final reference source in validating a Prize claim.

2.2 By participating, each member and selected winner agrees: (a) to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of Gun Owners of Canada Inc., (b) to release and hold harmless Gun Owners of Canada Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent dealers, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability for claims/damages including, but not limited to, claims/damages for personal injury, for property damage with respect to acceptance, possession or use or misuse of the Prize or participation in the Contest; (c) to permit Gun Owners of Canada Inc. to use his/her user name, city and province, for advertising or publicity purposes without any additional compensation and (d) the winner agrees to sign a Declaration and Release Form to this effect.

2.3 The decisions of Gun Owners of Canada Inc. in relation to this Contest will be final and binding on all entrants.

2.4 Gun Owners of Canada Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend this Contest, at its sole discretion, in the event of a technical failure, computer virus or bug, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control that corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness or normal operation of the Contest.

2.5 Under no circumstances will Gun Owners of Canada Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent dealers, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies be required to award more Prizes than what is indicated in these Rules or award the Prizes other than in accordance with these Rules.

2.6 The Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and local laws, as well as the rules adopted in view of said laws. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Gun Owners of Canada Inc. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforce-ability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and Gun Owners of Canada Inc. in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction's laws.

2.7 Gun Owners of Canada Inc. will use the entrant's Personal Information only for identified purposes, and protect the entrant's Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with the Gun Owners of Canada Inc. Privacy Policy at: http://gunownersofcanada.ca/show...Privacy-Policy . The personal information provided to enter the Contest will be used only to administer the Contest, and for no other reason.

2.8 All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by Gun Owners of Canada Inc. and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.

2.9 FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.

The Prizes

3. There is 1 prize (each a "Prize") available to be won by the Prize winner. See items listed below. Approximate cost of the Prize is $1999.99; no cash value will be given for prices.

3.1 Winners are not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.

3.2 Prizes will be distributed within six (6) weeks after each Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.

3.3 Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, or substituted, or redeemed for cash except at the sole discretion of Gun Owners of Canada Inc. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. Gun Owners of Canada Inc reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.

3.4 Gun Owners of Canada Inc. shall not assume any liability for any lost or misdirected Prizes.

3.5 Gun Owners of Canada Inc. shall not assume any liability for warranty.

Winner Selection

4. One (1) winners shall be selected as follows:

4.1 The draw will have a membership requirement amount at the time of that amount the contest will close and the draw will be made. Please see details of the contest for what prize is currently being offered. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by Gun Owners of Canada Inc. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a per-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).

4.2 EACH SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY PM OR E-MAIL NO LATER THAN 48 HOURS AFTER THE DRAW AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by email or PM to the email address or contact number provided in the notification, and the selected entrant's response must be received by Gun Owners of Canada Inc. within two (2) business days of such notification. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected at Gun Owners of Canada Inc. sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. Gun Owners of Canada Inc. are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for Gun Owners of Canada Inc. to receive a selected entrant's response.

4.3 If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the entire Contest's closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.

Good Luck to all Gun Owners of Canada Members!

ChrisHunts
12-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Love it................................Thanks

Lorenz
12-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Awesome site !!!!! Thanks for the contest

fireguy
12-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Awesome site !!!!! Thanks for the contest

Agree on both fronts! One invitation sent, others in progress :)

leibermuster
12-10-2014, 01:27 PM
I recommend this website regardless but a Tavor would be amazing.

Mikthaniel
12-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Well I just invited about 600 people... We'll see if that helps...

dunamis
12-10-2014, 03:56 PM
I am looking for info on how I enter but can't find the link...anyone able to help out a newbie?

zulu
12-10-2014, 05:00 PM
I've got a few confirmed previous plus the random stickers I left out. I could probley get a couple more. However I doubt we can make it although it was a great prize. Maybe next year

CAINESY
12-16-2014, 08:16 PM
Now, that's a PRIZE!!!!

ronwarr
12-17-2014, 06:32 AM
Wouldn't this be cool in my stocking...actually the gun safe

twistedbrilliance
12-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Shared this on my facebook and sent some personal invites. Really hope we can make the 12,000 mark!

MichaelMarl
12-17-2014, 03:42 PM
I feel like 323 is my number today.Thanks.

Wait.......Are mods exempt from forum giveaways and contests?

webster
12-17-2014, 08:36 PM
Posted a link on my FB, most of my friends don't give a sh!t about guns or are full-on antis, though, so we'll see how that goes. We all need to try to make this happen.

Colinbarrie
12-18-2014, 10:59 AM
Here's hoping

jwirecom109
12-29-2014, 07:06 PM
Gun Owners of Canada would like to thank all the members that have helped promote this giveaway.

With 2 days left and 2500 members, It seems unreachable to make our mark by the closing date.

Don't Worry we have a bunch of Great giveaways planned next year, including a couple firearms and our first Restricted giveaway.

topher
12-29-2014, 07:57 PM
Posted a link on my FB, most of my friends don't give a sh!t about guns or are full-on antis, though, so we'll see how that goes. We all need to try to make this happen.
Ya... I know that feeling... other day we were discussing gov't in efficiency... I brought up how how since the lgr was removed and no got fired.. the restricted registry time has increased.. as soon as they figured it had anything to do with guns I was told off... even though I want trying to discuss guns... just inefficiency

Roberthamilton
12-30-2014, 02:49 PM
Proud of the nfa

jwirecom109
12-31-2014, 08:45 PM
9634 Members on Dec 31, 2014 @ 8:00 pm.
We fell short of the Giveaway Goal, and the Giveaway has been closed and will not be drawn.
Thank you to all the members that recruited to GOC, and the new members for joining.
We will have some great giveaways coming up for 2015 so stay tuned.