PDA

View Full Version : CORE Course Teachers.

VancouverSkiBum
01-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows a good person to challenge the test with in the lower mainland.

Does anyone know Dylan Eyers, Marshall Lowen, or Michael Trapp? they are listed online as the Vancouver teachers, as of November 2012.

Should I expect to pay him/her more than 10$ to meet up and take the test?

Thanks.

Candychikita
01-09-2014, 11:35 AM
i used this guy 604-532-5980 in langley. of course i can't remember the guy's name for the life of me...

i believe it's against the law for them to charge more than $10...

you seriously just need to know the highlighted stuff in the book. :D good luck :D :D

VancouverSkiBum
01-28-2014, 05:13 PM
Thanks Candy ;). IVe phoned 5 people now with no luck... last guy has yet to get back to me, I just phoned him a couple hours ago. Everyone else was busy or not doing a class for about a month. Hopefully this last guy gets back to me or I may have to go for a bit of a drive to take the test... :(

Strewth
01-28-2014, 05:41 PM
Dave at Hical.ca?It's in Mission, so a bit of a drive? A lot more than $10 on the website though, maybe that's for challenging all the courses...phone and ask.

VancouverSkiBum
01-28-2014, 07:24 PM
Just got a call back! Guy named Al in Burnaby is open! Looks like i'm doing the test on Monday, just have to call him on the weekend to confirm! :D

Satain
01-28-2014, 08:56 PM
Just got a call back! Guy named Al in Burnaby is open! Looks like i'm doing the test on Monday, just have to call him on the weekend to confirm! :D
Yep he is good and also Salvatore @ Vancouver Gun Club. Don't know why it's called that since it is a shotgun only place out in Richmond down by the auto mall but none the less he is quite good too.

VancouverSkiBum
01-28-2014, 10:40 PM
I remember you had said that before, I had called and asked about it and they said they dont do anything like that there. Perhaps I should of asked for Salvatore directly, he must do it on the side? I go and shoot trap there sometimes.

VancouverSkiBum
02-03-2014, 10:12 PM
Did it today, passed well! Al was a really nice guy to deal with. A special thanks to Candy for letting me borrow her CORE manual. That really helped out a lot! That bird section, I tell ya.... hopefully should have my # in the mail in the next week or two!

http://i.imgur.com/ylMSY6G.gif

Candychikita
02-04-2014, 11:16 AM
:D glad it helped. congratulations :D

VancouverSkiBum
02-13-2014, 08:08 PM
annnnnd sent away for my BCWF membership today for half price :D . Surprised to see Toshiba in the discounts... anyone used that discount from them before for something? Also like the italian sporting goods discounts, except they are in my not so good book right now and have to redeem themselves.

Satain
02-14-2014, 01:54 AM
You get other discounts too with your BCWF. Like Marks Work Warehouse and Sandman hotels to name a few. Plus off road insurance too.

VancouverSkiBum
02-14-2014, 02:37 AM
It should pay for its self in no time! :D