PDA

View Full Version : Pro Gun CPC Candidate For MP Macleod (High River)

Mad Hatter
01-24-2014, 12:05 AM
Melissa Mathieson is running for MP Macleod. She has posted her position on legal gun ownership. Something seems to be happening.

http://www.electmathieson.ca/firearms/

POLICY

RESPECTING LAW ABIDING GUN OWNERS IN MACLEOD
BACKGROUND

Our Conservative Government has a long record of supporting the safe and responsible use of firearms. For over seventeen years the Conservative Party of Canada opposed the wasteful and ineffective long-gun registry. In 2012 Prime Minister Harper triumphed against Liberal and NDP opposition and scrapped it entirely. Law-abiding farmers, hunters and rural Canadians in Macleod are no longer forced to waste their valuable time and resources dealing with red tape, bureaucracy, and over-regulation.

However, even though the long-gun registry has been eliminated, other politicians have targeted the rights of rural Canadians, duck hunters, sport shooters and other long-gun owners by threatening to bring it back. The leader of the NDP, Thomas Mulcair, has clearly said he would reinstate the registry, if he were given the chance.
My Stance

The people of Macleod can count on me to make sure that the long gun registry is never reinstated. As Macleod’s Member of Parliament, I promise to be there to advocate on behalf of firearms owners and stand up to those who seek to punish responsible gun owners and treat them as criminals. I am a strong advocate and supporter of safe and responsible firearm ownership and believe that the rights of firearms owners need to be protected. I will oppose wasteful regulations and programs that target law-abiding gun owners and make sure that gun owners are never treated as criminals. Under my watch, taxpayer dollars will not be spent on wasteful programs that fail to prevent crime.

As your MP, I would see that the rules for gun owners be made clearer, more predictable and streamlined. Constituents in Macleod deserve a system that they can easily navigate and comply with, and I intend to do all that I can to bring much-needed common sense back into the equation.

Specifically, I believe that licenses should be valid for at least ten years, as opposed to five, and that government should cut red tape associated with the licensing process. A good starting point would be to combine the two existing forms of licenses (PAL and POL) into one. I also strongly believe that the RCMP’s unilateral reclassification of firearms should be curtailed so that arbitrary decisions no longer dictate which firearms responsible owners can and cannot possess. Responsible gun owners are not a threat to public safety, violent criminals are.

Strewth
01-24-2014, 12:50 AM
Well, that's refreshing to hear. If I lived there I would support her. Although I'd really work the abolishment of ATTs as another easy stab at wastefulness.

stevesummit
01-24-2014, 07:05 AM
Well it does sound good and I hope she gets the support needed , the proof will be in the pudding down the road when she is in the house ! Harper said he wanted to be rid of c-68 at one point in time and I think we all know where that is now !!!

Waterloomike
01-24-2014, 09:21 AM
Licenses should be eliminated and limitations are pointless.

killer kane
01-24-2014, 12:37 PM
That's right, lawful use and enjoyment of my legal PRIVATE property.

Mad Hatter
01-24-2014, 01:06 PM
Apparently her family home was targeted by the goon squad, door kicked in, guns seized...

Stephen
01-24-2014, 07:10 PM
Sounds good but they need to smarten up or they will not get another majority. Firearms alone will not win it for them.

Waterloomike
01-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Sounds good but they need to smarten up or they will not get another majority. Firearms alone will not win it for them.

Possibly. but not having a strong enough pro gun plank on firearms, could cost them just enough of the firearms community to lose it.

Mad Hatter
01-24-2014, 08:50 PM
So George Canyon has just announced he is throwing his hat into the ring for a CPC MP in Okotoks. Wonder what his official statement on firearms will be.

chickengeorge
01-26-2014, 08:33 AM
Melissa Mathieson is running for MP Macleod. She has posted her position on legal gun ownership. Something seems to be happening.

http://www.electmathieson.ca/firearms/

POLICY

RESPECTING LAW ABIDING GUN OWNERS IN MACLEOD
BACKGROUND

Our Conservative Government has a long record of supporting the safe and responsible use of firearms. For over seventeen years the Conservative Party of Canada opposed the wasteful and ineffective long-gun registry. In 2012 Prime Minister Harper triumphed against Liberal and NDP opposition and scrapped it entirely. Law-abiding farmers, hunters and rural Canadians in Macleod are no longer forced to waste their valuable time and resources dealing with red tape, bureaucracy, and over-regulation.

However, even though the long-gun registry has been eliminated, other politicians have targeted the rights of rural Canadians, duck hunters, sport shooters and other long-gun owners by threatening to bring it back. The leader of the NDP, Thomas Mulcair, has clearly said he would reinstate the registry, if he were given the chance.
My Stance

The people of Macleod can count on me to make sure that the long gun registry is never reinstated. As Macleod’s Member of Parliament, I promise to be there to advocate on behalf of firearms owners and stand up to those who seek to punish responsible gun owners and treat them as criminals. I am a strong advocate and supporter of safe and responsible firearm ownership and believe that the rights of firearms owners need to be protected. I will oppose wasteful regulations and programs that target law-abiding gun owners and make sure that gun owners are never treated as criminals. Under my watch, taxpayer dollars will not be spent on wasteful programs that fail to prevent crime.

As your MP, I would see that the rules for gun owners be made clearer, more predictable and streamlined. Constituents in Macleod deserve a system that they can easily navigate and comply with, and I intend to do all that I can to bring much-needed common sense back into the equation.

Specifically, I believe that licenses should be valid for at least ten years, as opposed to five, and that government should cut red tape associated with the licensing process. A good starting point would be to combine the two existing forms of licenses (PAL and POL) into one. I also strongly believe that the RCMP’s unilateral reclassification of firearms should be curtailed so that arbitrary decisions no longer dictate which firearms responsible owners can and cannot possess. Responsible gun owners are not a threat to public safety, violent criminals are.

would she be interested in being cloned?

Edenchef
01-26-2014, 12:26 PM
would she be interested in being cloned?

It is not possible to clone a politician.......they can only be clowned!

Cheers!

Mad Hatter
01-26-2014, 07:09 PM
It is not possible to clone a politician.......they can only be clowned!

Cheers!

Except in this case she was herself a victim of the Gestapo door kicking gun seizing civil rights violating kerfluffel that went down in High River. She may have a hidden agenda??

jwirecom109
01-26-2014, 07:19 PM
She will be joining GOC and some other industry members for a private range Event on the 2nd.
Stay tunes for Photos next week.

Waterloomike
01-26-2014, 07:39 PM
I have to admit, her being a victim, makes me feel a bit more supportive

but I will never support licensing or limitations.

I might be tempted to donate. Certainly before I will donate to Braid in this riding.

She should be a shoo in.

Edenchef
01-26-2014, 07:53 PM
She will be joining GOC and some other industry members for a private range Event on the 2nd.

Now, I like that! We need to get more CPC MP's out shooting. That is how we will get changes. Good stuff!!!

Cheers!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mad Hatter
01-26-2014, 07:54 PM

Cool! How did you pull that off?

jwirecom109
01-26-2014, 09:25 PM
She called me

Mad Hatter
01-26-2014, 09:47 PM
If only all things could be so simple.

stevesummit
01-27-2014, 07:11 AM
I look forward to coming down and meeting her and seeing how she handles the situation !!

WESCAN
01-27-2014, 01:47 PM
I applaud your effort. More proactive moves like this are what we need.

telecaster
01-27-2014, 09:50 PM
Thanks for posting that. Interesting.

Phil R
02-23-2014, 01:41 PM
You might want to ask if any of the Macleod MP candidates actually own guns and use guns on a regular basis. Although I don't live in High River, my parents do and I was born in High River and want all of the same things dealt with. The difference being is that I actually own guns and shoot them regularly. This of course is a civil liberty and property rights issue that is much bigger than just guns. Thank you all for standing up for things that most people don't even know they have lost or are loosing. Cheers, Phil Rowland.

FLOYDER
03-02-2014, 10:28 AM
I would vote for her if I was in her riding

Waterloomike
03-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Although I like her, I would vote for the candidate with the stronger stance, if I was in their riding.