PDA

View Full Version : Bow River Electoral District

Amanda902
02-05-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm curious to see who will run in my area. Word is George Canyon. Yes, you read that correctly. George Canyon, the country singer. I figure we can't possibly do any worse than LaVar Payne. Sorry Med Hatters, he's your problem now.

Mad Hatter
02-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Is Mr. Canyon pro gun?

jwirecom109
02-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Bow River
Award-winning country music artist George Canyon has announced his intentions to seek the Conservative Party nomination in the new Bow River riding. Mr. Canyon will coordinate his campaign with John Barlow, who is seeking the Conservative by-election nomination in neighbouring Macleod riding (an eastern portion of the new Foothills riding will become part of Bow River when the next federal general election is called).

While he would be a star candidate for the Conservatives, he is expected to be joined by a large group of local conservatives interested in seeking the nomination.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

Mad Hatter
02-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Bow River
Award-winning country music artist George Canyon has announced his intentions to seek the Conservative Party nomination in the new Bow River riding. Mr. Canyon will coordinate his campaign with John Barlow, who is seeking the Conservative by-election nomination in neighbouring Macleod riding (an eastern portion of the new Foothills riding will become part of Bow River when the next federal general election is called).

While he would be a star candidate for the Conservatives, he is expected to be joined by a large group of local conservatives interested in seeking the nomination.

Guess that answers that question.

BrotherRockeye
02-05-2014, 05:46 PM
I think he gives a testimonial for the other sh!t heel iirc...

Amanda902
02-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Oh great. From what I can tell, his work with Barlow was prior to Barlow shooting himself in the foot. Canyon hasn't said anything since that I can see, and I can't find anything on his opinion of firearms. He invites folks to contact him on his FB page, so I will do just that.

I haven't heard anything about anyone else running for this area.

BrotherRockeye
02-07-2014, 10:18 AM
you might wanna give George the heads up that now would be a good time to distance himself...like swimming away from a sinking ship so you don't get sucked under in the swirl.

Mad Hatter
02-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Just posted this over there:

Mr. Canyon: I understand that you are co-ordinating your campaign with Mr John Barlow who has recently made it quite clear that he supports the illegal and quite frankly, treasonous infractions by the government and RCMP against Charter, Civil and Property rights of law abiding Canadians. I do not know what your stance is on these rights or your stance on legal gun ownership, but Mr. Barlow has pretty much lost his race in Macleod on these issues alone. Two other CPC candidates there are pro-gun and pro rights. You might, depending on your views in this area want to distance yourself from Mr. Barlow's campaign. I, as well as other Albertans would be very interested in hearing your opinions in this area. Feel free to post on Concerned Gun Owners of Alberta's FB page as well as join the Gun Owners of Canada forum where two other pro-gun/pro-rights CPC candidates have joined and actively participate.

BrotherRockeye
02-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Well put, I would like to hear what he has to say.

Mad Hatter
02-08-2014, 11:24 AM
Well it's been 24 hours since I posted there and still no response from him or his followers. Guess he runs by the out of sight, out of mind policy.

Relic49
02-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Doesn't look like G.C. knows how to answer that question.

killer kane
02-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Well I hope that the people seeing that will know how to answer.

Mad Hatter
02-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Still no response. From anyone. Put up a FB page and voila... Entertainers should stay out of politics, and politicians should most definitely stay out of entertainment, although that is what they seem to do best - entertain.

jwirecom109
02-09-2014, 12:46 PM
call and record ;)

BrotherRockeye
02-09-2014, 05:43 PM
Well it's been 24 hours since I posted there and still no response from him or his followers. Guess he runs by the out of sight, out of mind policy.

you mean if he thinks he's out of our sights he's out of his mind?

;D

Mad Hatter
02-09-2014, 06:07 PM
you mean if he thinks he's out of our sights he's out of his mind?

;D

Kinda says it!

newshooter
03-24-2014, 09:46 AM
Bow River

The last thing we need is another celebrity going into politics. They think way way to highly of themselves, especially this George Canyon felllow whoever he is. He isn't much different from a Kardashian IMO. He's probably in it to sell more albums. Duffy and Wallen were good examples of why to keep celebrities out of politics. George Canyon is very naive if he thinks he's going to walk away with that riding.