PDA

View Full Version : Blue Force Gear - Because you su&k and we hate you! Dollar Drop + Price increase

Ben
02-07-2014, 08:07 AM
As much as I really like the BFG products that I've used in the past years, I just couldn't bring myself in completing the order I had for some BFG Helium Whisper Ten Speed pouches.

A bit of background info:

- As of Wednesday evening, a BFG HW Ten Speed triple mag pouch retailed for $34 ($29 for the single + $3 for the triple model).

- As of yesterday evening the same pouch retails for...$55.

Yes - you read that correctly - $55! What does this equal too you ask?...a 62% price jump. Let me repeat that...SIXTY-TWO PERCENT!!!!

How can this be? Well our dollar has taken a bit of a nose-dive in the last couple of months and now sits at $0.90USD, so effectively 10% lower than the Greenback, but BFG took it upon them to pull an H&K on us and tagged a 50% price hike on top of it.

I havenít looked at the rest of their product line to compare the pricing as I have no intention on purchasing from them.

coastal
02-07-2014, 08:32 AM
Well that sucks for you! Good thing you were watching it and didn't get duped.

BrotherRockeye
02-07-2014, 10:28 AM
no different than dealers who up the price of old stock brass...

or gas gouging...

or...

or...

TV-PressPass
02-07-2014, 10:39 AM
I had been oogling their belts, wondering if it was worth the jump.

But no longer.

Back to Tasmanian Tiger! The source of all my soft cloth joys.

Strewth
02-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Which dealer?
On the Blue Force site out of the States (Georgia?) the pouch is $49? Looks like the company's upped the price across the board? The profitability of popularity?

Satain
02-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Guys this is just the beginning of all USA products dramatically increasing in price. This has all been foretold and is a direct result of Obmacare. Any company who has more than a certain amount of people working for them has just seen on average a 200% increase in there healthcare cost witch is now rippling threw all fields of employment in the states. Last year was the last year of reasonably priced quality goods coming out of the States.
As of 2014 I am either going to buy high end European goods or low end Chinese goods as much as possible cause the value in the USA in my point of view is no longer there.

Ben
02-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Well that sucks for you! Good thing you were watching it and didn't get duped.

I've got hundreds of $$ in their product and was pretty much up to date on the pricing and then from one day to another...KaPow!

Ben
02-07-2014, 04:38 PM
I had been oogling their belts, wondering if it was worth the jump.

But no longer.

Back to Tasmanian Tiger! The source of all my soft cloth joys.

I really like my HSGI belt and TACO pouches; solid product all around.

Haven't had the chance to try out any of the TasmTiger products yet.

Ben
02-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Which dealer?
On the Blue Force site out of the States (Georgia?) the pouch is $49? Looks like the company's upped the price across the board? The profitability of popularity?

Canadian distributor - One Shot Tactical. Spoke to Darren about it and he was honest about it (as he's always been) - the price increase at the source is what caused the huge spike and in some cases, doubling of the prices; what I was going to buy was only 60% higher lol !

The $49USD reflects their new pricing structure.

Ben
02-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Guys this is just the beginning of all USA products dramatically increasing in price. This has all been foretold and is a direct result of Obmacare. Any company who has more than a certain amount of people working for them has just seen on average a 200% increase in there healthcare cost witch is now rippling threw all fields of employment in the states. Last year was the last year of reasonably priced quality goods coming out of the States.
As of 2014 I am either going to buy high end European goods or low end Chinese goods as much as possible cause the value in the USA in my point of view is no longer there.

Hear you loud and clear on that one.

Re European goods: now that a new exchange agreement has been put in place by the CPC, perhaps we will see more products coming down the pipe at reasonable prices now that taxes and slew of tarrif will have been eliminated, or at the very least, greatly reduced.

Canuck223
02-08-2014, 09:01 AM
Get used to it. When I set my price list, I had built in a cushion amount to offset exchange rate fluctuations. That was burned up last month. When my supplier adds in any price increases on his end, my prices may jump 20-30%.

coastal
02-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Get used to it. When I set my price list, I had built in a cushion amount to offset exchange rate fluctuations. That was burned up last month. When my supplier adds in any price increases on his end, my prices may jump 20-30%.

So is this a precursor to an economic collapse with run-away inflation due to the federal reserve printing money 24 hours a day?

Satain
02-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Hear you loud and clear on that one.

Re European goods: now that a new exchange agreement has been put in place by the CPC, perhaps we will see more products coming down the pipe at reasonable prices now that taxes and slew of tarrif will have been eliminated, or at the very least, greatly reduced.
Already seeing that
S&B prices at Wolverine Supplies makes my friends down south green with envy...
:la:

Ben
02-09-2014, 07:44 AM
Already seeing that S&B prices at Wolverine Supplies makes my friends down south green with envy...
:la:

If anyone was looking to get a PMII and save $500 (not all models mind you), now is the time too @ Wolverines.

ilikemoose
02-09-2014, 09:03 PM
What kind of company thinks they can jack up prices that much and still remain competitive?

Ben
02-10-2014, 08:41 AM
What kind of company thinks they can jack up prices that much and still remain competitive?

Their product offering are proprietary to them so if you like their product, it's the only place that you can get them from.

Think of the VCAS slign (I have 3 of them and they are great), the Minus (minimalist) line, ten-speed whisper, etc. They aren't fighting another brand who's making the exact same products.

And A LOT of MIL and LEO sales sure keeps companies like this with full bank accounts.

I'm expecting to receive a prototype (he'll be releasing it shortly) light weight chest rig from a Canadian manufacturer in the next couple of weeks and instead of going with the BFG pouches I'll be going with his if he can slightly modify his current design to what I was hoping to get. Pictures and initial review when I get it!