PDA

View Full Version : EDCers Flash Drive - Kingston SE9 - Good things do come in small packages...

mlehto
02-07-2014, 09:40 PM
So recently starting a new job, I have found several instances where I could have used a USB key, and learned quickly that having to resort to multiple Emails to transfer files, or pics sucks.

I do use a couple "Cloud Based" services, but don't trust much to that kind of thing, and wanted another option to have handy at all times.

Of course being a member over on EDC Forums, I have seen these guys several times in pics, and decided to do some research which quickly turned into a hunt for a local store that sells these.

Anyways, I just wanted to put it out there that this thing is by far the best option in a USB drive I have ever had the pleasure of laying my hands on.

So small, light, and strong at the same time, and comes in up to a 64gb option.

All while sitting almost un-noticed on your keychain, and I am a minimalist at heart, so don't deal well with bulky pockets.

Anyways I picked this 8gb model up for only $8!!!

If you don't own one, do yourself a favour and go get one. For this price you honestly can't lose!

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/mlehtovaara/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140207_221245087_zpstqozcjho.jpg (http://s801.photobucket.com/user/mlehtovaara/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140207_221245087_zpstqozcjho.jpg.html)

bettercallsaul
02-08-2014, 12:26 AM
I have one of those on my keychain too. Mine is white.

In fact I forgot I had it until this.

Ben
02-08-2014, 07:15 AM
I would strongly advise against any portable USB drive that aren't encrypted (biometric COTS products just aren't up to par yet) via password, even if it's just to go from one PC to another - it's on your keychain and can be lost - especially if you have client's or employer's data on it.

JustBen
02-08-2014, 11:40 AM
I would strongly advise against any portable USB drive that aren't encrypted (biometric COTS products just aren't up to par yet) via password, even if it's just to go from one PC to another - it's on your keychain and can be lost - especially if you have client's or employer's data on it.

Agreed. I run TrueCrypt on my flash drive.

coastal
02-08-2014, 11:45 AM
I only trust these, sure you needed 17 of them to load Kings Quest III.

http://toastytech.com/good/floppy8.jpg

Its crazy they can cram 8gb in something that small. lol

mlehto
02-08-2014, 03:13 PM

I am not concerned.

There is nothing but templates, manuals, tech info, and some personal media, resume, etc.

mlehto
02-08-2014, 03:14 PM
Its crazy they can cram 8gb in something that small. lol

Pretty sure they come up to 64gb in the same size... ;)

awndray
02-08-2014, 04:02 PM
They make them in 128GB too. There are cards for larger capacities and smaller form factor. Think digital cameras.

hercster
02-08-2014, 06:45 PM
I don't know if it's still the case as I have been out of the systems game for a while but it used to be that some devices didn't get along with strong magnetic fields. As I recall, someone put his keys on a large speaker cabinet and things got gnarly.

Lord Vader
02-21-2014, 11:01 PM
I have a 16GB Kingston DataTraveler and I quite like it. Works great as a keychain/EDC flash drive. I got it for $20 shipped from Amazon